• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Black & White

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm thinking the third game in the group will be something like grey or something that involves both if the 3rd of the legendary pokemon is a mix of the other 2
wonder what the 2 are:unsure:

I'd like to say that the choice of name is interesting in its own right. Considering that Black and White usually represents what right and wrong from a moral view. I hardly think there will be much of a difference the two games between, but if we let the dreams fly for a minute, I can totally imagine that in Black you could join the inevitable team of bad guys, while in White you could like, join the opposite site, the police or something.

Fuck that would awesome.

DAMMIT THAT WOULD BE FUCKIN' BADASS! If that's the case... defenetily Black... because i always wanted to join team Rocket or Team Aqua, just so they could have my awesome skills and wouldn't suck anymore. :P Still hoping for dark and Ice legendaries; though Ghost and Pure-flying wouldn't be bad.

Well, the title is better than some other games. Surprisingly, they did not go with Topaz like had been speculated; I had a feeling Black and White would be the names, though.

Either way, I'm expecting an HGSS vibe here; there's been a bit of a trend in the gaming industry to go Retraux. Keep the plot simple and open ended, with no version legendaries or shit like that, and it'll be great.

No sun/moon legendaries? Whoooo.

Keep the plot simple and open ended, with no version legendaries or shit like that, and it'll be great.

The lack of this is what made me not like RSE and DPPt as much as the other games.

GSC were okay though, since they were just legendaries and not deities, it's that sort of version legendary I didn't like.

Last edited:
Thought I'd give the page a translation. There's not really any information there yet: the animation says
2010年 秋ー (FALL 2010)
新たなるポケモンの歴史が始まる (Pokémon history will be made [lit. New Pokémon's history will begin])
ポケットモンスターシリーズ完全新作 (A brand new installment of the Pocket Monster series)
and the page itself reads
完全新作今秋発売!! (A whole new series to be released this fall!!)
次回, 4月15日(木)新たな情報発表! (New information will be released this Thursday, April fifteenth)

I was amused that this came up right after I found this fan concept art. (To "Pokémon Monochrome and Pokémon Sepia", no less.)

I'll translate whatever they give on Thursday to the best of my ability as well! [salutes]

Oh yeah, and I want Black. I have a tradition of second-named games too, but come on! Pokémon Black!

This makes me unbelievably glad that I didn't name my fake game Black Version.

Not that I gave a second thought to Hematite version.

Anyways. Hopefully this does represent the whole 'good and evil rage' idea. If not, I probably won't get them. OTL Though a Zoroark would be an awesome addition to my team.

I would greatly prefer an open-ended plot to a "yay let's join Team Rocket" plot; sure, it's another side of the coin, but what people fail to realize is that it's no less linear than being a goody two-shoes.

What do you mean, open-ended? Like non-linear? Pokémon games are only slightly less linear than any given recent FF release, cough. Multiple endings would be... different, but I don't know how well such a drastic difference would be received.

Damn. I'm taking White Version to break the "get first game always nyah' trend this time around. I kinda sorta hope it isn't a placeholder; I don't want to buy another handheld that I'll barely use except for this D:

Not so much "multiple endings" as... the sort of thing they try to do with Pokémon MMOs, more sandboxy than just a few alternate paths to take. Obviously that's not going to happen (whatever happened to those WiiWare developers who wanted to give it a shot? :/), but to me "you can be TR now" would get as old as "you must get all eight badges" after a while.

I kind of like the lack of storyline in the mainstream games, honestly. Probably only because I'm a writer and I like how, aside from the basic, repetitive structure, it gets out of your way and lets you interpret your character's journey however you like. Later games have narrowed this down further, though I think I'm a bit more forgiving of the heavy legendary plots than most because I'm also a sucker for worldbuilding and mythology.

...so really what I guess I'm trying to say is that I don't think I'd be any more satisfied if they tried even harder to force-feed me any sort of story, no matter how edgy it was. That's not the kind of game Pokémon is.

I'll have to see what the version exclusives are before I make my decision.

Dibs on the one with a cat-themed exclusive!

Guys, I know that everyone's for the moral choice system idea that's going on, but really? I doubt It'll happen. It's a fun idea out of context but what'll happen if his is the case? You go about pulling heists trying to get your old boss back or creating new universes without emotion or something? No, in my opinion. I'd rather the generic "get 8 badges, defeat elite 4" story.
And what's this about multiple endings? All of the main series pokemon games (actually maybe all of the pokemon games i dunno) don't even have one, really. You just go about raising your team or trying to finish the national dex.

Anyway, as I said before, it wouldn't surprise me if Zoroark is the version mascot for Black. If it is, fuck yeah, though it wouldn't surprise me if it's just another version exclusive legendary that Nintendo slaps on the box. A semi-exclusive legendary such as Ho-oh or Lugia were would be okay, I suppose.
Also, if this is the case, maybe the White version mascot will be revealed in CoroCoro or Pokemon Sunday. c:

They should make a new elite 4 with a bunch of the old members. Just to keep Bruno there for Gen V. All of this is just personal opinion, of course.

In light, white is the presence of all colors/the entire spectrum.

On a surface, Black is the absorption of all colors/the entire spectrum.

The Yellow/Crystal/Platinum of this generation will be Pokemon Spectrum (or Pokemon Rainbow, if they are feeling sassy). Calling it now.

Dibs on the rainbow.

Anyway, I'm waiting till the Crystal/Yellow/Whatever of this comes out. Nintendo just wants my money, which I don't have...

Dibs on the rainbow.

... freakin' Rainbow. (<33)

I think it'll probably be Rainbow too - if they went with Gray or Grey, half the English-speaking audience would think it was spelled wrong. :B

And just because being a Rocket would be /similar/ to the age-old formula, I'd sure prefer it over the same old same old. I've wanted to play as the Rockets nearly since I /heard/ of Pokémon. (XD doesn't count.)

Also, unfortunately, I'm gonna have to guess it won't be for the DS too. I mean, GB - GBC - GBA - DS... every gen's come out on the new one, and I have no reason to believe it would change now. :x

When is this new DSamathing scheduled to come out? I mean, if these games are coming out this fall that'd have to be out before then. I guess it could be DSi-exclusive or something lame like that.

I'm not really sure how multiple endings would work out, given the nature of Pokemon. All the games I've seen that have multiple endings tend to either do a good ending/bad ending sort of deal or a love interest thing. Besides, Pokemon already has a choose-your-own-adventure aspect to it in how you can have whatever team you want and how so much is open for interpretation.

I'd like to see a DARKER AND EDGIER main Pokemon game myself though. Not that I think it'd happen.

... I think that when the fifth gen was confirmed as ever existing it was said to be for the DS. See this.

Yes, yes, and the Black and White JP site says "System: DS" as well. Everything's very tentative right now though; it /could/, it has a possibility, of being DSi-/3DS-only. I suppose it's more likely that it will be DS because it says that, but I was just reflecting on the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom