• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

I may be going to England.

Tarvos

helt plötsligt blev det tyst
Nothing is sure yet.

My girlfriend decided she wants to move to Bristol to study medicine there (she wants to be a shrink). I decided I may follow her, as soon as I can manage.

It's not sure she's going yet, but if she goes, I get to build a whole new life with my love in a different country.

:)

(My plan is to finish my own education in England when I go there.)

I love Bristol University... Bristol is a really nice place for an English city.
Hopefully your girlfriend will get onto the course because, as everyone knows, it's extremely competitive. I was rejected from all four of the universities I applied to for Vet Medicine/Science and Bristol is one of the harder ones to get in to.

No no no.

I thought I had heard somewhere before that he was North American. I don't know where I got it from though, so sorry for the mix-up.

Have fun in England, Watershed.

It's not sure we're going - she got in but her parents don't really want to let her go (money, I think?) - they did it as a safeguard in case she failed her first year a second time at ULB (Brussels). She originally wanted to go two years ago but her parents and her decided it wasn't a good idea, and she enrolled here instead. She failed her first year of ULB (their medicine system is fucked because Wallonia doesn't really have selective entries, leading to a lot of competition in the first year and 10% passing or so). She was enrolled last year for the same reason, but she decided to try again here. She is going to pass now - most likely it won't be an issue that she *has* to go, but she's gotten so sick of Brussels that she wants to go.

So there might be an issue there. All *I* need to do is tie up the loose ends of my bachelor's degree and I can follow her to England for a master's degree. I won't go to Bristol though. (I am looking at a few things, such as Bath).

Blastoise - I'm 100% Dutch, but I've lived in Canada for a couple years as a young child.

Poor Blastoise says one little thing and gets mauled.

i was going to say the same thing, ruby.

was it really that much of a far-out assumption? what's with all the offense taken?

in any case, i'm glad things are turning out for you, altmer/watershed/whatever.

No no no.

I thought I had heard somewhere before that he was North American. I don't know where I got it from though, so sorry for the mix-up.

Have fun in England, Watershed.

Ah, I see. Sorry about that, I thought you'd just assumed he was North American. Lots of people tend to think America and England = the English-speaking world.

...bit OTT to call it getting mauled, Ruby, and I don't think anyone was genuinely offended? >_> Sheesh, it was a simple mistake sorted out in a single post.

Last edited:
...Poor Cirrus makes one simple mistake and gets mauled.

Poor Ruby makes a single mistake and gets mauled.

(also good luck altmer if you go)

I'd be a nitpick and say "the Netherlands is not an English-speaking country" but it would be beside the point of this thread

You'll get mauled saying things like that, Watershed.

>:( WALES NEEDS MORE LOVE

[i have nothing else to contribute, i'm just sticking up for my nation and all that. oh also good look with the whole life-changing plan thingy altmer]

Back
Top Bottom