• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Phantom vs. Newton (ref: Squornshellous Beta)

Fuck, I hate water... So does my pokemon.

Are we even by water?

Same thing.

Rock Slide ~ Stone Edge ~ Earthquake

2vs2 single
DQ Time: 1 week
Damage Cap: 50%
Banned Moves: Weather moves
Arena: Model Railroad

The Pokémon have been miraculously shrunken to fit on a model railroad table, with a working train and everything. To the trainers, the table is only a meter on either side. There's a large lake (relatively speaking) in one corner, and a smattering of trees which condense into a forest at the other corner. By default, the track runs right in between the lake and the forest, though it can be shifted as the trainers wish.

A map of the default layout can be found here.

Railroad tracks can be added or taken away, as can railroad cars. Cars will only be able to move to adjacent spaces which also have tracks on them, and move at a rate of one space (direct or diagonal) per action. They can be controlled (stopped, started, and directed) by the trainers. Each trainer gets one train command per action, and order is determined by the Pokémon's speed. Order can be specific (go northwest) or general (keep going forward). Orders will be ignored when impossible (no track exists or another car is in the way) or if there is a fork and no direction is indicated.

In addition to tracks and cars, trees and mountains can be added or removed. Mountains are impassible barriers except by flying Pokémon, though tracks can be built through mountains to allow passage. Trees can be used for hiding or whatever other clever purpose you come up with. Mountains are noted by "*". Each Pokémon fits approximately in one square, and their positions are noted by "@"

Each trainer can indicate one map change (adding or removing a piece) when they call their attacks in addition to the train directions - indicate the piece (track, car, tree, mountain) and the position (row-column). Trees cannot be layered with anything and cars can only be placed where there are tracks. Mountains can be layered on tracks and vice versa, and though cars can go through mountains if tracks exist they cannot be placed in or taken away from a mountain space.

So, to conclude: In addition to attacks, you need to indicate up to 3 train controls and up to 1 map change.
Team Phantom
xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Geodude
Hephaestus (Male)
Ability: Sturdy
Health: 26%
Energy: 71%
Status: Hah! I win! Badly poisoned (2% this round, 3% next)
Commands: Rock Slide ~ Stone Edge ~ Earthquake

Team Newton
xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Finneon
Selenium (Female)
Ability: Storm Drain
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%
Commands: Surf ~ Surf ~ Surf

Round 12 Begin!

Knowing that the battle will soon be over, Newton sends out a Finneon into the lake, which is apparently made of real water. As Hephaestus rushes as fast as he can towards her, she swims round in cricles and flutters her fins. The water begins to stir and rise up, and just as Hephaestus gets fairly close it pulls up into a massive wave. The wave rushes at him and crashes down on him, and when he's once again visible to those around him he's unconscious.

The trainers recall their Pokémon and head off to the Pokémon Centre, hoping there's some way to reverse the small size.

Round 12 End!

Team Phantom
xpqo.jpg
xpqo.jpg

Geodude
Hephaestus (Male)
Ability: Sturdy
Health: 0%
Energy: 71%
Attacks Used: [nothing]

Team Newton
xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Finneon
Selenium (Female)
Ability: Storm Drain
Health: 100%
Energy: 94%
Attacks Used: Surf

Damage / Energy Calculations
Surf - 30% damage, 6% energy (accuracy roll 5, needed 100 to miss)

Notes
- And that's it, I guess! Surf was a critical hit.

Arena Notes
- Currently the arena looks like this.

Prizes
Newton gets $16, I get $10, and Phantom gets $6. Niobium gets 2 EXP, as does Hephaestus, and Selenium; Fenris only gets 1.

Back
Top Bottom