• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Moving to Brussels for internship

Tarvos

helt plötsligt blev det tyst
I'm moving to Brussels for 2 months for an internship at an institute related to the Flemish parliament.

Fuck yeah.

Thanks. The good bit is this: it's a big institute for research on society and technology. I'll be doing research on something that's new and original and uncharted territory.

Basically, I have a good challenge ahead of me, but I also have a fucking amazing thing to put on my cv if it works out.

I think he thought this was the Fwee thread.

In any case, what kind of work are you doing specifically? I recall you saying once that you were working in environmental science or something?

Nah, I took some classes on it but nothing particularly. I'm working for the Institute for Society and Technology which is an advisory body for the Flemish parliament. I'm going to do research on the overlaps between their analysis methodology (Technology Assessment), which is about social impact of technological innovation, and science communication.

Basically they both need to use dialogue and use participation of the "lay public", but I'm going to develop a theoretical framework that shows the overlap between these two. Of course I only have two months in Brussels so I can't do a complete research, just do the important early stuff.

I think they want me to use nanotechnology as a case for this - good thinking as I'm a chemical engineer originally and thus have some background in that

Back
Top Bottom