• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Aurion Home for the Belligerent Elderly

Hum de ho

Cranidos Rock Wrecker?
Panpour Aqua Jet? Whirlpool?
Lotad Aqua Jet? Aqua Ring? Ingrain?
Hurricane Golbat/Crobat?

Also why not Dig on Phanpy? That upsets me.

Right, sorry for the wait. At this point res has at least partially answered some of these questions, but I'mma just go through everything anyway.

what about swords dance on mankey?

AHBE moves must be the same type as the pokémon that is to learn them. Counter and mirror coat are the only exceptions.

Quiver Dance, Rage Powder, Tail Glow on Accelgor?

None of them.

All of those on an illumise? (Fireflies are butterflies too! In that they both have "fly" in their name.)

Agility, heal block, heal pulse, hypnosis, imprison, miracle eye, psycho shift, or wonder room on a grumpig?

Does getting a typechange from a signature attribute allow you to learn a move of the type gained?

Tail glow yes, the other two no.

No, no, no, yes, yes, yes, no, no

I think Negrek told me once that sig attribute typechanges are okay for getting AHBE moves, so for now I'd be willing to let you buy them, but if she vetoes it later and tells me I'm wrong then there you go.

Counter/mirror coat on ivysaur/rattata/meowth?

Rattata already gets counter, so no. The others are fine.

Extremespeed tauros? (it gets quick attack via NYPC giveaway)

I feel like I answered this already but I don't feel like going back and checking, so if I'm contradicting myself then yell at me and I'll make up my mind. No.

Hum de ho

Cranidos Rock Wrecker?
Panpour Aqua Jet? Whirlpool?
Lotad Aqua Jet? Aqua Ring? Ingrain?
Hurricane Golbat/Crobat?

Also why not Dig on Phanpy? That upsets me.

Yes
Yes, yes
Yes, yes, no
Yes

Likewise I don't exactly remember whether I said anything one way or the other about digging phanpy, but elephants don't really seem like the type to do that sort of thing.

Protect, Encore on Smeargle?

All smeargle come with protect by default. I get the distinct impression that I'm not allowed to tutor super-restricted gimmicks like smeargle or wobbuffet anything here, although if Negrek says otherwise then I guess encore is fine.

Hurricane for honchkrow?

Yes.

Rage Powder for Masquerain?

Yes.

Entrainment skitty/delcatty?

Yes.

No to either of those on nincada, but yes to fissure larvitar.

Eh, sure.

Whirlwind yes, the other three no for now (assuming I remember to come back and think about it.)

Yes.

u-turn kricketune?

perish song rattata, meowth, sentret, aipom, glameow, miccino, pidgey, spearow, farfetch'd, taillow, starly, pidove, reufflet, togepi, buneary, patrat, skitty, spinda lines? chatot? eevee?

Back
Top Bottom