• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Friend Safari 2.0

Cynder:
Deciding that you don't want to get dragged into all of this, you ask Wailmer to bring you back to shore. He does, with much haste... but maybe thats because he's scared of that other dude and the Gyarados. Anyway, you get off your Wailmer friend upon arrival, bid him adieu, and head for the trolley, when you see that rowdy young upstart trainer coming along with you. You just sigh and walk to the trolley, as he attempts to catch up, hoping that he'll get off at a different stop.

The clowns have not cleared the trolley.

It is extremely crowded.

Stepping off into familiar territory, you look behind you... and there stands that same guy from before. You start to wonder what his name is, when suddenly you hear a buzzing above your head, and you see the other guy looking above your head. You follow suit, and there you see an Illumiseillumise, on the lookout for some potential mates (presumably).

What do you do?

Safari Balls remaining: 2
Caught Pokemon: Frogadier (Male), Marshtomp (Female), Jellicent (Female), Golett (Genderless), Shuppet (Female), Phantump (Male), Kricketune (Female), Yanma (Female), Surskit (Female), Joltik (Male), Plusle (Female), Chinchou (Female), Mudkip (Male), Clamperl (Female), Dewpider (Male), Brionne (Male)
Obtained Items: Shiny Goggles, Ground Gem, Dusk Stone, Silver Powder, Electric Gem, Water Gem
Partner Pokemon: Armaldo

RedneckPhoenix:
Just out of curiosity, why dimma-do you want to keep bugging him?

Your eyes light up as you see the majesty-ness of the Gyarados, and you're throwing a Safari Ball before you know it. It goes in, you grab it, life is good... until you see that other guy heading back to shore. Wanting to bug him more, you grab Chimchar and tell him to blast some fire to propel yourself to the trolley. The other guy begrudgingly holds the trolley up for you once you get on land again, and you're off!

The clowns have not cleared the trolley.

It is extremely crowded.

Once you get off, you see all sorts of fruits, vegetables, and other edible crops spread out through a gigantic field, with trees and other foliage spread throughout. Upon closer inspection of these crops though, they've all been nibbled on and eaten, and would be generally unpleasant to eat. The air is also quite humid and muggy, and theres a constant far off buzzing coming from somewhere... it sounds like it changes locations every 5 minutes. You take in the surroundings, when the buzzing gets uncannily loud... like its right next to you. You look above the other guys head, and there lies an Illumiseillumise, searching for something, or someone.

What do you do?

Safari Balls remaining: 4
Caught Pokemon: Houndour (Female), Fennekin (Male), Gastly (Female), Sandygast (Female), Gyarados (Male)
Obtained Items: Shiny Goggles
Partner Pokemon: Chimchar

*posts Safari Zone thing*
*forgets about it*
93630856-3302-44f5-bb3a-d87a19020565.jpg
RedneckPhoenix said:
safari poke
cabef76801ce4de122eace9d36f2ef91.jpg
RedneckPhoenix said:
another safari poke
i have like a bowl of these on my coffee table
maxresdefault.jpg
Finchwidget said:
Oooooh, what flavor?
RedneckPhoenix said:
"GET YOUR ASS IN GEAR DAMNIT STRYKE" flavor.
hqdefault.jpg
RedneckPhoenix said:
hey
hey
hey
hey
hey
hey
hey
how bout that safari zone huh
And now... rsz_tumblr_og68fwzulv1v0f2v7o1_1280.jpg... Here I am.
Thank you Phoenix, for reminding me that this place exists! Honestly, if it weren't for you, this place would be history by now. Anyway, all the Safari stuff is below...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Cynder:
Passing by the floating firefly, you try to lose that other trainer by sneaking away into the tall grass. He fails to see your escape attempt, and you sneak off into the grass. However, shortly after ditching that guy, you feel something crawling on your back... 4 somethings, actually. You turn around, and there, on your back, is a female Surskitsurskit. How it got on your back is a mystery, but now it's there.

What do you do?

Caught Pokemon: Frogadier (Male), Marshtomp (Female), Jellicent (Female), Golett (Genderless), Shuppet (Female), Phantump (Male), Kricketune (Female), Yanma (Female), Surskit (Female), Joltik (Male), Plusle (Female), Chinchou (Female), Mudkip (Male), Clamperl (Female), Dewpider (Male), Brionne (Male)
Obtained Items: Shiny Goggles, Ground Gem, Dusk Stone, Silver Powder, Electric Gem, Water Gem

RedneckPhoenix:
Finally, someone uses them!

Caring little for the Illumise, you're about to turn to the other trainer when you hear a clicking noise from behind you. You turn and face it (failing to notice the other guys escape), and there on a tree is a male Grubbingrubbin, happily clicking it's mandibles together.

What do you do?

Safari Balls remaining: 4
Caught Pokemon: Houndour (Female), Fennekin (Male), Gastly (Female), Sandygast (Female), Gyarados (Male)
Obtained Items: Shiny Goggles (Unable to be used for 4 more turns)

Hello again, you all. This is just a heads up to all two of you in the zone that I intend to get this place back up and running in the next few days. I apologise for the delay!

Not sure how many more times I can apologize for forgetting about this zone (don't get me wrong though, I AM sorry), so I'll spare you that and just leave it at this: I've settled into a routine now at this point in the year, so I should be able to post here pretty regularly. Anyway, let's get back into this.

Cynder:
Shooing the bug off your back, you decide that maybe the creepy-crawlies aren't really your thing, and decide to get far away from them. But in which direction should you flee? Up, of course! Specifically, to the Flying zone... and thus, that's where you head. You take the trolley over to it, whistling while you do.

When you arrive in the zone, you look around, and almost immediately get vertigo. You notice you're on a platform about 12 feet by 12 feet big, suspended high, high up in the air. Like, you can barely see the ground high. As you struggle to catch your breath from the high altitude and having it taken away by how high up you are, you look around. All around you are similar platforms, scattered about in all directions, with some covered by huts and some not. Connecting these platforms are a bunch of rope bridges that look surprisingly well kept and stable. Above you, you can hear the sound of various bird Pokemon flying about above your head. In fact, it almost sounds like its getting louder... you look up only to see a male Pidgeypidgey, ready to divebomb you!

What do you do?

RedneckPhoenix:
Aiming a careful ball at the Grubbin, you launch it right at it. It goes in, wiggles a few times, but all in all, it was an easy capture. You go over to pick up your new buggo when you hear the sound of the trolley doors opening. You turn to see the cause of it, and there you see that one trainer you've been following step in and select his destination. You can't make out which one, but it glows periwinkle, so you figure it's probably Flying. You pick up your Grubbin, head for the next trolley, click the Flying type zone, and hope that that was indeed the zone that one guy picked as you head for the skies.

As you step out of the trolley, you are struck with a sense of vertigo, which only heightens as you realize just how high up you are. Suddenly, without any warning, you feel a tap on your back. You turn around, and there hovers a male Ledianledian, staring at you intently with big curious eyes.

What do you do?

Safari Balls remaining: 3
Caught Pokemon: Houndour (Female), Fennekin (Male), Gastly (Female), Sandygast (Female), Gyarados (Male), Grubbin (Male)
Obtained Items: Shiny Goggles (Unable to be used for 3 more turns)

MWPuppire:
"Thank you for your purchase and enjoy your stay at the Friend Safari 2.0!" the receptionist exclaims as you head for the trolley with your recently purchased Safari Balls and your Electrike by your side. You wave back to her, step inside, and internally debate where to visit first, before finally settling on the Dragon zone. Pressing that respective button, you head off to go get yourself some new 'mons.

You step off the trolley, and are instantly blown away by what you see. The sky seems like it is perpetually sunset, with more orange and red then any blue. The ground is devoid of any plant life, with only large, completely leafless trees around, as if the entire place had fell victim to numerous forest fires. A path cutting straight through the many trees (if they can be called that) led straight ahead, appearing to lead straight to a giant, craggy mountain which seems to be above the clouds at its highest point that looms over you ominously. Waaaaay off in the distance you can see some kind of giant dragon type circling it near the top, but it's too far away to make out what it is. Feeling a chill run down the back of your spine, you begin to set off on the path when something catches your eye; a small male Sliggoosliggoo about 20 feet off the path to your right, wandering about aimlessly and carefree.

What do you do?

Safari Balls remaining: 10
Caught Pokemon: None
Obtained Items: Shiny Goggles
Partner Pokemon: Electrike

YAY A DRAGON TYPE!!! And, I STARTED WITH SOMEONE OTHER THAN A COMMON!!!!!!!!!!! I catch it.
(P.S. sorry for excessive caps, I am just SO HAPPY!!!!!)
EDIT: Also, I would like to use my shiny goggles at max setting, 'cuz why not.

Last edited:
Cynder:
Ducking out of the way of the tiny birds wrath, you slip onto a nearby rope bridge. Midway across, you look back. The Pidgey eyes you with malice, but isn't giving chase; almost as if he's saying "you go free... this time". Also of note; that guy following you earlier as mysteriously disappeared. However, you never heard the trolley leave or anything... how strange. However, you don't dwell on it too long, as you head for the nearest hut straight ahead. You get to the hut, and decide to poke your head in, just for fun. Inside is a decent-sized pond, a bit larger than your standard above ground pool. Swimming within it are multiple Ducklettsducklett, swimming around and having a good time. One male one, however, takes offense at you peeping in on their poultry party, and starts waddling towards you.

What do you do?

RedneckPhoenix:
You break eye contact with the Ledian, and it flies away towards the horizon. You, however, have found something else that catches your eye; the ground. Or rather, the lack of it; you are so high up that you cannot see the ground. Where exactly are you? What does it look like below? Is it some cool hidden area? These questions start racing through your head as you contemplate whats beneath this place. Well, you aren't going to just wait around for an answer... which is why you're currently freefalling from a height of around 15,000 feet. In retrospect, this may not have been the best idea, but it's too late for regrets... or perhaps not. Because right as you're about to break through the clouds, a male Tropiustropius swoops down and nabs you on its back.

What do you do?

Safari Balls remaining: 3
Caught Pokemon: Houndour (Female), Fennekin (Male), Gastly (Female), Sandygast (Female), Gyarados (Male), Grubbin (Male)
Obtained Items: Shiny Goggles (Unable to be used for 2 more turns)

MWPuppire:
Upon seeing this Sliggoo, you immediately get extremely excited. Imagine the luck of finding something other than a Common on your first try! Well, you aren't going to let it get away. You lob a Safari Ball at it as fast as you can, and it puts up a bit of a fight, but in the end gets caught. You feel lucky and ecstatic, and continue on with your head held high. After a couple of minutes, you remember the goggles you got at the beginning of your journey, and you decide to put them on. You check the settings wheel, and decide to set it as far back as it can go, to the number 5. You put the goggles on, and take a look around. Unfortunately, there's nary a sparkle nor shimmer to be seen, but you DO see something else cool: a male Gabitegabite, 75 feet within the forest, hacking up a nearby tree.

What do you do?

Safari Balls remaining: 9
Caught Pokemon: Sliggoo (Male)
Obtained Items: Shiny Goggles (Unable to be used for 4 more turns)
Partner Pokemon: Electrike

Back
Top Bottom