• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Land Before Time

Ether's Bane

future Singaporean
Pronoun
he
Seeing that Winnie the Pooh shorts thread reminded me of my own favorite childhood cartoon (cartoon movie, actually, but what the hell): The Land Before Time.

My favorite LBT movies were 2, 4, 5, 6, and 7 (even though I haven't seen any since the 9th one, but there are too many sequels and they probably ruined the series).

So, who else is/was a fan?

P.S. Cera <3333333

I still have little plastic dinosaurs on my shelves named Littlefoot and Cera. They must have been there for, oh, a decade?

Also I refuse to acknowledge the existence of any film beyond the sixth.

I used to LOVE the LBT films. I can't remember much of anything beyond their names, and I'm a little sketchy even on that, but DINOSAURS :DDD

there are too many sequels and they probably ruined the series

This is my fear =[

But I am so totally a fan of the original ones! <3 I haven't seen any of them in a really long time. I think I've seen up until they stopped naming the movies with numbers, which was around 7 or so I think?

I remember obsessing of Petrie. Something about that pteradon just made him become my favorite cartoon character of all time. Speaking of which, I have to watch the first movie again sometime soon. :)

The first was definitely the best in my opinion. I used to watch it all the time and it was one of my favorite movies EVER. I also used to watch the sequels, but I don't really care for any of them anymore.

I need to watch it again, but I haven't for a while because I gave all of my old VHS tapes away long ago (we don't have any working VHS players now anyway). Also, I just checked Wikipedia and there were thirteen movies, the last one being released in 2007. I think there was also a TV show a couple of years back.

Oi, I love me some Land Before Time! Like, this was my childhood! I even love the musical films, although I do agree there was a point where they began to drop to crap quality. My favorites are the first couple, the one where Chomper returns, and I think Saurus Rock? My memories a little sketchy aside from the first film(which I actually watched recently) and the aforementioned movie with Chomper. I think there was one with like a crocodile or something, and Spike finally talks in it? I kinda liked that one too.

I had the first movie on VHS that I watched until it stopped working.

Always there,
Someone you can count on to comfort you~

And who can forget "Friends For Dinner"? Seriously, these movies were my childhood.

i love them. i think i've seen up to the seventh film. i don't remember a thing about most of them other than the first, but i'd probably nostalgia trip pretty badly if i watched one of them.

I WAS JUST TALKING ABOUT THIS ON SKYPE YESTERDAY WHAT COINCIDENCE.

But yeah, Land Before Times were the best cartoon series ever.

I am like the only child in existence who never saw any of these movies, ever. Really wanted to, though! I kept seeing those dinosaur VHS covers and being all WHY HAVEN'T I SEEN THIS THAT'S NOT FAIR.

Of course, we didn't actually have a VHS player for the longest time and even after we got one we only ever rented tapes. I was always all jealous of the other kids who actually owned these huge collections of cartoons I'd never seen.

I am like the only child in existence who never saw any of these movies, ever. Really wanted to, though! I kept seeing those dinosaur VHS covers and being all WHY HAVEN'T I SEEN THIS THAT'S NOT FAIR.
No, no, you're not the /only/ one. I've never seen any of them either. :l

You're not the only one! I've always always always wanted to watch it, but never got around to it for some reason.

This is coming from the person who's been on tour to the friggin' animation studio where they were making a friggin' Land Before Time movie. I actually saw people there animating a herd of dinosaurs walking (migrating?) and stuff.

Goddamn it.

Back
Top Bottom