• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Songs that make you smile / ones that make you happy

I don't actually like BBT, but Barenaked Ladies (who did the theme song) are possibly my favourite band, and loads of their songs are really happy* and make me grin. If I Had $1000000, Life in a Nutshell and One Week are all fabulous.

*Except the sad ones. Which are just sad. Although some of their sad songs manage to be happy (I'll Be That Girl is so cheerful you forget it's about suicide, and Tonight Is The Night I Fell Asleep At the Wheel - the song subject really is what you think - is set to a waltz).

Rhapsody of Fire - Danza di Fuoco e Ghiaccio
Iron Maiden - The Number of the Beast, The Trooper
Night Ranger - Sister Christian
Journey - Don't Stop Believin'
DragonForce - Heart of a Dragon, Revolution Deathsquad

Well geez I was going to come in here and post Hoppípolla but it's in the first post ;-;

BUT ANYWAY my next favorite Sigur Ros song is Starálfur! I really enjoy it :> It's very peaceful, and it really does make me smile c:

"You Get What You Give" by New Radicals

I listened to this song nearly everyday during Summer of '09, which was my best summer, and it just holds so many memories.

"Sakura Drops" by Utada Hikaru.
It's one of the greatest songs ever.
Also:

"Changing Skies" - Lady Gaga
"One More Time" - Daft Punk
"Teenage Dream" - Katy Perry

Heut ist mein Tag always cheers me up, if only because it makes me imagine Hitler at a rave. Which is grossly unfair to both Blümchen and the people of Germany, but eh...

(it's also catchy eurodance nonsense, but that's not the point)

Gay Bar is similarly effective, because you simply cannnot keep a straight face whilst listening to it. :D

So I was listening to "Fireflies" tonight and I decided to check out more of Owl City's music. I didn't like every song I heard, but In the process I found 8 or so I loved. Including my new favorite song "Meteor Shower." It makes me a little sad for some reason, but at the same time so happy. :D

A serious answer from me though, I'd say:

One Piece - Franky Theme: Seriously. Franky himself is a badass (based off Jim Carrey, no less), and this song succesfully captures that aspect of him.

One Piece - Hungry Luffy: This song is so nice and peaceful, it makes me wish I could hang out with the Straw Hat Pirates, we'd have great times...

Inspector Gadget Dubstep remix: Just listen to it. The first Dubstep song I've ever heard, it has become one of my favorite genres of music. Period.

Queen - Tie Your Mother Down: When you're a teen throwing a big party, rule 1 is to make sure mom has no chance to interfere. :D

Haddaway - What Is Love: Admit it. You can't listen to it without smiling.

REM - Shiny Happy People Holding Hands: Dunno why, but this song makes me feel inexplicabbly happy for some reason.

sleeper-train (tie) by kagamine rin,
just be friends my luka.
tripple baka by miku, neru and teto
teto's teritory by kasanekasanekasanekasane TetoTetoTeto!
gemini by rin and len
caramelldansen
dancing samuri by gakupo
still alive from portal. (i taught that to the 3 year old i went on holiday with.)
the list goes on and i'm to lazy to type it. last one,
I CAN TAKE OFF MY PANTIES~ by kagamine rin.

Back
Top Bottom