• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Super Smash Mafia for TCoD - Game Thread

Hey. Blue team. No damage last night, don't have a night action so I didn't use one.

There seems to be basically no reason for an innocent to attack N0 so I have to say I'm kiiiinda suspicious of Zero Moment but eh, I guess in a game with damage it's somewhat less scummy than otherwise? Bleh. I'm in England, only just hastily caught up on this and need to be going to bed, so sorry I'm not very insightful at the moment.

I really don't see any reason to think there's more than one innocent team. I thought the PM was pretty unambiguous and the teams are just flavor.

Also, uh, with each player having however many moves... that's weird, Butterfree. Do you have some sort of gimmicky role, or...?

First of all, I'm going to Abstain, because I'm the other fishing brother and I don't want to have to kill someone tonight because ZM was wrongfully lynched today. Go, team Evil!

And secondly, I can also say that my role and ZM's role are almost word-for-word the same. Thus, I can verify that his only free-to-use damaging attack (the one he said he was using last night) has no launching potential (thus, there was no actual risk involved. Ganondorf attacking Link does make sense for a RP justification, but when he said he was going to attack Phantom for RP reasons last night, I didn't pry.) (we get out-of-thread communication, if that wasn't already obvious)

Thirdly, Butterfree claiming to have no moves. While I would be skeptical, this is a Mafia Facilitator game, and this happened to someone in Trainer Class Mafia, so I think it would be best to take it at face value.

Since Butterfree is Charizard I'm guessing she meant she didn't have any non-attacking moves. I've got three moves and a final smash and they're all based on my character's moveset from in-game.

Link and Ganondorf, as they're wont to, get on each other's throats first thing in the discussion; nonetheless, the smashers decide to have some patience for the time being.

No one was lynched.

48 hours for night actions.

It wasn't easy to spot at first, but soon, somebody realized that something was wrong. They started counting how many Smashers were around, and tallied a total of 15. They then shook their head and tried counting again, this time coming up at 11. Then they realized they forgot to count themselves, so that makes it 12. Probably off by one give or take, considering that there are supposed to be 13. But no matter how many more times they counted, it'd usually amount to 12. So they finally piped up.

"Isn't somebody missing?"

Just then, a voice rang out:
I'm really killing it!

The alarmed Smashers rushed to find out what was going on, and in time, it became clear to them that Sheik was missing. Of course, that particular character was always disappearing off to somewhere, but this time, that "somewhere" was nowhere that anybody could suss out.

Player 4 defeated! He was Blue Team (innocent).

48 hours for discussion.

2r73fc6.png

Hmmm. So, hopeandjoy had the smash ball, and that Smash is probably very powerful. Probably enough to kill someone at a low percent, especially if they chose not to recover that night.

So, assuming SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT FIGHTING TO SAVE THE WORLD hopeandjoy's final smash was enough to dispatch VM, where does that leave us?

Oh, still at 0%. Also, forgot to mention yesterday, but I'm Blue team as well.

(RTB appears to have eaten my post with his ninja skills)

Wait, does scum have insta-KO moves? This may change everything. I don't think a final smash would take care of one person, unless they got ganged up on.

Watch out Dazzle, RTB is stealing your ninja-ness.
Still, from 0% to ded in one night.... All we can really assume is that VM is definitely feeling it now.

Status PM said:
Additionally, you've received an anonymous message:
You and Sheik (Visitor Message) are now a FIGHTING DUO. Fight to be the last two players remaining! Be warned, though: if one of you is KO'd, the other player will be KO'd as well! (Note: You may NOT communicate out-of-thread)
wtf but he's already dead
I guess this happened after that whole him dying thing. Or, he's NOT REALLY DEAD or something like that, y'know, because this is MFia.

But that being the case, he was launched from, we can probably assume, zero percent or something else very low. Though Sheik is a very light character, I'm fairly sure none of us have any moves that could do quite that much normally.

hopeandjoy, I am now suspicious of you. What did you do with that Smash Ball? I can see Megaman's final smash KO'ing someone like Sheik from a very low percent, by gameplay standards.

I passed on the Smash Ball actually. Furthermore, the description of my final smash as MF described it seemed to indicate that I couldn't launch someone successfully at 0% anyway.

In other words, I've been framed.

Hold on, if MF announces who has the smash ball every night, does that mean nobody had it the first night?

Also, honestly, I would be very surprised if the mafia weren't able to insta-kill people, because that would put them at a huge disadvantage. Maybe one of them has an insta-kill power, or all of them have to gang up on someone to guarantee a kill (assuming said target doesn't recover), or something.

...Everyone is a ninja on the inside. That's all that matters.

I'm still at 0%, for what it's worth.

Visitor Message's death was surprising, and now we know that the Mafia is more than capable of killing us in one night, even if Visitor Message's situation was bad luck. The point was that it was possible and will probably remain that way.

I'm also on the Blue Team, late reply. So I think that does narrow it down to innocent versus scum?

Right. So. This is either some terrible luck or the mafia have insta kills. Are our lynches insta kills? Because if not we are in a bad way. A really bad way.

Still pulling a 0% at the moment.

the fighting duo/double ko thing is interesting, since nothing came of it. But even more interesting, that means that either Sheik could pair himself up like that, or someone's playing matchmaker.

Back
Top Bottom