• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

How do we get new people to join ASB?

Lord of the Fireflies

Back in black.
Okay, so in the few months following ASB's miraculous revival (props to Zhorken* again no we won't say it enough) the forum was bustling with activities, lots of battles were battled, and everyone was pretty excited. I've noticed a good decrease in activities however, as people got bored of it, left without reason, or had too much on their hands elsewhere. Of course, there is no questioning their motives, but it would be nice to bring the new ASB back to its early days, and make all the efforts that were put into it worthwhile.

So how do we get more people to join? Promoting the league to each new forum member seems like commonplace now, and it's great, but I feel it would be nice to make some promotion elsewhere, too. I remember I joined ASB when Smogon actually started ASB and I was like what the heck is that and they gave this league as an example, and I thought it was the prettiest league, with good functioning and base concepts, like creativity in writing and battling.

Now the league is at its peak in terms of quality, I think. So why don't we get more people to play? Not enough visibility, in my sense.

Do you think the league actually needs more players, and if so, how do we get them to play / make them discover TCoD ASB?

*I guess it would be fair to thank Eifie, MF, pathos, Omski, Totodile, pathos, uv and Negrek as well for once

In the short term, it should stay as is. In the long run, though, we're gonna need more.

Right now, the refs have quite a bit on their plates, and the battles are piling up (check out the Challenge Board), so it wouldn't be a good idea to go around advertising if they can't take care of the battles.

In a while, though, the majority of Asberians will graduate college and have job-ly things to worry about, so we will need more people to keep this awesome league alive.

As for visibility, maybe engage in some projects with other Leagues that promise transfers of a few Pokemon from their league or some such along with the usual stipend of starter money. Of course, they won't be able to transfer, say, their Charizard and Pidgeot, but maybe a Charmeleon and a Pidgey.

Back
Top Bottom