• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Closed Somewhere a Clock is Ticking

Chris suppressed an urge to hug Lev like a teddy bear upon hearing this. After a moment of thought she shrugged, clearly not knowing any better than he did.
"Yes. I wonder why.. So, does that mean the dream was actually real? Awesome!"

He hadn't been seen yet. This was good. The Scyther crept quickly towards the tree and took cover exactly opposite where most of the humans were. After a few seconds to make sure he hadn't been seen, the creature began to creep around the tree. As he moved he caught snippets of conversations- A very bad idea on their part, as he was using the sounds they made to track them without seeing.

It occurred to the Scyther that he had not eaten in quite some time. It also occurred to him that he had heard some of his former swarmmates discussing how good humans tasted.

((Yup. Just don't find out all at once, mkay?))

Kuuken's jaw dropped. Again. Pokémon. Do. Not. Talk. Ever. And what else had been said? The dream... W-wait! The dream? "But... But... Bwa? Bwra? Huh? JHJEADTRXSDNHUYKF-" And she fainted. I mean, what else would you do if an animal started talking to you?

The dark shape melted back into the shadows and disappeared. Vita sighed again and stood up. It was probably just some wild Pokemon... What was she afraid off? Looking at the stone tree, the fire trainer silently wondered about her dream. It came almost every single time she slept, and it seemed to be directed at more than one person... Could there be others that have had the same dream and came to the stone tree?

Vita picked up the battered backpack she had been using as a pillow. Might as well as go exploring, now that she had woken up and all. She turned to her charmeleon. "You wanna stay out?"

"Sure," the lizard shrugged and trotted after his trainer, lighting up the dark forest with the flame on his tail.

Completely not noticing that her Pokemon just spoke to her, Vita wandered into the forest.

"But... what do we do now? I don't remember being told to do anything else...", Lev responded to Chris.

At that moment, the other girl who was with Chris fell. Not just fell, though, because she wasn't awake when she hit the ground.

"Ack!", Lev said in a panic, "Oh no! I didn't mean to, ah, I didn't know... Oh, what do we do?", he asked nobody in particular, nudging the girl's head.

The Scyther finally rounded the tree, and poked his head out. One of the humans fell, and others seemed to... Be conversing with a brownfur? The creature shook its head, and then readied itself to strike. It had to pick out a target now and stick with it. The one that fell would at any other time had been the best choice- But there were others around, and it would have to bypass several potential enemies in order to get to it. And so the Scyther readjusted its focus. There was another human closer by, apparently chatting with the little brown creature. The predator adjusted its stance, and when the time was right, it lept. It was a blur of movement, and by the time anyone could figure out what happened there was a blade to Chris's throat.

There was a slight hungry growl, made louder when the hunter directed it towards the brownfur. Its intentions were very clear.

"Whoa! Kuuken! Are you-"
Chris froze in mid-sentence. A blade was less than an inch from her throat. A Scyther. Eyes wide, she tried not to scream or move, afraid of what it would do if it did. She had to do something. Fast. Fight? With what? Could Lev? No.. he would be killed. And she had no weapons.. no, that wasn't true. In the bottom pocket of her backpack was a can of pepper spray. But what good would that do?
It was so hard to think clearly. Swallowing hard, she took a chance, hoping this Scyther could talk, like Lev. She was a good liar, usually, but this was way different than anything before. Chris tried to sound more calm, almost nonchalant.
"I wouldn't do that if I were you. I have friends who will be arriving here soon. We were going to meet here and train their Pokemon with mine. If you so much as touch me, or anyone else, pretty soon, you are going to have an Arcanine, Charizard and Weavile ripping you apart. They know me. They can track my scent, and your's, and you'll be dead within the hour. If you're lucky."
Believe it, believe it, believe it, please, believe it.. God.. I don't want to die.. Or Lev getting hurt..

Last edited:
Faelynn was bored. The tree was looming right there, but nothing was happening, and she didn't really want to just float there for hours and wait. So, instead, she approached the small gathering. Oooh, the Scyther looked like he was going to kill someone! That was definitely more interesting than the tree, so she drifted closer, hearing the threat from the girl who just happened to have a blade at her throat. "Well now this is interesting." Since she was a Ghost-type, her voice had the cliched echoing effect, and it was, of course, not produced by her mouth. That would have spoiled the creepy feelings she gave people!

"You seem to be in a spot of trouble, human. Now, if I was a kind, caring, generous Pokemon, I would attack the Scyther right now. But, helping him might give me something in return, and let me tell you... Your friends will not find their way. Their Pokemon will be confused and lost, if I interfere. So, why don't you think of something to keep me from helping him right now?" With a dainty arm, she pointed at the Bug-type, laughing inwardly. Oh yes, this was fun! And she could always act like she was just playing a joke. She wasn't serious, she had just been pranking them! Riiiiight.

It just now occurred to the Scyther that these humans could apparently communicate with them... Or maybe they couldn't. Either way, he whispered back.

"Can they track a beast through the air? Can they detect a smell through the water? Do they know intricately the ways of the woods? And even assuming they could find me, know you that there is no creature on this planet more lethal than one of our kind. I held my own against half a swarm." The Scyther let this hang, then turned his attention to the ghostling. At it he merely hissed, malice in his eyes. During this slight period of distraction the Scyther's blade relaxed slightly. It was barely noticeable, but it did.

Gardean was still standing behind the tree, hearing all the ruckus at the other side. A Scyther had attacked the humans there.

Gardean didn't even bother to think about it. Until something his mother had told him popped up in his head. "Remember Gardean, humans are our friends, but the bond between humans and Pokémon is unreliable at times. That's why you should protect humans, so that the bond becomes stronger"

With this in mind, Gardean decided to do something. He began generating electricity between his hands, and then jumped out unexpectedly from his hiding spot, throwing out a thunderbolt from his hands at the Scyther.

Chris gave a pretty believable-looking smile and shrugged, faking nonchalance. This was crucial, to have him distracted for even a moment. One backpack strap slid slightly lower off her shoulder.
"No creature. Singular. That implies one on one. A swarm? I'm sure that didn't count well trained fire and ice types. You're not taking into account Not you being ripped apart by four, five Pokemon, and easily more than that. And, ghost Pokemon, while you wouldn't immediately benefit from helping me, y-"
Stopping abruptly in mid-sentence, Chris suddenly ripped the backpack off and swung it with both hands, aiming the hardest blow possible at the Scyther's head and upper body. With the heavy, folded-up bicycle inside, it was sure to do some damage. A moment afterwards, there was a loud crack and a flash of light. Some kind of electric attack. Chris instinctively flung herself backwards to avoid it and rolled a few feet away, ending up slightly closer to Gardean.
Thank you, whatever your name is..

A commotion a short distance away made Jade jump in surprise. She glanced up to see a Scyther attacking a human, a...something, attacking the Scyther, and a Ghost Pokemon being cynical and threatening to attack the human's help.

She sighed. It would certainly suck to be a ghost. No one would be able to see her, she wouldn't be able to touch anything without going through it, she wouldn't be able to feel. Being a ghost Pokemon would be different; at least then she'd be able to be seenand to feel things...

...Jade realized she was getting sidetracked, and turned her focus back to the skirmish.

Lev really wanted to do something. Unfortunately, he was gripped by the fear of the Scyther ripping him to shreds, seeing as how he'd almost never battled before.

After Chris tried to strike the Scyther, it was struck by a bolt of electricity.

Lev felt energy welling up inside of him when this happened. Curious, he focused on the Scyther. An electric spark arced out of Lev's body and zapped the Scyther, adding to the electric strike coming from an unknown source.

[Oh yeah, sure, gang up on the badass]

The Scyther was about to say something, but then suddenly he felt sharp pain. He should have paid more attention- He knew from experience that cornered beasts fought the hardest. The force of the unexpected blow sent the Scyther falling to the ground- By pure dumb luck both electric attacks sailed where the creature was no longer standing. As the Scyther picked himself up off the ground, he gave an all around hiss, blades out as he constantly turned to face all the enemies.

"Blindly leaping into battle against an unknown adversary is the height of foolishness." As he spoke this, the Scyther jumped into the air. As he leaped, wings started beating rapidly... And then he rushed into the cover of the trees. There he remained a moment, until at lightning speed he came in, blades lowered to strike all in his path. He never landed after this, and instead flew back into the trees.

His enemies could pursue him if they wished. But they'd have to risk going into a type of enviroment that the creature was born and raised in.

Chris didn't expect the Scyther to just leave like that. She thought he would have attacked again, not that she was complaining. Then he suddenly reappeared, slashed at herself and the Pokemon, and left, apparently for good. She was safe.
There was a long rip in her hoodie sleeve from her wrist to elbow across her arm, and underneath was a rather deep gash. Bleeding. A lot. Chris started feeling a bit queasy at the sight of blood. Maybe it would need stitches. She'd know at the hospital.
..Except she didn't know where that was. She was very far from her house. And she didn't want to leave, when she was so close to the stone tree. It had been important.. for saving the world. She wasn't sure she entirely believed that, still, but..
In the meantime, she dug an extra tee-shirt out of her backpack and began tying it around her arm as a makeshift bandage until she figured out what to do and where to go now.
Chris glanced around at Lev and the Gardevoir. They had tried to help, when that ghost (Probably another Pokemon) hadn't.
"Thank you, both of you..", she started, then smiled nervously and tried to joke, still a bit shocked by what had just happened.
"But next time I come here, I'm bringing a shotgun."

Last edited:
Vita strolled aimlessly in the forest. An orange lizard walked beside her, holding his flaming tail in front of him and using it like a flashlight while carefully not to light the whole forest ablaze. "It's a nice night, isn't it..." Vita muttered, mostly to herself.

"Yup," her charmeleon replied. The two walked on, the trainer still not noticing that her pokemon had just spoken to her.

The night was calm and normal, just like the nights in Hoenn. It definitely did not seem like the world was about to end or needs saving... Then, there was an sound, a rustling of sorts, followed by some shouting -- Vita couldn't make out the words -- and more rustling. It came from the great stone tree. Something was going on.

Without thinking, Vita broke into a run towards the noise. Her charmeleon quickly caught up. "What do you think you're doing? Running straight into possible danger?" the lizard asked, a bit annoyed while still trying to prevent burning anything with the flame on his tail.

"Someone might... wait..." The girl slowed down to a jog, then stopped. "Since when did you learn how to speak?"

Before the orange lizard could answer her question, a figure burst through the trees, heading straight toward the trainer and her charmeleon. It was roughly taller than the charmeleon, covered with green armor, and had a pair of wicked scythes gleaming in the moonlight. A scyther... And it came from the source commotion, the stone tree.

"Flamethrower!" Vita snapped without thinking, and the charmeleon obeyed. Opening his mouth, he let out a gush of red-yellow flames straight at the speeding scyther.

Storm looked lazily at the Scyther as he passed, and got up again. She needed something to amuse her, instead of just waiting for.. for what, exactly? There was a group of humans a few lengths off, why not go scare them, or something..? She started to pad towards them, looking casually at the tree and at them again.

Faelynn just watched, amused by the sudden ganging up on the predator. "Oh well. He seems to be fleeing. How sad." she remarked callously, drifting out of the way when he zoomed back... and then into the trees again. Watching others expend that sort of energy made her feel quite lazy. "Now, I wonder why such a large and assorted group would be gathering in such an isolated place? Is this a new tourist spot?" Her voice mocking, she floated a bit closer. "Human, you should wash that wound." Again, an arm extended, a tiny ball of ice gathering in front of it. The delicate orb was rounded out as her fingertips skimmed over it, and once it was perfect, she held it in one hand. "This is fragile enough that it'll melt, and it's pure. You can wash it with this." Yet, the Ghost-type made no move to actually give it to her, simply holding it possessively and examining it, as if looking for flaws.

(Lame post is lame.)

The Scyther was doing anything but fleeing. Standing to fight out in the open amid so many hostiles was foolish- So it was staying to pick them off from the cover of the trees. As it flew, the creature turned its head to watch for an opening from which to strike... And then flames engulfed it. The creature suppressed a cry of pain and barely managed to land, after which it spun to face this newest threat.

"Perhaps your survival instincts are faulty, humans... Most creatures would not throw themselves into my path." And with this, he turned his head to glare at the flame lizard, contempt in his eyes. "A mighty beast of the flame is but a slave to the whims of these creatures? Mayhaps when your master falls you will realize your error." As he spoke, the Scyther charged, blades outstretched. He ran on foot, but that did little to harm his agility- The forest killer leaped over the Charmeleon, and aimed for the human behind. While normally in a situation such as this he would have fled, hunger and combat instincts drove the killing machine, driving blades to seek a target upon which he could feast.

As the blast of flame engulfing the scyther faded, Vita couldn't help but grin secretly. Bugs are naturally weak against fire, her special element. There's no way that the scyther could leave unscathed... Yet the scyther had managed to remain on its feet, albeit smoking a bit. It was strange that the bug type had not fainted from the intense flamethrower, not to mention managing to stay so lively after a direct hit. It must be quite powerful...

The scyther turned and glared at the charmeleon, who was swinging his tail back and fourth lazily, and spoke. Vita realized that, somehow, she could understand what the praying mantis was saying. It taunted charmeleon, then, before Vita could realize what was going on, charged straight at her with its deadly scythes raised up high.

Vita swore and ducked instinctively, but she was too slow -- the wicked blade had sliced across her left shoulder, cutting her backpack strap clean in half and leaving a deep wound on her shoulder. Vita dropped to the ground, her other hand already reaching for a pokeball -- "Magcargo, go!"

In a flash of white light, a large snail-like creature materialized on the ground. The grass and twigs around its body instantly sizzled and turned to dust from the intense heat.

Desperate times calls for desperate measures, or the saying goes. It might not seem fair to some pokemon rights activists, but it was life -- Vita had learned from harsh experience that there's no such thing as 'fair' in wild battles. Especially if the pokemon fighting you was trying to kill you.

Back
Top Bottom