• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Question Box

Do you need an OK from the other battler to end an old fight in a draw, or can an exception be made for people who haven't been online in ages?

It's really elegant for two, three and four Pokemon. 0.75, 0.6 and 0.5, I believe. I can't imagine that you have a move spread between more than that very often.

It's really elegant for two, three and four Pokemon. 0.75, 0.6 and 0.5, I believe. I can't imagine that you have a move spread between more than that very often.

I doubt you'd ever even end up targeting more than three. Moves that target the entire battlefield (allies and foes alike) aren't subject to this rule.

Spreading a move out across Double Team clones does tend to increase the amount of targets manyfold, though...

If a ghost-type Snatches Curse from a non-ghost-type, does it use the ghost version of the move or the regular version?

Presumably for exactly this reason. :P

But yeah, Snatchable moves are given the "Snatchable" category now. I've edited Snatch's description to mention that.

Is pokemon-produced poison still treated as inflammable? It makes sense for the sludge-type moves, and poisonpowder can probably be incinerated as easily as any other status powder, but most other poisons don't really invoke toxic chemical waste.

Is pokemon-produced poison still treated as inflammable? It makes sense for the sludge-type moves, and poisonpowder can probably be incinerated as easily as any other status powder, but most other poisons don't really invoke toxic chemical waste.
Procedence matters. Just about any poison from a Grimer ought to be flammable, but the same likely doesn't hold true of a regular Pokémon's Toxic. Most run-of-the-mill organic poison shouldn't be flammable, for what it's worth.

Acids are aqueous solutions (stuff dissolved in water) so they're the least likely to be inflammable just from name. Though they also don't tend to look like any pokemon acid so pokemon might just be producing some weird fluid that happens to have, as one of its properties, a caustic effect.

Why do mist and haze have three actions of duration rather than five? Granted ingame haze has an instantaneous effect so it can be whatever, but mist lasts five turns there.

When I updated move categories, I didn't think to tag Pain Split as healing. I'm guessing it should count, but should it count as direct or indirect?

When I updated move categories, I didn't think to tag Pain Split as healing. I'm guessing it should count, but should it count as direct or indirect?

Indirect; I think direct should be defined just as "50% recovery moves, Healing Wish, and Rest."

Hmmm, I'm not so sure, though. Pain Split can heal a whole bunch at once, which is really what people are aiming for when they ban direct healing moves. It would kind of suck to ban direct healing moves and then have your opponent pull out Pain Split when you just didn't think of it.

Last edited:
In addition to Meursault's definition, direct recovery heals without doing damage. Pain split needs to damage to heal, so I'd put it under indirect.
Pain split is hard to use to recover a bunch, I find? But even so I do see your point, so hm. Well it's never going to heal as much as direct recovery, so maybe it's alright to leave as it is? Iii dunno normally I'd say just ban it in battles except the point is that the battler might forget it's /not/ a direct recovery

Back
Top Bottom