• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Types Advantages and Disadvantages

The only one worth mentioning I haven't seen brought up here is Fighting's ineffectiveness against Poison; it makes sense for the few pure Poison types, namely those which are amorphous pollution beasts (Muk), since it would be difficult for something relying on straight-out physical strikes to harm an opponent lacking a properly defined body structure, but for the larger majority that are merely creatures which contain poison in them (all those poisonous bugs and plants) it doesn't ring quite right.

Well, electricity is conducted by steel, so, why isn't electric super effective like it is on water? Though, fun part with dragon type, super effective against one thing, not very effective against one thing. A good dragon pokemon could take a lot of things out. Another thing, most dragons are thought to fly as well, and ice could do the same thing to dragons as it does to birds. Considering if I am correct, birds are warm blooded and are still effected by ice.

Here's what I know.

Fighting<Normal:
Darksong said:
it's like battling someone who knows martial arts when you don't; you have a clear disadvantage.

Electric>Water:Water conducts electricity, the same way living things do.

Ground>Electric: Since they're made from earth and stuff, their bodies act as the earth wire in a circuit.

Ice>Flying: Freezing weighs them down significantly.

Ice>Ground: Frost-shatter weathering. Continuous freeze-thaw wears the rock down, crumbling it.

Steel/Fighting>Ice: These two can break through ice easily, and any freezing does nothing back.

Steel=Electric: Their outer shell serves as the earth wire as well as the live, so the energy just runs through.

Ice>Dragon: Reptiles are cold-blooded. A slight cold breeze can slow them down, so imagine a blizzard.

Bug=/=Fighting: Bugs have an exoskeleton which dissipates the force throughout their body. However they can't defend themselves properly against fighting-types due to the same exoskeleton.

Bug>Dark: To clarify, Dark as a type is defined as heinous, evil or cruel. Not the absence of light, hence the Sucker Punch. It's hard confusing something with compound eyes and/or an ability to sense heat.

Ghost/Psychic>Fighting: Fighting types probably have a sort of chi which runs through their bodies. Disrupting it severely weakens the body.

Electric=/=Grass: Their bodies are sort of reliant on the ground, and electricity always wants the fastest way to earth. So it passes through the body via the earth around their skin towards the ground.

Water=/=Steel: Commonsense; throw a bucket of water on a piece of metal. What happens? This also goes for Poison-types; throw a bucket of venom on it.

Fight>Dark: Think of a guy who injected steroids into his system against a guy who's been training all his natural life.

Rock>Flying: Throw a rock at a bird.

Fight>Dark: Think of a guy who injected steroids into his system against a guy who's been training all his natural life.
Dark>Psychic: Cheap tricks would likely throw off one's concentration, wouldn't they?

Now, about the quote: now that makes me confused about something: Dark>Ghost. Do mischievous Ghost-types get out-tricked by Dark-types? Or are Ghost-types weak against Dark because Dark-types are more of Magnificent Bastards?

Oh and Dark's immunity to Psychic raises questions as well. Does an evil mind block psychic powers?

Last edited:
One thing I don't get, why is grass weak to flying? I think grass has enough weaknesses without having to be weak to flying as well. Also, why is ghost supereffective against ghost yet normal isn't super effective against normal?

One thing I don't get, why is grass weak to flying? I think grass has enough weaknesses without having to be weak to flying as well. Also, why is ghost supereffective against ghost yet normal isn't super effective against normal?

My guess is that birds eat seeds, and seeds grow into plants. That's as close as I can get.

A question of my own, what makes types effective against themselves, like Dragon>Dragon. It doesn't make any sense to me.

Only thing that comes to mind for dragon>dragon, well, maybe besides ice, dragons are the only things that can beat another dragon

I'm guessing Electric fails on Grass because plants ground the electricity. In fact, I remember seeing this in a pokemon episode over 8 years ago, i'm pretty sure it was Pikachu vs Bellsprout.

Zoltea said:
Because birds nest in trees and eat the fruit + foliage of various plants, the same as bug > grass.

Ghosts are both spectral, (which makes no sense), but I think it it just seems right.

What confuses me is Fighting > Steel..
If you punched metal, it would hurt like fuck. xD

Well, think of it this way.... trained martial artists can break through just about anything.
Yeah, but.. it's steel!
And not just thin sheets of steel, thick, solid blocks of steel! ,xD

If anyone out there can leave a big enough dent in a solid block of steel, (big enough dent to call it "Super Effective!") without suffering serious bodily damage, i'd like to see. ,xD

I mean like a solid 15x15" block of steel.

By the way, fighting effects steel about as well as ground, XD.

15x15"....that's a hard one... *tries* *breaks paw* ouch, O_o

Why is Ice strong against Rock?

Why is fighting strong against Dark?

Why isn't Fire strong against Rock?

Why is Grass everyone's Bitch?

Why is Poison so lame?

A lot of things dont make sense....im hoping someone can explain :(

That type of weathering which involves ice getting into cracks and breaking the rock open (No idea of the technical name) is my guess.

I guess it's something to do with fighting evil or something.

I do see where you're coming from, but rock takes a loooong time to melt.

Why is Grass everyone's Bitch?

Why is Poison so lame?

A lot of things dont make sense....im hoping someone can explain :(

It isn't, it's the other way around...

Back
Top Bottom