• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Japan... kinda sucks!

Among these fears was that somehow, this radiation that had been infused into the lands of Nagasaki and Hiroshima would somehow spawn huge monsters with grudges against all civilization in general, and Tokyo in particular. Some man eventually managed to sell this idea on the silver screen, and created one of the most iconic monsters of the modern age.

I just....don't know how to respond to this big pile of inaccuracy. Then again, not everyone is a Godzilla-otaku, so maybe a brief history lesson should be in order.

Ishiro Honda had to quickly create a film for Toho because another film had been canceled, so a new one was needed to replace it. Sometime before that, a Japanese ship called the Lucky Dragon strayed to close to a nuclear testing site. The crew was not blown up, but instead died an agonizing death from radiation poisoning. While on an airplane, one of the writers was inspired by this event and two movies: The Beast From 20,000 Fathoms and King Kong. Honda wanted to capture the devastation of a nuclear attack, except much more slowly, because he was shocked by the actual destruction the nuclear bomb caused.

Perhaps the fact that the Indigenous Aboriginals were not recognised as anything other than 'fauna' until somewhere in the seventies? Hello, Stolen Generation? 17 year life expectancy gap between Aboriginal and Caucasian people?
how could you not know this. what the hell do you think all the apology bizzo was last year?
this

also

shit like this

okay, so no-one's really got it perfect. hell, even britain, arguably one of the most multicultural nations in the world, still has problems.

but still, don't get up on your high horse about racism, yes?

Perhaps the fact that the Indigenous Aboriginals were not recognised as anything other than 'fauna' until somewhere in the seventies? Hello, Stolen Generation? 17 year life expectancy gap between Aboriginal and Caucasian people?
how could you not know this. what the hell do you think all the apology bizzo was last year?
One of the mandatory sections on my course, according to the syllabus, is Aboriginal Culture. I've had it tuesday afternoons for the past few months.

I blame the UK for what happened to the aboriginal people here, and I put "I believe the UK should be appologizing to them, not us" in my speech.

The thing about that is, I don't think we should apologize, the stereotypical aboriginals are just using it as an excuse to dig money in order to fuel their alcoholic tendencies. The good aboriginal people I know have forgave and moved on, they work hard and they're respectable.

..and then consider all the free shit and benefits the aboriginal people get over us, in that sorry day speech the government went on about "fairness" and "equality", which I find to be a total load of bullshit...

If anything, I think our country is too nice.

Yeah and I'm goddamn glad we aren't. it's bad enough we're still in the Middle East ffs
Don't worry, we'll float away from them eventually~
itt: felidire makes a bigger ass of himself
lol, keep your mouth shut little dude. <3
And my personal favourite.

This doesn't seem that outrageous at all... I mean, we as the US tried to build a fence to keep out Mexicans.

Really, the Japanese might have a racist trend, but in the US we are both Racist AND Hypocritical...

This is why I wish the US would just break up into smaller countries, then my National Identity wouldn't be condemned by the loudest of idiots (AKA, the people that foreign media pays the most attention to).

Did Australia actually get to bomb them back? I don't think we're the type to bomb anyone. In either case, i'm really glad you guys nuked them.

By "we" of course I meant the Allied powers as a whole, of which Australia was one. I think the atom bombs were sufficient payback for more than just Pearl Harbor, at any rate.

By "we" of course I meant the Allied powers as a whole, of which Australia was one. I think the atom bombs were sufficient payback for more than just Pearl Harbor, at any rate.

I gotta agree with you there, but I'll just point out thatfirebombing caused more initial damage, including loss of life, than either of the atomic bombings. In the long run, atomic bombs are more dangerous, and definately far more intimidating, than firebombing, but that tidbit may be worth noting.

Well they got a sufficient warning, but as per usual they chose to disregard the life of their own people. Not only did the A-bomb save a lot of our lives, it also scared the shit out of them (which is an added bonus, lmao).

dude, felidire: please stop sucking so much. :|

EDIT: just so this is relevant. a) the whole bombing hiroshima thing was horrible, we should have never done that. b) we shouldn't hate japan now for bombing us way back when, the people that did that are all dead. totally different people are in control now. also, you can still enjoy a country's culture without liking its politics.

This doesn't seem that outrageous at all... I mean, we as the US tried to build a fence to keep out Mexicans.

Illegal immigrants, not people who wanted to come in legally. As far as I'm aware, we are not paying legal immigrants here to leave and never come back, nor preventing them or their children from ever coming back of applying for work visas. There is a 'vast minority' of Americans that are truly, disgustingly racist, and we all know it's disgusting. However, Japan's own government is doing this.

Really, the Japanese might have a racist trend, but in the US we are both Racist AND Hypocritical...

I'm certain that the more you learn about any country, the more you find its faults. You live in the USA, so you are constantly exposed to its flaws. I'm certain that if you lived in Japan, you'd be saying the same thing.

This is why I wish the US would just break up into smaller countries, then my National Identity wouldn't be condemned by the loudest of idiots (AKA, the people that foreign media pays the most attention to).

I don't want us to break into smaller countries. What if they wage war on another part of the US? At least in the USA, I can feel safe that Georgia won't invade my state.

I love this idea that if the US ever split suddenly all the states would immediately launch into invading each other. Absolutely no faith.

Something like half of the states couldn't actually survive on their own anyhow. It'd probably come down to groups of states.

Off topic, a bit?

Awww, I was half-expecting an Hetalia reference, but meh. XDD

But yeah, the Japanese are xenophobic. There's nothing too surprising here, guys. |: I don't see why you have to make such a big deal about it, since I don't really think that Japan's change in policy will really affect any other country but themselves.

dude, felidire: please stop sucking so much. :|

EDIT: just so this is relevant. a) the whole bombing hiroshima thing was horrible, we should have never done that. b) we shouldn't hate japan now for bombing us way back when, the people that did that are all dead. totally different people are in control now. also, you can still enjoy a country's culture without liking its politics.
Make me.. and it was the right thing to do, otherwise we'd have just been sending more and more people to their deaths, resulting at an excess of about 2 million dead (on our side alone). The japanese would have lost people either way. On balance, more lives were saved than were lost.

You know the aboriginal people of Australia are doing exactly that? everyone that treated them like shit before, is dead, but they still demand an apology and money. (and they got both..) ><;

You know the aboriginal people of Australia are doing exactly that? everyone that treated them like shit before, is dead, but they still demand an apology and money. (and they got both..) ><;

For someone taking Aboriginal Culture you sure know how to stereotype an entire ethnic population. :|

fyi to everyone else: this is not how it is.

Last edited:
I love the way you wrote that..
I don't think we should apologize, the stereotypical aboriginals are just using it as an excuse to dig money in order to fuel their alcoholic tendencies. The good aboriginal people I know have forgave and moved on, they work hard and they're respectable.
The stereotypical ones (meaning the drunken, wife-beating aboriginals who don't buy their children clothes or food). Yes this is how it is, and every family member in this household agrees with me that everyone else (other countries) should know.

I'm pretty sure they make out that we're horrible to them and treat them louzy - when they have more lifestyle benefits than any white person in this country..

I'm not saying they're all like this, there are nice aboriginals (who work hard, joke around and care about others). But they're decent people.. and they weren't the ones demanding an apology, along with $20,000.

Awww, I was half-expecting an Hetalia reference, but meh. XDD

"America? ... What's with all the children?"

"DAMMIT FLORIDA QUIT TRYING TO STAB ARIZONA - they split on me. I... suddenly feel less awesome."

Um, you realise that a lot of that shit continued fairly blatantly into the 1960s, right, and I don't know what world you're living in if nobody lives past fifty. I don't even know much about Australia and there's still really obvious race problems.
"America? ... What's with all the children?"

"DAMMIT FLORIDA QUIT TRYING TO STAB ARIZONA - they split on me. I... suddenly feel less awesome."
Ambulatory glasses. That is all.

Also DC would be so fucked. Maybe Maryland and Virginia would adopt her. (DC's like the violent angry daughter who votes Democrat always just to piss people off.)

I love the way you wrote that..The stereotypical ones (meaning the drunken, wife-beating aboriginals who don't buy their children clothes or food). Yes this is how it is, and every family member in this household agrees with me that everyone else (other countries) should know.

I'm pretty sure they make out that we're horrible to them and treat them louzy - when they have more lifestyle benefits than any white person in this country..

I'm not saying they're all like this, there are nice aboriginals (who work hard, joke around and care about others). But they're decent people.. and they weren't the ones demanding an apology, along with $20,000.

That says more about your family than it does the situation, really.

Honestly, if they like whale so much, then why don't they build a whale-breeding-farm and kill them in the most non-painful way possible? Sailing around harpooning things (to me) is the same as blood sports.

Whale farm. Whale farm. Whales, who are pretty much the biggest motherfuckers this side of the dinosaurs. If you find a way to make a whale farm that does not take up the entirety of the ocean I will invest every cent of my life's savings into it.

Anyway, back on the more lulzy subtopic

If the states did split up for some reason they probably would almost immediantly launch into war. 'Ole Abe got us through a very simalar situation a ways back.

Back
Top Bottom