• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

D/P/Pt My not-so-average-in-a-bad-way team

Zulo

Pronoun
he
So yeah, this is my team. It's not very good I don't think, and none of them have been specifically IV/EV trained, so I'll just post the stats instead. I usually focus more on leveling than IV/EV training, and have like a box full of level 100s =) Even though I don't play that much.

This is my team in the order I will likely play them. I have underlined the parts I think need to be changed.

003venusaur.png

Item: Heat Rock
Ability: Overgrow
Nature: Lax
Stats: Att. 212, Def. 236, Sp. Att. 231, Sp. Def. 190, Spd. 257, HP 281
Moves: SolarBeam, Synthesis, Sunny Day, Sludge Bomb

I usually throw him into battle first and use Sunny Day, which will last for extra time with the Heat Rock to prepare for my (possibly) next 2 pokemon. It also boosts his Solarbeam and Synthesis. Sludge Bomb is just there for another attacking move of a different type.

The next one is either of the following, depending on the pokemon out at the time:

357tropius.png

Item: Meadow Plate
Ability: Chlorophyll
Nature: Rash
Stats: Att. 193, Def. 195, Sp. Att. 195, Sp. Def. 168, Spd. 163, HP 316
Moves: SolarBeam, Razor Leaf, Body Slam, Aerial Ace
I am probably going to replace this one, with it's low stats from the GTS and being a second grass type. I just like it because it's shiny =)

467magmortar.png

Item: Charcoal...
Ability: Flame Body
Nature: Relaxed
Stats: Att. 197, Def. 155, Sp. Att. 286, Sp. Def. 204, Spd. 161, HP 275
Moves: Flamethrower, Sunny Day, Fire Blast, Hyper Beam
This is the other option to throw in after Venusaur. It's fire type can counter ice-types that might have taken Venusaur down, but I still think it needs better moves.

475gallade.png

Item: Expert Belt
Ability: Steadfast
Nature: Adamant
Stats: Att. 337, Def. 174, Sp. Att. 141, Sp. Def. 253, Spd. 176, HP 255
Moves: X-Scissor, Psycho Cut, Leaf Blade, Brick Break

Standard Sweeper (well, maybe not standard, but a sweeper nonetheless). I made sure to use only physical moves!

149dragonite.png

Item: Zoom Lens
Ability: Inner Focus
Nature: Quirky
Stats: Att. 323, Def. 238, Sp. Att. 230, Sp. Def. 223, Spd. 209, HP 322
Moves: Earthquake, Dragon Rush, Aqua Tail, Outrage

I'm running out of time, so this one doesn't get a description.

448lucario.png

Item: King's Rock
Ability: Steadfast
Nature: Timid
Stats: Att. 216, Def. 201, Sp. Att. 269, Sp. Def. 170, Spd. 229, HP 268
Moves: Me First, ExtremeSpeed, Aura Sphere, Dragon Pulse

I also have the following which I think might be interchangable:

Milotic: Double Team, Agua Ring, Ice Beam, Surf @ Leftovers

We kinda need to know what you want to use it for. Competitive/In-game/Frontier, which ever area you focus on.

Venusaur looks alright, tropicus is kinda hard because you need to focus on either physical or special, and after you decide that you might have to breed for certain moves.

Magmortar: Replace Flamethrower, Sunny Day, Hyper Beam - with - Thunderbolt, Focus Blast, you can put Confuse Ray, Fire Spin, or Psychic in the last slot.

Gallade should work fine, but i'd choice scarf it if you're planning on doing competitive battling.

Dragonite: I'd replace Dragon rush with Dragon Dance - then it should be set.

Lucario: I'd replace Me First, with Vacuum Wave; Extremespeed, with Shadow Ball. You could Replace Dragon Pulse with Earthquake/Bone Rush/Stone Edge if you like.

Switch Tropicus with Milotic, and replace Double Team on Milotic, with Recover.

It's for competitive-ish battling. Like, among my friends who have good teams, but aren't IV trained or anything. In other words, Crystal League material.

And I'll try something along those lines- but adjust it a bit to my battling style (Like flamethrower over fire blast because of accuracy...)

Back
Top Bottom