• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Club Nintendo shutting down

Murkrow

Says "also" and "or something" a lot
Pronoun
he
I was saving stars to spend too, not that any of the prizes were any good any more. I guess I can buy wii points and use them to buy VC games. I was going to get Majora's Mask but since that's getting a 3D remake, I might get Mario 64 instead.

Nintendo reports it'll be offering a bunch of physical rewards and downloadable games in February (at least for U.S. members, but presumably worldwide). So hang on to those Coins/Stars for a bit.

I was upset about this, but at least they're doing a blowout sale. There are a few rewards I've been waiting for to pop back up..

I just registered all of the codes I had left. I only have about 2000 stars, so I doubt I'll be able to afford any decent rewards. So yeah, I'll probably go with Wii shop money.

WHAT? They are shutting down? I have around 400 coins or so. What is the reasoning behind this? Just wow. I was saving for a Mario Bros T-shirt and it is worth 550 coins.:(

Oh really. I wonder what it is this time? I forget what it was before Club Nintendo but it was called something else before they changed the name.:)

The February rewards are up (although the site is down "for maintenance" as I type this), and Nintendo has certainly delivered! Over 100 games (most Virtual Console, but a few are downloadable retail games) and a decent selection of physical goodies to drop your Coins/Stars on.

Doesn't look like they've added anything new to the European store yet :(

Also it's lucky that Majora's Mask is coming out this month since that means I'll be getting a few more stars before they stop accepting codes.

Doesn't look like they've added anything new to the European store yet :(

Also it's lucky that Majora's Mask is coming out this month since that means I'll be getting a few more stars before they stop accepting codes.

I don't know about the EU, but in NA any games released after 1/20 don't have Club Nintendo codes.

I honestly have no idea what half of this stuff is (well like, I do, but like... I don't). Anyone wanna educate me on the best games to drop my 645 coins on? :p Right now I'm looking at A Link to the Past and Majora's Mask, but ??? hey does my Omega Ruby count for coins maybe I'd have enough for 3 good games

edit: I see a little Club Nintendo thing peeking through the plastic, yay! also I don't have a Wii U

Buy a T shirt with that. They are last I checked 550 coins at least and higher for better stuff.:)

guys guys pls advise. I still don't know what to get with my coins! Should I get Super Mario 3D Land, or NSMB2, or try to scrape up the extra coins for Kid Icarus (I have 3 days to do this), or should I get Majora's Mask and some random other cheap stuff?? I have no idea what games are good anymore man

guys guys pls advise. I still don't know what to get with my coins! Should I get Super Mario 3D Land, or NSMB2, or try to scrape up the extra coins for Kid Icarus (I have 3 days to do this), or should I get Majora's Mask and some random other cheap stuff?? I have no idea what games are good anymore man

Super Mario 3D Land is a solid game. I mean, it's Mario. 'Nuff said.

NSMB2 is the one I'd least recommend. I mean, it is Mario, again, but all of the New Super Mario Bros. games play the same, and I'd say that NSMB2 is the weakest of them. Recommended only if you REALLY like 2D Mario games, or if you really want to play a New Super Mario Bros. game and can't play the other ones for whatever reason. Or if you're like a Mr. Krabs level money fetishist.

Kid Icarus Uprising is the one I'd most recommend the most. It's not only really fun, but it also has some stellar writing. Overall a great game - only problem is if you feel you can get enough coins in time. (Also worth noting are the controls. Some people think they're godawful, some people think they're great. I've particularly heard complaints form left-handed players, so if you're left-handed then keep that in mind I guess. Also I'm assuming you mean Uprising and not like the NES one right.)

Majora's Mask is another fantastic game. If you like Zelda games a lot, then I'd definitely recommend it. If you don't like Zelda games that much, then I'd still recommend giving it a shot maybe. (I'm assuming you haven't played it before if you're putting it on the list. Or at least that you wouldn't mind playing it again.)

TL;DR:
If you really like Zelda/Mario games, get 3D Land/Majora's Mask.

If you don't like those series that much, or want to try something different, get KI:U.

If you feel you can't get enough coins in time, or are worried about the controls or something, get Majora's Mask/3D Land depending on which series you like better.

Probably don't get NSMB2 (unless you love 2D Mario games and/or money).

Wow thanks for the detailed reply! c: I actually am left-handed and don't have one of those handy circle pad pro things; I kind of vaguely remember considering getting the game a few years back and then not because of something to do with that. And yeah, I totally meant Uprising.

I guess I'll probably go with 3D Land and maybe someday get the 3DS version of Majora's Mask. Thanks for helping!

club nintendo australia doesn't seem to have done anything with the stars catalogue to make redeeming my stars actually worth anything. right now i can get the same crap that's always in club nintendo (a Wii remote holder, a nintendo DS (not 3DS) game card holder) with the thrilling additions of two ringtones and some digital wallpapers that I could probably find if I googled hard enough.

thanks nintendo of australia! at least you're consistent.

Club Nintendo here recently added a bunch of VC games for download but the only ones I can afford (Super Mario Land, Link's Awakening), I already own :c

Looks like I'll have to continue with my plan to buy wii points and buy some N64 game there.

I finally decided on 3D Land, but I keep getting errors whenever I try to redeem my coins. Why is their site so bad >:(

edit: apparently Club Nintendo hates either Chrome or my cookies/cache on Chrome or something, because it worked on Firefox. At least I can play now!

Last edited:
Guys use your coins on stuff you cannot but anywhere else like clothing greeting cards or anything not related to the games themselves unless you can't get those items. I used mine on greeting cards and beware when you order it will say your item will arrive in 2-5 months. It is actually 2-5 days.:)

Back
Top Bottom