• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Question Box

Try again? I just pushed a fix. Hopefully.

The whole battle schema needs a looooot of work, eheheh. I kind of rushed to have it good enough to go before we launched.

When contests start up, I know that the head judge must be a referee, but do the secondary judges also have to be referees? I seem to recall that they didn't have to be, but I don't know if that's been changed now.

Unless anything about their role changes (which is extremely unlikely) secondary judges still won't need to be referees.

fwiw it totally lightened the workload substantially when bluzzy and mimi and I divided up the work on our division of the metronome contest. technically this still doesn't require refs but the reffing skills ate obviously helpful on that front.

If I post a reffing past the DQ time, but still within a week, should I still claim the bonus?

That would make the convention that refs can pretty much ignore <7 day DQ times. That is practically how things worked before anyway so I don't see a problem with sort of... officially sanctioning that... and I'm always for things that can get me more money. (In that case, with the tournament battles that apparently have an actual strict <7 day DQ time, the bonus should not apply in your situation; however, in regular battles it generally would.)

more importantly word of the law y/y

allie asber is a common law jurisdiction

there is an interesting question to be had about whether the bonus should be pegged to specifically 7 days, though, or whatever dq time the battlers agreed on. after all, the important thing is that expectations are being met, and it's not like we actually have an economy that such a thing actually matters ...

Do multiple-target moves do less damage when they're actually targetting multiple? (That's how it works in the games; 0.75×, iirc.)

Part of me thinks it would make sense to do that with moves that target multiple opponents but not moves that target all other Pokémon. idk.

The one-week bonus applies regardless of actual DQ time.

ETA: Negrek hasn't ever dropped an official ruling in that regard; myself, I do apply a x0.75 penatly to moves that land against multiple targets, although I sometimes vary the multiplier depending on the circumstances. I'm not sure that I'd make that the League standard, but folks can go with that in doubt.

ETA 2: Editic Boogaloo:
neg did. I believe it's 3/(# targets + 2) but it's in the second (?) post of the A&A guide if you want to check.
Multiple: This attack can affect several pokémon, either allies or enemies. The base power of these attacks is usually reduced based on the number of pokémon it is used used to strike, for while these attacks are easily spread out, they usually pack less power when used in such a manner. The new base power of a spread attack can be found by multiplying the base power by 3 / (2 + X), where X is the number of targets.
I stand corrected. The A&A also applies no multiple target penatly to attacks that hit all adjancent Pokémon rather than just multiple opponents, just as Zhorken figured would make sense. (Also, Negrek's given formula would still give x0.75 against two targets...)

Last edited:
Male and female Meowstic have different pages, and both list themselves as being both male and female. It's not entirely wrong, but it's kind of counterintuitive and I thought I should point it out.

Back
Top Bottom