• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

blazheirio889 vs Lilycolo

TruetoCheese

Be Bold (+Def, -Atk)
[size=+2]blazheirio889 vs Lilycolo[/size]

2vs2 Single
Style: Switch
DQ: One week
Damage Cap: 40%
Banned Moves: None
Terrain: ASB Central Stadium

Although designed to be a state-of-the-art battling facility and located at the very heart of ASB Central's battle district, ASB Central Stadium actually sees very little use. Most battlers prefer the infinite variety of the holodrome's simulated arenas to the basic, if impressive, stadium field, and official tournaments tend to feature tours of other regions rather than a homefield brawl. There is one advantage to the stadium, though--its proximity to the holodrome grants it access to a full range of simulation options, allowing trainers to trick out their team to whatever extent they like before battling.

There's nothing much to say about the battlefield: it's a large, rectangular arena covered in astroturf. A circular pool will open in its center if a Pokémon requiring water to move around in is sent out. In this arena, Pokémon can summon absolutely anything they need for their attacks: tidal waves, boulders, and so on are in ready supply.

Other: This battle takes place between a referee and one other member. The referee will use their own team of Pokémon, but the other battler may choose either to use their own team OR choose any six nonlegendary Pokémon with any items and abilities to use for this fight. In the former case, their Pokémon gain experience as normal. In the latter case, they may choose to apply the experience earned by their rental Pokémon, minus one point, to their team in any manner that they choose.

The prizes for this battle are $20 to the winner, $10 to the loser, and $15 to the referee. This battle does not fill a battle slot for the mentoring referee.

blazheirio889's active squad

gardevoir Eledancia the female Gardevoir <Trace> @ Leftovers
cradily Phalanx the male Cradily <Suction Cups> @ Big Root
togepi Mercury the male Togepi <Serene Grace> @ Soothe Bell
anorith Adamantite the male Anorith <Battle Armor> @ Lucky Egg
joltik Acharide the male Joltik <Compound Eyes> @ Lucky Egg
zorua Kreskin the male Zorua <Illusion> @ Lucky Egg
mienfoo Meihua the female Mienfoo <Inner Focus>
whismur Brainfart the female Whismur <Soundproof> @ Lucky Egg
honedge Palladion the male Honedge <No Guard> @ Lucky Egg
amaura Ouranos the male Amaura <Refrigerate>

Lilycolo's active squad

combee Bumblethree the female Combee <Honey Gather>
poochyena 闇 (Yami) the male Poochyena <Quick Feet>
cyndaquil Cynderella the female Cyndaquil <Blaze> @ Charcoal
meowth Rex the male Meowth <Technician>
flaaffy Mabus the male Flaaffy <Static>
luvdisc Corpolub the female Luvdisc <Hydration>
furfrou-kabuki Prince the male Furfrou (Kabuki Trim) <Fur Coat> @ Silk Scarf
ralts Krystal the female Ralts <Synchronize>
geodude Iwawock the male Geodude <Rock Head> @ Iron Ball
lotad Spirit the female Lotad <Swift Swim>

By the will of the RNG:
-blazheirio889 sends out
-Lilycolo sends out and commands
-blazheirio889 commands
-ALL YOUR CONDITIONALS ARE BELONG TO US

I WANT MY KIRLIA!

and also the only way I could ever win this is with type shenanigans, and also I have many conditionals of doom options with ralts

Krystal, baby, let's go.

First, subs always seem to go well for us, so put up a big one. Then, spam our favorite move, Psychic. Get in her mind and have fun hurting her brain!

If you're taunted first move, more Psychic!

If you can't hit her at any time disregarding sub's, calm mind.

And trust me, we'll get into the fun stuff later. Let's just have a somewhat vanilla first round to get warmed up.

Big Substitute/Psychic~Psychic/Calm Mind~Psychic/Calm Mind

Hi, my name is Blazhy and I am a sneaky bastard. I'm sorry for inflicting this on you Lilycolo.

Kreskin, start by Snatching that Substitute. Then, while Krystal is futilely Psychicing away at you, boost up a bit with Calm Mind, and finish up with some solid damage by throwing a Shadow Ball at Krystal.

Snatch ~ Calm Mind ~ Shadow Ball

It was a quiet morning by the Challenge Board, what with various trainers were meddling about around the postings. Quiet is a subjective term, and by Asber standards, it was pretty quiet. Armed with sharpies, and some with white-out (and other branded variants), they flocked to the posts and fiddled with damage caps, battlers and refs. Some sat on a bench nearby, colloquially known as the Benching Bench; where one would modify their squad.

A trainer christened blazheirio889 sidled up to the board, a crumpled piece of parchment in her hand. As she pulled a thumbtack out of the woodwork a green disc with a notch cut into it flung by her hand. The parchment shot off and lazed downwards in arcing curves towards another female trainer. Lilycolo took one look at the paper, very quickly, of course, and threw it at the nearby ref-in-training.

The post, like a binding contract, struck the poor ref in the face and they were magically teleported to the central stadium. Lilycolo wasted no time in sending out the fastest Pokemon in the west. She did it so quickly- in fact- that she sent out her Ralts by mistake. Krystal shrugged in response before Lilycolo could, using her precognitive capabilities as smugly as possible.

blazheirio889 was nowhere to be seen. Or so you would think. Two shapes leapt off the ceiling, they had been hanging there like NINJAS. People reputed for being extremely sneaky. So sneaky that Lilycolo hadn’t even seen bluzzy send out her Pokemon, a Mienfoo that was idly pawing at the ground.

Round One

Lilycolo
Oo
ralts
Krystal
Female Ralts [Synchronize]
Health: 100% | Energy: 100%
Condition: "~_~"
Big Substitute/Psychic~Psychic/Calm Mind~Psychic/Calm Mind

blazheirio889
Oo
mienfoo
Meihua
Female Mienfoo [Inner Focus]
Health: 100% | Energy: 100%
Condition: "liek ninja i is thief in night"
Snatch~Calm Mind~Shadow Ball

Bluzzy began the battle with a whisper, a series of incredibly SNEAKY orders to her Pokemon. The Mienfoo appeared to understand and slyly crouched down on four legs and tenses her muscles in apprehension. If Krystal had tried to peek at her mind to find out what was up, she would’ve found she couldn’t, and that may have raised a red flag. Of course, Meihua was much too sneaky for that. Krystal stubby little arms bobbed in a shrug and she started rippling her consciousness. The Ralts mimicked her own thoughts about everything and everyone until they were like a second voice in her head. She clumped the thoughts together and added some mental fluff to them, they had to look plush and presentable, after all. With a shrill cry she thrust them outwards, into a shape familiar to a ra- what. It was there! She could see it in her mind, where did it go…? She didn’t even sense it being stolen! There was just a gaping hole in her mind where the thoughts had been focused.

On the other side of the field Meihua cackled in a very un-Mienfoo way, as if a muzzle was clamping up and down in raucous laughter. Sneakily. A toothy grin spread across her lips, she was so sneaky she could steal the thoughts from a psychic type! Mwahahaha! So happy was Meihua that she didn’t notice the small scars that had formed on her paws from snatching the substitute. Thievery has its toll, no crime goes unpunished. Though this wasn't apparent to Meihua, the cackling had cleared her mind of all distracting thoughts, only the laughter ringing happily about in her head. She raised a paw to wipe away a tear and then fell to the floor in a heap of maddened guffawing. Krystal stared at the Mienfoo, and its companion plushie, in confusion.

At last, Meihua ceased her merriment and stood up once again. The cackling had cleared her mind, and she felt much more at peace now. She uprighted herself, and stood with her fists balled up on her waist, beside her plushie.

Krystal narrowed her mind’s eye at her opponent, how were there suddenly two of them? One of them looked awfully plush and fluffy. Her mind’s eyebrow furrowed, but her trainer relented. Although she sagged slightly at the orders, she did agree that clearing one’s mind was the best course of action. Yes, her little mind-teddy was stolen. Yes, it was her opponent’s now. Yes, it was actually pretty big and not really that little. She huffed, pretending to breathe out these conflicting thoughts. It worked, and her fidgeting and stammering ceased. Now content, she began to sway in the milky stream of placid thoughts. The raging currents of distractive intrusions stemmed for now.

Meihua’s lips pursed, her smirk now lost. Why was Krystal so…calm? Did she not see what just happened? I- I took her teddy! Her thought-teddy thing that was actually kind of big and now my jaw kind of hurts! But still! She’s taunting me, of course. Swaying like a serene…tree or something. How dare she, I am the calmer one!

With a snarl, Meihua dropped her hands to her sides and unhinged her jaw. Out from the Mienfoo’s snout shot a wailing ball covered in swathes of purple. The Ralts, swaying contentedly, didn’t quite notice the pain as the screaming, gaseous sphere smacked into her forehead. There was an audible thump, and a few seconds later she winced as the dulled pain finally racked her brain. It threw off her sway. Krystal paused, quivering in anger. Meihua growled and backed off to behind her plush substitute. She bared her fangs in a wide grin, quite unlike a Mienfoo. The shadow of the massive plushie, as if in response, fell on Meihua; darkening her already sinister expression. Krystal stood stock still, then began to sway once more. Meihua lifted an eyebrow. She was trying to be calmer than her…? That could not happen. She began to yip and bark, trying to dissuade Krystal from trying to be better than her. Krystal continued to wobble, soothed by her thoughts.

Lilycolo
Oo
ralts
Krystal
Female Ralts [Synchronize]
Health: 88% | Energy: 86%
Condition: +2 Sp. Atk, +2 Sp. Defense
"WAT NO I AM THE CALMER "
Big Substitute SNATCHED~Calm Mind~Calm Mind

blazheirio889
Oo
mienfoo
Meihua
Female Mienfoo [Inner Focus]
Health: 80% | Energy: 81%
Condition: +1 Sp. Atk, +1 Sp. Defense. Has a Substitute(20%).
"NO ME. I IS CALMER THAN THOU."
Snatched BIG Substitute~Calm Mind~Shadow Ball

Calculations:
Krystal’s Health:
100% - 12 (Shadow Ball) = 88%
Krystal’s Energy:
100% – 10 (BIG Substitute) – 2 (Calm Mind) – 2 (Calm Mind) = 86%

Kreskin’s Health:
100% - 20 (LARGE Substitute) = 80%
Kreskin’s Energy:
100% - 12 (2+ 10, Snatched MASSIVE Sub)) – 2 (Calm Mind) – 5 (Shadow Ball) = 81%

Rolls:
Shadow Ball: Crit Roll (43/100), NO CRIT.

Notes:
-I took “can’t hit” as literally cannot damage her, immunity being a subset of that. If you had said can’t target, I would’ve let the Psychics fly into oblivion.
-Krystal had to prepare the move to be Snatched, at which point Meihua SNEAKILY GRABBED IT AWAY HOW COULD SHE, so I’d assume Krystal would use the energy to produce a sub, and deducted as such.
-Reffed Snatch as having a base cost of 2%, and then added the cost of the Snatched move.
-Shadow Ball had no net change in damage, since both of 'em were Calmed up one notch.
-I took a few descriptive liberties with Calm Mind, as reffing that the same way three times would be really boring. And Zorua Mienfoo being tricksters, they would feel more at ease if they were mischievous, sneaky buggers, right? Right?
-Trying out past tense prose, tell me how it works out.
-The only descriptors you two have are sneaky and fast, respectively. And that is all you will ever have, if I'm still in reffin' power. On that note:

-bluzzy sneakily posts her orders.
-Lily quickly responds with her orders.
-I ref once I get this contract off my face.
-SUMMON THE CONDITIONALS

Last edited:
So, closing this out. I'm not sure how the prizes would work in this situation, since I've already gotten half winnings for the previous ref test battle, but just posting this here:

-Lilypad gets $20 for winning, Krystal gets 1 EXP and 1 Happiness
-blazheirio889 gets nothin', Kreskin the Zorua would have gotten 2 EXP and 1 Happiness
-I get $15?

Honestly, I don't want to close this out yet, so I'm not doing so on the App. Mainly because it's just the first round and maybe another elite ref could come in and take over? If not, I'll close it up and we can go through the motions again...

Consider this a placeholder.

Back
Top Bottom