• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

X/Y Progress thread

I'm right before the last Gym! I just want to level grind a couple of guys up to where everyone else is at first.

Game: Y
Player: Windy
Badges: 7
Time: 29:36
Current team:
Bagel [Salamence] M, level 61
Bran [Delphox] M, level 65
Aloe [Gogoat] F, level 62
C Minor [Klefki] F, level 62
Macaroon [Noivern] F, level 53
Nori [Dragalge] M, level 35

Ok, made some general progress with the team.

Team:
Von Pinais the Quilladin, Lv. 27, M
Tyrunt, Lv. 26, M
Fletcher the Fletchinder, Lv.26, M
Auron the Lucario, Lv. 26, M
Combusken (event), Lv. 26, M
Mr. Turtle the Wartortle, Lv. 26, M

I've taken out Skitter the Vivillon and Voltaire the Pikachu. Today, I beat Grant and I found a shiny Inkay, so there's that.

Game: X
Player: Rebecca
Current team:
Vulpecula the Delphox, female, level 42
Morgan the Floette, female, level 42
Ralph the Venusaur, male, level 42
Albia the Meowstic, female, level 41
Joyeuse the Honedge, male, level 41
Lazuli the Lapras, male, level 41
5 badges

Just about ready to challenge the sixth gym. Finally settled my team. It'll take a bit to get the last two up to speed but it should be good once I do. I also came up with nicknames c:

Lethbridge the Greninja- M, Lv. 41
Borealis the Aurorus- M, Lv. 41
Charlemagne the Doublade- M, Lv. 41
William the Gallade- M, Lv. 40
Newt the Goomy- F, Lv. 36
Coulomb the Mareep- F, Lv. 13

I really forgot Ampharos was an option for a while. (also I hate Newt's nickname and if I come up with anything better I'll change it. I was thinking Tardigrade at first but... eh.)

I just got past the 6th gym. How Do I get the styles I need and which ones do I need to get into the cafes in Lumosa City and the Boss in the Lost Hotel? Also where is the stone to Mega evolve my Raichu? Thanks XD.:)

I just got past the 6th gym. How Do I get the styles I need and which ones do I need to get into the cafes in Lumosa City and the Boss in the Lost Hotel? Also where is the stone to Mega evolve my Raichu? Thanks XD.:)

Unfortunately, there is no mega evolution for Raichu.

Team:
Fuhrer the Delphox, level 42, male
Schwarz the Aromatisse, level 42, female
Von Epp the Malamar, level 42, male
Mengele the Helioptile, level 41, female
Himmler the Hawlucha, level 41, male
Rosenberg the Skrelp, level 41, female

6 badges

Haven't made much progress in terms of levels, but that's just because I spent a lot of time trying to get into the fancy clothes store in Lumiose. Finally managed, and spent way too much money on overpriced clothing (I regret nothing though). Bought a douchebag fedora because sadly it suits my character pretty well :D
Just look at this smug asshole.
2wyCO3K.png

EDIT:
Nori [Dragalge] M, level 35
How is it a Dragalge already??? The internets told me it would evolve at level 48 (though it also said 37 at some other place, but mine hasn't evolved yet despite knowing Camouflage)
tell me your secrets

EDIT#2:
no wait is that just a typo and it should say level 53? That would solve the mystery, I guess.

Last edited:
Beaten the Elite Four yesterday. Now just trying out Wonder Trades and shit, plus breeding for a male Litleo.

I have Grimlock (Tyrantrum), Tyranitar, Thumper (Steelix), Chaara (Charizard), Ophelius (Lapras), and El Guerrero (Hawlucha).

How is it a Dragalge already??? The internets told me it would evolve at level 48 (though it also said 37 at some other place, but mine hasn't evolved yet despite knowing Camouflage)
tell me your secrets

Yeah I dunno either??? I caught it as a Dragalge at level 35 in the wild, so there were no evolutiony shenanigans here. (Route 8 and Cyllage Town with a Super Rod, they weren't hard to find, surprisingly)

I decided to drop some of my team members, so now I have these Pokemon:

Nutela the Chesnaught
Lyla the Vivillon
Carl the Furfrou
Trisha the Malamar
Philomina the Talonflame
Atta the Azumarill
Red the Charizard
Blaziken
Pace the Lapras
Sly the Lucario
Nyaoni and Kusu, f/m Meowstic

Trying to grind for Valerie, but I keep getting distracted by all these clothing in stock, and— is that a grey felt hat in lumiose's boutique??

And I so want to use Trisha in the Fairy gym but apparently Psychic doesn't resist Fairy. Ugh...

Team is approaching equal-ish, Coulomb's gonna take a lot of work, though.

6 badges
on: Route 15
Charlemagne the Doublade, M, Lv. 46
Lethbridge the Greninja, M, Lv. 45
Borealis the Aurorus, M, Lv. 45
Newt the Sliggoo, F, Lv. 45
William the Gallade, M, Lv. 44
Coulomb the Ampharos, F, Lv. 34

Mega evolution, though... It's pretty useful, to say the least. It puts Coulomb on par with the trainer/wild pokemon, which were a good 8 levels above it when I first entered the area.

So I just beat the game! My team at the end is:

Izanami the Aegislash ♀, Level 82
Merlin the Delphox ♂, Level 80
Melinda the Meowstic ♀, Level 77
Lola the Sylveon ♀, 70
Din the (Mega) Charizard ♂, Level 66
LaGuardia the Lapras ♂, Level 64

Now it's time to play the post-game and build a competitive team!

Last edited:
Four badges, starting on the Power Plant business

Pompey the Lv. 38 Delphox
Chauncey the Lv. 39 Vivillon
Rupert the Lv. 39 Gogoat
Takenouchi the Lv. 39 Pangoro
Mr. Drippy the Lv. 38 Spritzee (wish I had someone to trade with...)
Swiggins the Lv. 38 Malimar
Pilkington the Lv. 38 Heliolisk
Aurorus the Lv. 39 Aurorus (haven't gotten around to re-nicknaming it)
Drump the Lv. 39 Barabaricle
Abby Sal the Lv. 26 Skrelp

Yes, I have a team of 10. Including two Water-types, and a Dark/Psychic along with a Dark-type and a Psychic-type. That's just how I roll.

Best part of the game so far: "Where is the Power Plant Passport? I must have dropped it while I was feeling around that boulder ten steps to the left! If only I had a Dowsing Machine, so I could find it in style!"

(Also like one-third of my team knows Surf. That's fun.)

Last edited:
For you people who've beaten the game and have Mawile's mega stone: Would any of you actually be willing to loan me your Mawilite to me until I beat the game? Since I'm actually using Mawile as part of my team and all.

3 badges! I just got access to mega evolution. And rather than do what everyone else seems to be doing, I'm only using six pokémon on my team, no more than that, and the EXP share is only on intermittently.
~Quilladin, Lv. 32
~Helioptile, Lv. 32
~Golett, Lv. 33
~Amaura, Lv. 32
~Mawile, Lv. 33
~Combusken, Lv. 33

also mawile is just the cutest thing ever and pokemon-amie is just the best thing they've ever come up with I swear I am like dying from cuteness

Ok I got to the boss in the Lost Hotel. You need all Skate tricks to do it. I also beat the E4 today and now have to get the TM's and Pokemon. How do I get the TM's from that one Girl? I got Flamethrower but what times can I get the others? Thanks XD.:)

For you people who've beaten the game and have Mawile's mega stone: Would any of you actually be willing to loan me your Mawilite to me until I beat the game? Since I'm actually using Mawile as part of my team and all.

3 badges! I just got access to mega evolution. And rather than do what everyone else seems to be doing, I'm only using six pokémon on my team, no more than that, and the EXP share is only on intermittently.
~Quilladin, Lv. 32
~Helioptile, Lv. 32
~Golett, Lv. 33
~Amaura, Lv. 32
~Mawile, Lv. 33
~Combusken, Lv. 33

also mawile is just the cutest thing ever and pokemon-amie is just the best thing they've ever come up with I swear I am like dying from cuteness

I'll get it for you tonight.

I beat the game a while back. Final levels were somewhere in the low-mid 70s. Everything was a cakewalk starting with when I got my Goomy to evolve, since the EXP Share just gave everybody nice levels. It was like playing the game with only two or three Pokemon on my team, like I tend to do. I would have never conisdered a team of six without the improved EXP Share, and I'm glad I did get to use a wider variety than I normally do. Right now I've finished most of the sidequests and am trying to build up my rank in the Battle Chateau, mostly so I can get some reliably tough rematches from people. Also getting a lot of money.

Back
Top Bottom