• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

#mafia Mafia [Mafia Victory]

The problem is the fact that it's trying to be run like a chat-mafia whilst being in a forum. Just look around the forum and you'll see a lot of extensions when discussion is going. The way this game was run, i.e. automatically randlynching when time is up instantly pulls it in the mafias' favour because players, unlike playing in chat mode, do not usually attack inactive players for no reason on the forum.
The problem was nobody was discussing. The only thing "chat mafia" about it was that it used #mafia's roles and I was GMing.

I see.

But the problem that nobody was discussing is enhanced by the fact that there is a solid time limit which cannot extend. When I played "chat mafia", the phase was over whether you liked it or not which created a sense of urgency, so people voted silent players. This was on a forum, however, which basically obliterates it so the mafia can get away with being silent. Especially with little info roles.

I see.

But the problem that nobody was discussing is enhanced by the fact that there is a solid time limit which cannot extend.

Why should I be encouraged to extend an inactive phase?

When I played "chat mafia", the phase was over whether you liked it or not which created a sense of urgency, so people voted silent players. This was on a forum, however, which basically obliterates it so the mafia can get away with being silent. Especially with little info roles.
Yeah, #mafia is totally different from forum mafia and Mafia Scum. We don't use anything but plaintext IRC so GM does everything manually.

It's more due to the fact that majority is required for abstain and the random lynch which makes the non-extended time phase annoying.

I know the #mafia guys at esper have a bot that runs the games.

We've considered a bot, but decided nothing can really replace a GM, especially with how our roles work.

It's more due to the fact that majority is required for abstain and the random lynch which makes the non-extended time phase annoying.

Well, I'm sorry if I really don't have time or patience for extensions? Part of that was to discourage abstinences.

Back
Top Bottom