• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

What would you add to the Mystery Dungeon Series?

Icalasari

YAY! NEW AVATAR! :D
You never know, they may release another one. So I got to thinking, "What would others like to see in it?"

Personally, I would like for several different arcs for after the story is done, with them being achieved in unique ways, like with how one had to unlock Lugia in the first game

With Arceus, my idea for them implementing it:

-Recruit all legendaries except for Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, and Arceus
-Clear all dungeons except for four of them (the 99 floor, leader only, level 1, no item dungeon being one of them. I will refer to it as the leader dungeon)

You would then have to clear the leader dungeon again if you cleared it before meeting the above requirements. Upon clearing the leader dungeon, you would hear news of a new area forming, threatening to eat up the whole land. You travel there, and find a choice of three, 99 floor dungeons. The Spatial Lake, the Temporal Highlands, and the Reverse Cemetery. You can only enter them (at first) with just yourself and your partner

Each one would have unique characteristics:

Spatial Lake: Paths will randomly appear and disappear with each step, even on the map, making it hard to find the stairs. However, there would be an upside. You have unlimited steps to figure it out, so you just have to bring alot of food or that game's version of the tight belt

Temporal Highlands: 'Time' based occurrences act randomly (E.G. Poison may affect you every step for five steps, then not affect you for another 20, you find that your speed randomly gets boosted or lowered, etc.). The step limit is not affected, and things such as paralysis would only be dragged on for twice as long, max

Reverse Cemetery: Don't really know v.v

After clearing all three and recruiting the three dragons first go (they won't join your current team), you then gain access to the source of all of this. A place called Origin Mountain. You climb the massive, 99 floor dungeon (another leader dungeon, except your partner IS allowed to come, and actually has to), and fine a mid point. After this mid point is a small, ten floor dungeon with no gimmicks (Yay for being whatever level you were before!) called Origin Summit.

When you get to the top (called Origin Sanctuary), you find Arceus, and after a brief dialouge that explains his power and why he never interfered with the events of the main story, he will challenge you. Beat him and he will join your team... With a size of 6. You are able to go to Origin Sanctuary whenever without going through any dungeons, although you will be forced back to the Leader and Partner only team, and then you get the option of leaving the leader and partner there while taking control of Arceus

Good thinking Ica. My brain can't think.

I want something like, personalize your team base, just like secret bases. That'd be cool and would make your base unique.

Maybe more kinds of move animations, Bubble and Bubblebeam aren't the same etc.

Go to a dungeon where you can find every Pokemon but can't recruit any.

That's all for now.

Another idea: Making stealing HARDER, although not by just making the Kecleon stronger

Basically, the Kecleon would change their strategy, forcing you to change yours. You use Pure Seeds to steal all the time? More Kecleon will appear around the stairs. You use the Vanish Seed too often? Kecleon will block the exits from that room. You inflict them with status conditions? They start carrying berries. You attack them head on? They use Shadow Sneak all the time. You use two-tile distance attacks? Psybeam. Straight-Line attacks? They stay out of range until they are one diagonal step away from being north, east, south, or west of you. You use a specific type of attack often? They come in as a type resistant/immune to that attack (Discharge? Ground Type to begin with. Earth Power? Flying Type. Gust is your most used attack against them? Meet Electric-Type Kecleons)

Also, a chance to actually become a fugitive beyond the plot by stealing too frequently (maybe 10 straight robberies in 10 or fewer game days) would be great

An idea you may actually agree with: Online battles. You get to bring in your team of Pokemon. Each Pokemon would have an assigned speed rank (from 0 to 10. Example: Slakoth is 0. Slowpoke is 0. Manectric is 8. Kecleon is 10 (due to the auto double speed when you steal from them). Deoxys speed is 10) based on how they act in game and other things. In the case of a shared speed rank, the order is decided randomly. You each start in a sort of base. Goal is to knock out all of the opponent's Pokemon first. If the leader is knocked out, then the next Pokemon in line becomes leader. Only certain hold items would be allowed to brought in, and special items would be available for the battle, scattered around (along with the usual berries and common seeds. Also, Violent, Vanish, and the Time-equivalent of the Violent Seeds would also appear)

The ability to be any unevolved pokemon (who can evolve). They'd probably have to add a lot more questions at the beginning, and make many more headshots... But I would love to be a Larvitar or Ralts, or something. Beldum. x3
(How would you make Beldum have facial expressions though? lol)

^ All basic Pokemon who can evolve? That would be the most painful thing ever to code. And the chances of you getting the Pokemon you wanted is VERY low. I'd rather just have all basic Pokemon recuitable before the main storyline finishes. I know it sucks if your favorite Pokemon isn't a starter but life isn't always fair.

^ All basic Pokemon who can evolve? That would be the most painful thing ever to code. And the chances of you getting the Pokemon you wanted is VERY low. I'd rather just have all basic Pokemon recuitable before the main storyline finishes. I know it sucks if your favorite Pokemon isn't a starter but life isn't always fair.

I suppose.

They should bring back Cubone and Eevee as starters though >.< (But keep Munchlax and the others.)

Huh, I can't think of anything. I'm tired right now. :(

Online battling teams.

Recruiting real people over wi-fi to challenge dungeons.

Rechallenging Bosses.

Longer plot.

Your character talks and the plot is served on a plate by your partner.

A Clever plot so you have to work out most of it.

A Strogner enemy team.

Actually have an effect on the plot. You are the main character so you should be able to influence what happens. Have various points when what you say will determine the course of the story.

Change partners in a way. Like at certain points (see the choose your path idea) you might end up being split from your current partner and paired up with someone else. You could still have a say in who your new partner is but have it sneakily hidden rather then blantant.

More varied gameplay. Dungeon upon dungeon gets old prety quickly. The lookout duty challenges were a welcome change, although they could have been built upon a bit more.

More later...

Spoink as a starter, although that will never happen.

Have a part where you make a choice were you can go down one plot line, or another, then merge at the end of the main plot. But before you face the final boss, he messes up time so you go back to where you made the choice and it forces you to choose the other thing.

Like Dark Shocktail said, the part with the new partner for a while, then the old guy becomes you partner, and the new guy joins your team.

Make Mewtwo the grand master mind, and right before him Mew comes in and you get to play as him for the battle, then after the battle you have to find him to get him to join your team.

All for now.

Have REALLY hard dungeons that aren't Lv1 dungeons to get levels. Like dungeons with Lv100 Pokemon that you can't recruit but not too many floors and maybe dungeons with Lv 80 Pokemon and more floors. No boss just the floors. But maybe you get some randomly generated prize at the end?

I like really hard dungeons too....now I'm thinking that at some points in the story you could play as other characters important to the plot. Like if we made Arceus evil and you could play some team to try to "save" him (and lose):grin::grin: obviusly ur character is the most important. And yeah.

You know there in Japan they're talking about a third dungeon game. =0

Breeding XD

Sorry, had to be said.

You should get to fight whole teams of (2-4) bad pokemon, not just one at a time when you go on bounty hunting missions.

My brain sucks at this kind of thing.

Longer plot would be great though, and the multiple plot path thing sounds fun. :D

Oh! It'd be cool if you couldn't be a generic starter Pokemon, and you and your partner were some other similar Pokemon, like Ralts, or Trapinch.

It would be cool if the story changed a bit depending on what Pokémon you was would be cool. AND THAT GAME STOPS CALLING ANY POKÉMON WITH GENDER "IT" AND SAY THE GENDER, I CAN'T BE THE ONLY ONE ANNOYED BY HOW CHIMECHO CALLS EVERY POKÉMON HE ADDS TO YOUR TEAM "IT"!

Am I? D:

An explanation of the "nobody evolves" thing that actually makes sense. Or just, y'know, let Pokémon evolve normally from the start so it doesn't look completely ridiculous for your characters to be winning against fully-evolved Pokémon and legendaries. And that way, people who want a "hard mode" can choose to stay unevolved the whole game.

Also, a "build-a-dungeon" mode--since the actual corridors and such are randomly generated, the data for creating a dungeon should be fairly small (which Pokémon appear, how many floors, what type of items appear, what boss at the end, and any other special features), so they could be sent out to other people's games on WiFi or something like that. You can download people's Battle Recorder videos in Platinum and the WiFi Battle Tower room lets you download other people's teams to fight, so something like that should be possible.

Using the genders that the Pokémon actually are, also. The use of "it" in the main series can at least be explained (humans are bad at telling the difference between Pokémon genders without resorting to the old "flip 'em over and look" method... and just like in real life, some of the dumber members of the species have a bad habit of always using "it" when talking about members of any other species), but other Pokémon shouldn't have any problem knowing which pronoun to use.

Back
Top Bottom