• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

HTML5/CSS3

Diz

Overdosing on placebos
So who is excited about it?

From the looks of the tutorial on W3 Schools website, HTML5 doesn't seem too hard to do, just that once again browser support is patchy.

It's awesome, except that as with all web standards, it will be at least five years before it will be viable for anything but novelty websites, thanks to the slow evolution of some browsers and the even slower upgrading of the Internet-browsing public.

IE isn't the only browser that's patchy, there's a whole website devoted to testing browsers for support.

HTML 5 Test

I'm using Google Chrome 5 and it only scores 197 out of 300

One of the devs from Opera spoke at my school a few months ago. He was cool, and he gave me a free t-shirt.

...oh, yeah, and his HTML5/CSS3 presentation was interesting, too, I guess.

If I remembered the link to the slides he uploaded I would probably post it here, but I don't! Oops. If I ever find it again and anyone wants to see it, though...

Back
Top Bottom