• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Good television?

burn notice is good. there. WATCH BURN NOTICE
so so true.

Anyways, Buffy the Vampire Slayer is surprisingly decent and addicting and funny in a "holy shit this so corny why am I still watching it" sort of way. It's also got vampires that usually look pretty damn ugly, which is unusual these days. Oh, and the main character is pretty hot, if you're into that.

Stargate (SG-1 would be the best to start with, but you could start with Universe, but I've heard baaad things about Universe)

That is total bullshit. Universe is the best Stargate series so far. SG-1 and Atlantis don't even come close. People are just too used to the formulaic nature of the first two shows to appreciate it properly. Case in point: the aliens don't speak English.

That is total bullshit. Universe is the best Stargate series so far. SG-1 and Atlantis don't even come close. People are just too used to the formulaic nature of the first two shows to appreciate it properly. Case in point: the aliens don't speak English.

Like I said, I haven't seen much of it, but I've heard it's bad... Well I saw the first like three or four episodes, and it was good, I just never got to finish the season.Though I loved SG-1, and I hated Atlantis. (I be weird)

I now might be inspired to hunt down a few episodes.....

THREAD DERAILMENT

Did Universe really get that much better? I haven't watched past Time so I don't actually know, but if it has then holy shit I need to torrent it fast. I mean, I absolutely loved SGA (mostly for the <333333 that was John and Rodney IT'S CANON, SCREW YOU, KELLER) but a departure from that that's still good would be amazing.

Also, aliens not speaking Engish makes me feel happy inside. NEEDS MOAR, GUYS.

On a scale of 1 to Battlestar Galactica, where's Universe?

/THREAD DERAILMENT

Watch BSG. And Buffy. :D OH and watch Ugly Betty, it's awesome.

Well, on a scale of 1 - Battlestar Galactica a six is a very respectable score. I might have to torrent Universe before I move into halls. :D Universe started off kind of slowly, and then it was slightly "MEH" but then I enjoyed it and if it gets better then that's good.

I mean. It did take me almost a season to properly get into BSG, so...

I hated SGU. I didn't watch all the way to the end of the season so if you think the last couple of episodes were what made it so much better then I'll go to watch them and you can disregard my post.

It wasn't so much as the fact that it was different and had more drama than the other series that made me dislike it, but more due to the fact that it was drama revolving around characters I cared nothing about. The beginning of the season seemed to me like it was trying too hard to be good, and seemed like BSG with some of the things that made Star Trek Voyager mediocre thrown in. It got better later on and started to develop its own identity, but at that point it seemed to focus on the characters, which wouldn't be a bad thing if I cared for them at all. All it did was turn me off the series so much that I was bored even during episodes I think I would have liked otherwise.

Now I admit that the "Stargate" formula from the other two shows are what made me enjoy them so much, at least the earlier episodes anyway. I don't think it's the lack of this that let me down with Universe. I was looking forward to Universe when I found out it was going to be different from the previous series. In fact there were quite a few episodes I liked, but I just disliked the overall feel of the series, not the (lack of the same) formula that it followed.

I agree with the aliens not speaking English thing but things being more realistic like that doesn't necessarily make things better. Well, at least, being more unrealistic doesn't make things worse when it comes to aspects like that. There are some rare occasions when I prefer aliens to speak English/look identical to humans even if no explanation is given.

It could be put down to me just disliking most series that seem dark and gloomy and certain kinds of drama but at least I have reasons for thinking SGU isn't as good as the other two. I've seen quite a few haters that don't seem to have any reasons.

i've been watching skins, and i really enjoy it a lot.

i've also been watching an anime called panty & stocking with garterbelt that's really nifty. very refreshing.

This show has been off air for quite a bit, and DVD releases are somewhat sporadic (I use youtube for the eps not on DVD yet), not to mention only released in North America but I would highly recommend Mystery Science Theater 3000. The show is basically about a person and two robots making fun of bad movies, and trust me, it's better than it sounds. Some of the jokes are fairy intelligent/esoteric, and with over 700 riffs an episode, some are more than likely to make you laugh. Not to mention, there are about 200-something episodes. I'd mostly recommend stuff from season 3(1991-92) and on. Especially Space Mutiny.

(Okay, I think I've rambled on too long. >:Dc)

Pushing Daisies. It finished about a year or two ago, but it's well worth tracking down the DVDs. It's one of my favourite TV shows of all time.

And then there's Ugly Betty. It finishes tonight in the UK [for good] but it's also absolutely hilarious and brilliant.

Oh, and it's been suggested, but Glee. It's pretty cool :3

Back
Top Bottom