• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Get off my lawn!

Phantom

Uh, I didn't do it.
Right, so, we've probably all had to deal with them at some point, the door to door annoyance, solicitors.

Whether they are from a religious group, selling something, trying to get a donation for something, or trying to get you to invest in a bit of land or something like that, they can be quite annoying, and ignorant of the time.

Tell me, what are some creative ways to deal with solicitors? What are some ideas you have that are funny/creative ways to get them the heck away from your home?

They can be legit ways you've used, or well, just be creative!

If I were of a more... evil disposition, I could probably think of some sort of incredibly clever way to get rid of them. Murderously clever, you might say... murder... I mean that I would kill them, I would just kill them outright. That is what I'm saying.

But since I'm actually a decent human being, I do what everyone should be doing when a telemarketer calls you or a door-to-door missionary stops by: I tell them I'm not interested and then wish them a good day and that's about it.

I have a trap door that has my pet Rancor under the mat.

Unfortunately, I also lost the spare key for the house because of this. Oh well. Sacrifices and whatnot.

My dad likes to open the door, cough/sneeze at the solicitor, and then close the door.

I've never seen a door-to-door solicitor. From time to time, though, I hear my mom talking to telemarketers, and she just politely says she's not interested.

Telemarketers are annoying, so it's probably easy to forget that they have one of the shittiest jobs in the world. There's plenty of ways to troll them, but I think they might not find it very funny if they've already spent the whole day being hung up on or yelled at or pranked...

I dunno I imagine it's not very nice having some smartass quip something ~*hilarious*~ when you're just trying to do your job, particularly when you've heard the same thing about a hundred times already that day or have had abuse hurled at you or something.

Honestly though who is mean to door-to-door charity people??? Christ what is wrong with you

Put the telemarketer on the line with your grandparent who has dimentia and don't tell either of them who they're talking to.

Back
Top Bottom