• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

I think my socks are ninjas...

Phantom

Uh, I didn't do it.
Anyone else have an issue with socks disappearing? Seriously, my socks just go 'poof' all the time. I'm not a messy person, just, one day I do laundry, socks will be there, and then like two days later I go through my drawer and have like four pairs left.

Please tell me I'm not alone.

People complain about dryers eating socks a lot. I've never had any proof since I always pair my socks as I take them out and there's never an odd one.

I to seem to be running out though, so my theory is that the dryer intentionally eats socks two at a time, in matching pairs.

I to seem to be running out though, so my theory is that the dryer intentionally eats socks two at a time, in matching pairs.

Because it's proper like that.

I checked the dryer though, no socks. Hell, the amount of socks I've had to buy, shouldn't it have like blown up already anyways?

My socks come back sometimes if I move the furniture around, even if there doesn't seem to be any way they could have gotten there. Also, even if they weren't there before I moved the thing (like if I can see underneath it).

I at least have an excuse for missing socks, though, because the cats take them. The kitten's eyes light up every time he sees a sock. Dad gets the most stocks stolen since they share a bedroom, but that means the kitten doesn't really take them anywhere. If he finds toys, he usually races off to Mom and Dad's room with them, but if they're already in there then he just plays with them on the bed.

That seems to be the reason for most missing things around here. If the cats can't take it, they push it over behind something instead.

I have a messy room, so that's probably my fault...but still I thought I kept track of the socks better than anything. Then again my mom has a whole basket of unpaired socks (the pairs are in there, just lost against all the other socks) and so maybe she just keeps tossing them in there.

People complain about dryers eating socks a lot. I've never had any proof since I always pair my socks as I take them out and there's never an odd one.

I have a messy room, so that's probably my fault...but still I thought I kept track of the socks better than anything. Then again my mom has a whole basket of unpaired socks (the pairs are in there, just lost against all the other socks) and so maybe she just keeps tossing them in there.

How much energy to people actually put into matching socks? All my socks are identical except for the new ones I got a few months ago so I'm kind of out of the loop here. Like, when matching socks, are you mainly trying to find pairs that belong to you? Or I guess it's kind of uncomfortable to wear a different style on each foot, so that part makes sense. Otherwise, a lot of sock-wearing would be where people don't need to see your socks (walking, shopping, whatever), so do you still match them then?

I have socks that have L and R on them, and I have some that are colored a bit, too. They still get lost. Like Jake, my mom has a basket constantly filled with unpaired socks. Sometimes we get lucky and find a pair in there.

Matching socks is tedious and boring. They'll get lost sooner or later, what's the use?

I actually don't ever wear matching socks. I always lose one, or one gets a hole in it, so I just recycle the other one and look a lil kooky.

How much energy to people actually put into matching socks? All my socks are identical except for the new ones I got a few months ago so I'm kind of out of the loop here. Like, when matching socks, are you mainly trying to find pairs that belong to you? Or I guess it's kind of uncomfortable to wear a different style on each foot, so that part makes sense. Otherwise, a lot of sock-wearing would be where people don't need to see your socks (walking, shopping, whatever), so do you still match them then?

It's easier to keep track of them. If you don't wear matching socks (no two pairs of my socks have exactly the same colouring) you never know if you've lost any. Unless of course you own a dryer that eats them in pairs.

And it doesn't matter if other people don't see your socks, I'll see them.
Also if you're one of those evil people who wear socks with sandals, other people will be seeing them.

All the time. I have this bad habit of kicking my socks off in my sleep, getting another pair the next morning, and repeating until I run out of socks. Which, unfortunately, leads to me finding that one sock a good three months later.

Although I don't seem to lose dress socks, for some reason.

I have a theory that all driers have a tiny black hole that is only small enough to let socks through occasionally, which is why socks disappear from time to time.

I am incredibly particular about my socks and if they aren't matched, I refuse to wear them. When doing laundry, I also always have to match the socks before I fold them. If there are strays I wail a lot, but my mom's since learned and she doesn't come rushing anymore when it happens. (I can't understand why, it's an /emergency/)

... I have a lot of feelings for socks.

I had a friend once that purposely wore mismatching socks because it was her 'style'. And it wasn't like they were slightly different, they were super fancy colorful socks, and they never matched. Like, themed mismatching socks.

I don't actually lose socks that often, I just ruin them. I don't like shoes, but I'm too lazy to take off my socks. That, more often than not, results in me running around outside in my socks, which effectively ruins them.

I also wear long white socks, no matter what shoe I'm wearing them with (except sandals, obviously). I just hate ankle socks and all that junk.

I had a friend once that purposely wore mismatching socks because it was her 'style'. And it wasn't like they were slightly different, they were super fancy colorful socks, and they never matched. Like, themed mismatching socks.

Sounds like someone I'd get along with! I do the same thing. I'm wearing one fox sock and one hedgehog sock today, para examplar.

Oh, great. Now I'm going to be up all night waiting to see if my socks try to assassinate me in my sleep, or something.
... But not really. I'm not quite that crazy yet.

I'm one of those kooks who doesn't bother to wear matching socks. It's not like I can find a pair anyway, and life's too short to go around worrying.

I've given up on matching socks almost entirely, and instead have a box where I stuff all my socks. They're almost all white, but have different sizes and look slightly different. I no longer care.

I have a few colored pairs of socks which I try to keep track of (two of them are for cosplay). This is... very difficult, due to my terrible organizational skills. One day I swear I'll become organized, throw out all my unpaired socks, and get distinct, identifiable new ones to match. This will never happen.

Back
Top Bottom