• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The "Fwee" Thread

For the first time in almost a year, I finally feel free of the depression and anger that had been a plague for my thoughts and actions. :D

Me and my Jakey haven't been able to talk as much as we'd like to lately, but today is our 2 year anniversary :) and these two years have been amazing, and if it weren't for this place, we wouldn't have met :)

I ordered some Hamtaro badges from a really sketchy online shop a week or so ago. They came in the mail today \o/

IMG_0915_zps2frykgxr.jpg

My cat Rex (who this meowth is named after incidentally) finally came home! He was gone since before the fourth of july and he showed up in our backyard yesterday night, finally! He gets all the tunas today <3

I had a really cool birthday week last week and today I built my first ever computer! :o Fun times!

I'm going to be building my first computer sometime soon. Any advice? What are the best places for buying parts in the UK? Most recommendations I've seen are geared towards Americans.

I'm going to be building my first computer sometime soon. Any advice? What are the best places for buying parts in the UK? Most recommendations I've seen are geared towards Americans.

I'm actually not the best person to ask about buying components since most of the components I used were bought by a friend of mine who is pretty tech-y. Basically what happened was my friends all pooled their money together and the result was a new computer ready to build, haha. A friend of my friend also happened to work for a computer tech store and so, a lot of the stuff I got was discounted that way, too, so I was really, really lucky with mine. :')

I know there are a lot of websites available which will sorta give you a list of components which slot together well and go by budget as well, so you can get the best performance for the amount of money which you are looking to spend.

Personal advice, though very obvious, would be to just be really organised and cautious about how you go about assembling things because I nearly dropped a screw into the power supply of my new computer when building it, which could have been easily avoided. I also found that the inside of the case was quite dark and difficult to see in, so I had a manouverable floor lamp which was really quite handy!

Sorry I can't give anything of actual use or substance, though. :/

Thanks for replies!

Personal advice, though very obvious, would be to just be really organised and cautious about how you go about assembling things because I nearly dropped a screw into the power supply of my new computer when building it, which could have been easily avoided. I also found that the inside of the case was quite dark and difficult to see in, so I had a manouverable floor lamp which was really quite handy!

That's sort of the advice I was looking for! It's my first time so I don't know what is obvious or not.

There are a few things I've read that also helped, like touch a radiator every so often to de-static yourself, and when attaching things to the motherboard you shouldn't be scared of using a bit more force than you think is necessary. Those are helpful and probably get shared because they're not obvious. I'm just worried that there are "obvious" things I haven't read because nobody's said them because they're obvious.

I'll be sure to have a torch on hand.

PCPartPicker is a really good site to search on.

Yeah, I have been using that. It's very useful when it comes to knowing if the components are compatible with each other but I find that unless it's from amazon the prices aren't always accurate.

I've also been following sites like hotukdeals and filtering for computer components that are on sale, and that had given me a good idea of how much things should cost. That's only when there's not much to keep track of though, like with ram or hard drives I know how much they should cost per GB. When it comes to CPUs or graphics cards I have no idea how much they should be worth because I don't know how to compare different models. So far I've been looking though old threads on the subject on /r/pcmasterrace but even then the only thing I can gleam is the obvious that if they're made by the same company and are part of the same line then bigger number means better. But I want to know which is better between all the different kinds so the model numbers mean nothing!

I did a piano arrangement of Vermilion City that I'm really proud of! I did a PDF and a MUS file but since I doubt anyone's gonna want it, here, have the MIDI.

Last edited:
do you ever have that feeling where you just want to, like, give EVERYBODY a hug

I have that feeling right now

but I'm at home so I gave the cat a hug

rex mewed like a widdle kitten and took a nap next to me afterwards

I love my cat :3

I turned 21 today! It's been one fuck of a rollercoaster summer but I've got good friends to take me out to good bars to have a good time. I had a nice cigar, some good cognac, and when my phone's done charging I'm walking downtown to get stapled.

Life is okay :)

Its kinda fun to post on this forum, but i might want to logout soon, before i read something that might upset me.

Still, kinda having a good time just looking around, posting where i feel i should XD i hope i can get into something else soon though.

I'm actually super excited about school. The two AP classes, being assistant director in Theatre Club, just being a junior... It can only go up from last year.

I got my high school schedule, and I got almost all of the classes I want, which is good (I got AP Euro instead of Humanities, hoping I get to change that)

Back
Top Bottom