• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

<333333333333333

Autumn

bye
Pronoun
she
Okay so as you might know I'm in marching band and I was complaining about stuff a couple weeks ago but now I'm really hyper and will be talking in run-on sentences <33333333

So we had our second competition today. Last competition had me real upset. Out of six categories that the bands were scored on, we got... third (or fourth; they didn't announce any scores past second place) place each and every time, and third overall in our class out of four.

I had better expectations this time since we improved so much, but...

Let's call my band Band A, the second Band B and the third Band C. This is how the scores went tonight.

Music: Second - Band A
First - Band B

Pit (Percussion): Second - Band A
First - Band B

Drum Major: Second - Band A
First - Band B

(Color) Guard: Second - Band A
First - Band B

Marching: Second - Band B
First - Band A (Marching counts for a big portion of the score, too!)

Visual Effects: Second - Band A
First - Band B

Well, that was actually a really good run. But that's not the end of it...

Third place in the 3A class: Band C. To be expected.

Second place in the 3A class, "with a rating of superior" (and I never realized it could go above "excellent"):

Band B.

It took about five seconds for the realization to kick in.

First place in the 3A class, with a rating of superior:

Us.

And we got second overall, too! <333333333

This has been a very good night.

Congratulations! :D That must have taken a lot of effort. I don't understand some of those categories though, especially Color Guard. What does that mean?

Yay! Marching band seems REALLY hard. Nice job!
And I think color guard is the flag waving thing, right?

Back
Top Bottom