• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Suggestion Box

I don't see the point of that. Natures help stats I believe, but people don't usually pay attention to stats. o_O

And if I were to get approved, I'd much rather be paid in money.

Agreeing with Negrek and Mewtini here; the simpler the better. If you really want a more complex system where everything and more is kept track of, try Smogon ASB.

Just looking at it makes my eyes bleed.

Not sure if this would be too complex or not, but it could just modify the stats at the beginning of a battle. Like, an Adamant Pokemon would start a battle with +1 Attack and -1 Special Attack.

Or just don't, that'd be fine too

It's just one more thing to keep track of, both for the referee who now has to remember to do nature boosts in addition to everything else, and for everybody who owns pokémon that now has to fiddle with natures in addition to sex, ability, item, and sig move/attribute. I'm not convinced that natures would add enough richness to the game to justify the upkeep of dealing with them.

It's just one more thing to keep track of, both for the referee who now has to remember to do nature boosts in addition to everything else, and for everybody who owns pokémon that now has to fiddle with natures in addition to sex, ability, item, and sig move/attribute. I'm not convinced that natures would add enough richness to the game to justify the upkeep of dealing with them. Complexity creep is an insidious beast.

It's not really a complaint, but whenever you add EXP to any of my Pokemon, they get boxed, is this a system thing?

(this gets annoying when you have a big box)

Hmm, really? They shouldn't be doing that, but I'll keep an eye out from now on when I'm giving EXP.

I noticed this when you added EXP to my Aerodactyl, I went to the main page, and he was stuffed in my box, when he is normally head of my party/squad.

SO I'VE NOTICED I DON'T DO A TON OF BUSINESS

Compared to Kusari-mart and other such League-aided businesses, my Berry Mart doesn't seem to turn over much revenue. Additionally, a majority of my business comes from people who I've given 100% discounts, so. Obviously people don't, in general, use berries very often unless I force them to.

Berries, I think, don't see a ton of use for a simple reason; why use, say, a leppa berry when one could simply chill most of the time? Why use an oran or even a sitrus berry when leftovers, although admittedly less affordable and tasty, will heal much more over time and not be consumed after a single use?

There's probably an obvious reason that the answer will be a 'no', but I propose that, at least eventually, pokémon be able to hold both a berry and another item at the same time.

Leppa berry is useful if you're playing in a battle where chills are restricted or banned and you expect energy to be a factor. Oran and sitrus berries are inferior to leftovers unless you expect the battle to be very quick and/or finances are a factor.

Berries are admittedly more situational than other items, and they are therefore less attractive than most other items. That's just how it goes--some items are better than others. I'm not interested in making them all equally powerful, even if that were possible.

The answer is no.

I need to do this once a month.
BRING BACK THE 'DEX REGISTRY!
That is all.

Specific jobs for high ranking, highly trusted members. For example, you could have someone assisting with the bank, and someone assisting with Pokemon distribution. This might speed things up a little, maybe.

Back
Top Bottom