• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

DREAMS.

I have too many weird dreams to list. Here's one.
I was on a path with some children from my primary school, who were aliens disguised as humans (in the dream, at least). Gwen from Ben 10 was also present, and was also a disguised alien. Anyway, apparently we were all dreaming the same dream and were trapped in a dream-world inhabited by flesh-eating monsters. To escape the dream, we had to wake up. We walked to a bookstore where I turned into a dragon and set fire to things. Then, we saw the castle that the king of the monsters lived in. For some reason, we had to walk there. Then, we started sneaking around the outside of the castle. For some reason, none of the guards noticed us, even though we were occasionally out in the open. Then a character from the Planet 51 movie turned up and reported us to the king of the monsters. As the monsters where about to eat us, I spotted one drinking black sludge through a straw and asked if we could drink some of the black sludge. We started pretending to drink it through straws, opening our eyes REALLY WIDE in the process. Then, the children who were really aliens started disappearing. I saw all of the aliens' true forms, then I woke up.

I had a dream a few nights ago (I think it was Friday night?) where my friend came back from Japan and we met in some sort of African furniture store. We ended up become trapped in the store and had to do these puzzles to open all the doors. One of the puzzles involved finding keys all around the room and then finding the correct lock they matched up to. There was also some stuff after that involving some sort of Durarara!! cosplay meet-up on a playground but I can't remember that much of it.

Funnily enough, the next day the same friend I met in the dream posted on her Facebook that she just came back from Japan that night O_o

Looking on page 1. Just a hunch, but give this a shot, ;P
When you have a lucid dream, you usually hear about how you should be able to change stuff, right? Well, here's the thing, just desiring the changes to occur only appears as a thought in your dream. Try changing the dream through your senses. This takes a lot of concentration, memory, and imagination. In theory, if you concentrate on feeling like a pokemon, you might be able to turn into one in your dream. It's worth a shot. :P

I myself very rarely dream. As of the past 2-3 years though the setting is usually sunset-night time in some place nearby where I live. The surrounding try to mimic reality, but the features are usually warped in some way. For example the semi-busy street connecting to the street I live on was elongated and given a much deeper valley. It also had a distorted curve to it. I doubt I can ever have a lucid dream, I usually end up an audience member watching my own dreams. The main problem is, similar to how my mind works, the dreams literally jump from one place to another with me unable to follow it properly, so they end up confusing. I've had half-awake dreams. These tend to occur coinciding with a video game I've played recently. They include strategies, competitions, etc. I lose sleep from them sadly because I'm half awake yet still an audience member. I'm aware it's a dream and that I'm also sleeping in my bed, so it's kinda weird.

Out of curiosity, how many of you transform into non-human creatures in your dreams?

Out of curiosity, how many of you transform into non-human creatures in your dreams?

I've tried on many occaisons, but it never works. I can never fly in my dreams either. Though in one of my dreams a few years ago I had the ability to change genders at will XD

I've also realised that if I don't want a certain dream to happen, I can 'restart' and 'exit' it like in a video game. A pause menu similar to the one in the Sonic Adventure series pops up too. Am I the only one who can do this?

That means you have better control on stress hormones I think, xD

My other question is has someone ever had a dream end without waking up?

I used to have the ability to transform into a dragon in my dreams.

Another weird dream I had once
After having a load of dreams about Cybermen, I dreamed that Iwas on a ridge overlooking a town. A mysterious voice told me that the town was the world of my dreams, and that I had to save it from the Cybermen invading it. I then somehow ended up in a spaceship. A Cyberman's hand came through the wall, and was zapped by a girl with a Dalek blaster built into her hand.

Whether my dreams were saved, I don't remember. Since I stopped having nightmares about Cybermen after that, I assume that they were.

@Zoltea- Haha, really? I'm like the most stressed-out person you'll ever meet!

I have started a dream journal in an old book I found. Here's the last two dreams that I can remember. I could only find scented markers to write these in so my journal smells delicious :3
5/12/10
The dream started off with me being at school. Everyone was picking their deb partners, so I joined the end of a line where people were being picked. Every time I got to the front, the person who was choosing rejected me so I was sent to the back of the line again. Eventually, there was only this ugly redheaded guy, a guy I used to be friends with, and me left. I thought that they guy I used to be friends with was /obviously/ going to pick me, but instead he chose the other guy. Dejected, I sat down at a table next to Terezi (Homestuck lol). Then Karkat (not the TCoD member) walked past, shouting something about some stupid fangirls that kept harassing him.
The dream changed to me being at a tennis court for a school excursion. I was eating a ham-and-cheese sandwhich which certainly did not taste like ham or cheese. Some people were taking it in turns playing a doubles match on the court, but then everyone left the court because there was a little crocodile walking around. The dream ended here.

6/12/10
The dream started off in some tacky hotel. Like, seriously tacky. The walls were made of tiger fur and the floor featured some sort of ugly brown design. I was bumming around in the spare room for a while (looking at some statues I believe) before heading off to the beach.
I jumped off the balcony of the hotel into the water, where some people dressed up in fursuits were having a boogie-boarding competition. I kinda went blind here, it's kinda hard to explain as I couldn't see anything, but I could still hear the voice of people around me and feel this slimey thing wrap around my body oh god that was disgusting. I regained my sight when I returned to the tacky hotel. After bumming around in the spare room for a while (again looking at the statues. A couple were missing though...), I came to the conclusion that I must be in a two-star hotel and everything that I had touched was most likely filthy.
The dream changed to me going to EB Games to pick out my Christmas present. I walked past the Disney/Pixar section and remarked that children shouldn't play those games because they contain "shitloads of nightmare fuel". The nearby employee agreed with me and showed me the discounted games section. I was looking for Spyro 2 (IRL, my game has been scratched to the point that half the cutscenes won't load anymore) but all I could find were pirated copies. I left EB games and got in my dad's car. For some reason, both my grandparents were in the front seats, despite the fact that my dad was driving. We drove through a red light and passed a burning car wash. I noted that a burning carwash is ironic but then my grandad turned around and told me off for misusing the word irony. I woke up to my mum bashing me over the head with a pillow because I overslept XD.

I always wonder how I can remember my dreams so vividly! There was one dream that I had back when I was 7 or so that I can still remember all the details. I think I might have posted it on a previous thread though, so I won't repeat it.

Well, I had a random dream where my assistant principal/seventh grade dean turned into a Groudon and started firing her lazors, and so I somehow snuck on a flight to Venice and passed Vancouver on the way. (I don't even know how--)
And on the (relatively small) plane the other people turned around and started to stare at me. They were all people from my elementary school and band class, and then they just...all got up as one and pushed me off the plane.
And then I fell into a canal, where this creepy looking dude who reminded me of North Italy in Hetalia pulled me up. He pointed behind me, and I turned around.

i was eaten by the assistant principal and then I woke up.

I also had a cool one a couple years back where my lunch aides had shotguns and I was trying to run with a monopoly box as a shield.

I once dreamt I was a Rayquaza, although I can't remember it now.

I also have all sorts of other dreams I remember but I never tell everyone all the details at once ... I also had one dream in sixth grade that was really lucid that I still remember. :D

Also, you have no sense of smell in your sleep...

I had a lucid dream last night, I think.

In my dream I was trying to log into Final Fantasy XI, so I was using my security token (It's a little keychain that brings up a random six-digit number that you use as a one-time secondary password, basically it's hacking prevention), but the numbers kept changing without me pressing the button and before I could log in with it, so I realized I must be dreaming or something because it's not supposed to do that.

I tried changing the shape of the token, since most of the time when I realize I'm dreaming I try to grow wings or something like that and it always makes me wake up, so this time I wanted to try something small. I could manage that, but when I tried to add people to my dream it made me wake up.

Are you guys ready for the most rad dream you've read about? And the most poorly explained?

Okay well in the beginning I was having a fight with someone about some event that happened before the beginning of the dream that I don't find out. All I know is that I did something that wasn't my fault but made me entirely unforgivable. But I wanted to be forgiven, so I hatched a cunning plan!

We were having this argument in a room, and I was wearing a blue coat. As I left the room after I hung the coat up behind the door and tried to make sure she saw I did this without making it obvious that I was trying to make her see it.

Then I cloned myself and bought an identical blue coat. I then decided that the clone would go to school the next day and I would return to the room where we were fighting. I hang around for a while and the people there are all angry at me for daring to come back. But then they realise that I'm wearing this blue coat. But I left the blue coat yesterday they realise. This immediately makes them realise that the person who was there yesterday couldn't have been me, as obviously there can only be one of these coats in the world and if I happen to be wearing one then the person there yesterday must have been pretending to be me! I am immediately forgiven by everyone.

So then I go home and my dad, who knows I cloned myself, asks me if I went to school and I said my clone did. He rings the school and they say I wasn't in. He then for some reason asks to confirm that there weren't two of me there. My physics teacher hears this and realises what I must have done. She asks me to come to her office which is in the same building as the cloning machines. It turns out that she works there too, and is trying to bring the organisation down from the inside. I get told that it was very irresponsible of me to do this as a solution to my problems. She says that I wasn't in school and then it hits me that I'm the clone.

I make a run for it since she's probably going to try to kill me soon and I run through a nearby park. I crawl through a bunch of bushes as shortcuts but I get stuck. An old man hurries to help me up and I continue, and I somehow end up back in the building with the cloning machines. I run through a corridor and turn into the boss's office. I jump through a window that was there, and when my physics teacher looks to see if I ran in there, she just sees the boss sitting at his desk working, and a mirror at the far side of the room. In the dream I know for some reason that this organisation that experiments with cloning machines etc have some sort of cloaking device that replaces broken windows with walls with mirrors on them, and even someone who knows that the device is present, doesn't even notice if there is a mirror there instead of a window. I guess it's comparable with the chameleon circuit from Doctor Who. Anyway since the physics teacher is specifically looking for places I can hide she notices the mirror and tells the boss.

That's all I can remember but there was a lot more. Including a fight scene on the top floor of this building! I'm often told my dreams are like action movies. I do love it when that happens.

Well, I had a pretty funny one last night. The first thing I remember was that I was basically supposed to watch over (more like babysit) a group of Ayakashi from Kekkaishi (to put it simply, demons who wear human skin), and we were out on the streets looking for something to eat, since they were apparently hungry. We ended up going into some fast food place which seemed to be famous for its hamburgers, because as soon as we went in the leader of this particular group of Ayakashi started asking random people "Can I have a burger and fries?" Despite being the main antagonists of the show, apparently these Ayakashi weren't extremely smart.

I had to explain to the leader of the group that you had to ask someone behind the counter for the "burger and fries." Immediately after my saying this, an employee came behind the counter from a door, and proceeded to take the leader-Ayakashi's order. For some reason the leader suddenly seemed at least somewhat competent, because he placed the order for the hamburger in a polite and sophisticated manner. Immediately after he did so, the employee went back into the door and soon came out with a quadruple-decker hamburger on a plate. I wasn't really sure how the leader guy was going to eat it, and as he took it to a counter to eat it started tipping over, so I snatched an onion ring off. In case he had wanted it, I explained, "An onion. It's a really spicy vegetable, and I don't think you would like it."

The leader-Ayakashi appeared a bit dull again, because he put his burger on someone else's plate and started eating it layer by layer. To make it not sound complicated to this guy, I told him, "People will think it's really polite if you eat on your own plate. But don't ask them if you're being polite, because they don't like that."

After everyone in the group finished, we all packed into a truck someone I know owns and drove to my house. I can't remember what happened after that though.

I asked my friends at school today if I could have a burger and fries...

I'm still keeping track on my dreams in my journals (filled up the first one). Most aren't very exciting, but here's a pretty cool one I had last night that was pretty Hetaliariffic-

The dream started off with me being awoken by someone poking me. I turned around to see who it was and Austria, Switzerland and Germany were at the other end of my bed. Switzerland and Germany pointed their guns at me with Austria demanded that I handed over the 'secret files'. I told him that I had no idea what the secrets files were. Just as I finished talking, Denmark and Sweden burst into the room and began to fight the other nations. While everyone was distracted, I crawled out of my bed. I noticed a box full of manilla folders and assumed that they were the secret files. I grabbed them and left the room.

I walked through the hallway and into the living room, where Hungary was standing. She walked up to me and asked if I knew where to take the files. I told her that I had no idea and I wasn't sure if it was safe to leave my house because there were other nations trying to kill me. She replied "It isn't..." and drew out a fencing sabre. I dropped the box to pick up a pen that was on the table (it was a four-colour pen that had a slighty-transparent plastic case. Like this but white). We fought each other until she turned around and disappeared. I went back in my room to check to see how the other fight was going.

As I entered the hallway, I tripped over something and fell to my knees. Directly in front of me was Austria, who had been knocked unconscious. Denmark and Sweden were standing in the laundry, telling me to hide in there for now. I noticed Austria starting to wake up so I said something along the lines of "no... Not yet. If I go now he'll find you!" Austria started to advance towards me so both Denmark and I jumped on top of him to try and knock him unconscious again. However, I was too slow and somehow managed to punch Denmark in the face multiple times. I quickly apologized that he said that that it was fine and he was going to organise a meeting in my bedroom.

The dreams skips to a slightly later point of time in the future, where the meeting has just ended and it turned into a party or something. I was chatting to the Nordics and thanking Denmark and Sweden for helping me protect the files. I then noticed a group of my friends and went up to chat to them, but they didn't notice me and kept bitching about me in front of my face. I sat back in a corner next to Denmark and we chatted for a bit again. Then another one of my friends came and told me that she went hunting and bought me back a dead baby manatee as a souvineer. Then dream ended soon after that moment.
--
Most of my dreams these days feature one (or all) of these three things.
A) school or something school-related (either meeting a teacher somewhere or the dream being at my primary school)
B) me hanging out with fictional characters.
C) my friends betraying me, which often ends up in my dream turning into option B.

Last edited:
I had this dream a few weeks ago, but I still remember it.

I'm at my house, struggling to get my math homework done. Normally, it's not that hard, but I'm having a lot of trouble. The house is having electrical problems so all the lights very dim. I decide to give up on homework and take a shower.
*cut off*
I'm now in the car with my Dad and brother. We are currently on the highway/freeway thing. My Dad's lecturing my brother about how he should do his homework in order to get good grades. while he's lecturing, I'm feeling guilty because I forgot to do my math homework. He gets more and more into his yelling and he suddenly starts driving off the road, towards a building, still yelling. I'm yelling at my Dad to turn away from the building, but he ignores me. We hit the building. Rather than me waking up from the dream, I fly out of my body into a void. All I'm thinking is "astral projection" and how I finally succeed in having an out of body experience, oblivious that I'm actually dead. Then I woke up and I was like "wut?"

last night, no crap, i had a night of rerun dreams. one where my friend and i are climbing to the roof of a bilding (i think that may have happened though.) and one about reading manga. i once had this dream involving most of the cast of pokemon and inuyasha and kagome from inuyasha. i cant tell dreams from memorys, so it makes it a little odd.

Back
Top Bottom