• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Do you think the Anime sucks now?

DarkAura

loves terra "brain cells? idk her" kingdomhearts
Before i say anything, i want your god-honest opinion on each region.

Kanto;

Orange Islands;

Johto;

Hoenn;

Battle Frontier;

Sinnoh;

Unova;

Now, as you answer this, i shall start the seminar.

*ahem!* Now, I have been watching the Kanto episodes of Pokemon everyday on Boomerang. I just love them, i cannot get enough of them!

Now, here's how my saturday morning starts out;;;

Wake up in the morning feeling like a gamer.
Grab my Ds, I turn TVs on.
I'm gonna hit Nimbasa City.
Just stop, CartoonNetwork! (and then some other lyrics i dont know)

Best Wishes

Stop CartoonNetwork, just...stop!

First off, Ash is like, not a noob anymore. Even when he's not a noob, Iris still calls him a kid.

Bianca is...she's....dont get me started, PLEASE!

Dento is a stupid replacement for Brock.

Indigo Plateau

Now, let me look into like the Indigo Plateau series;;;

Ash is a total noob, and he's just...i dont know...he's actually a kid, and not some 25 year old adult in a kid wonderland. (plus his voice sounds more like a kid, how it's meant to be)

Misty is freaking awesome, and it was cool that Ash and Misty had crushes on each other, even if they hated each other's guts.

Brock, you awesome person! He's, the funny one, i guess.

Pikachu actually looked better than what their drawing him now.

Meowth and James had much better voice actors back then.

I just HATE CGI in anime, it just tears my little heart out!

The storyline actually had Ash just go right to a gym without thinking there's a chance he'll lose. (perfect for his noobish sense of adventure)

Psyduck....I LOVE psyduck, especially the episode where they were filming a movie, and when all the pokemon were kidnapped, misty said "Psyduck, no!"
and psyduck wasnt kidnapped. XD

The story is more relatable in kanto. I mean, a person on a jorney would have adventures like that. (without pokemon, but they could be in movies, surf a big wave, all that) That's probably why i love kanto the most.

So, answer the survey on top and tell me your opinion on each series.

Last edited:
Re: Why does the Anime suck so much now?

Actually, when I started watching Pokémon, Ash challenged the Battle Frontier. It was pretty good, and had FLYING SNOOOORLAX.

Well, i thought it STARTed getting bad at around BF. Ash's voice was terrible now.

I dont care much for hoenn though.

Sinnoh and Unova are god awful.

Numero uno, BF was AWESOME. And Ash's voice made him sound older, how he should sound after all these years. Number deux, FLYING SNOOOORLAAAX.

Minor Nitpicking: Cartoon Network doesn't do the dubbing; that would be Pokemon USA IIRC. Also the voice actors changed when 4Kids gave PUSA the dub rights, so that's not exactly under anyone's control. (Also even if they somehow got the old VA's back Meowth's VA sadly passed away)

Kanto; Kanto was lovely.

Orange Islands; Okay...I didn't like Tracey as much as Brock though.

Johto; I loved Johto!

Hoenn; Didn't watch much of Hoenn, but it was okay.

Battle Frontier; The only season we recorded, would've been better if they'd made that first Battle Pyramid episode into a movie because the plot on that thing was too epic to be constrained to half an hour. (Also, Ash, there totally isn't a Ho-oh in those ruins, you should know that) Am I the only one who doesn't mind the new voice actors?

Sinnoh; I don't actually remember much of Sinnoh (I think I stopped paying attention after aforementioned Battle Pyramid episode freaked me out...though now I love it so)

Unova; Okay I admittedly have not watched any of it but I've actually heard it's semi-okay!

Also, it makes sense Ash isn't a noob anymore, considering he's been through four leagues (five if you count the Orange Islands) plus a Battle Frontier.

EDIT: Screw your flying Snorlax, Ash made people's Pokeballs levitate away how is that not awesome.

When? But then Snorlax pwns Greta's Medicham with a Body Slam. Mass+Speed+Momentum=DESTRUCTION

I remember Meowth's VA passed away. *sniff*

Still, couldnt the other VA's come back? (did you know Ash's VA in kanto was a girl?)

Kanto;Fan-fucking-tastic

Orange Islands; I agree, brock is better than tracey.

Johto; AWESOME

Hoenn; Meh.

BF; slightly good

Sinnoh; god awful

Unova; slightly better than sinnoh, but still terrible.

Kanto: Nostalgia is a huge factor, but honestly looking back now a lot of the plots were just odd, the dubbing was weird in places, and the voices fluctuated wildly as did the compliance with the games' logic. Altogether I like it, though.

Orange Islands: Huge amount of nostalgia, man. I rather like Tracey and the islands were good for plot. Good overall.

Johto: Again, muchas nostalgias. It faltered around at times but whatevs.

Hoenn: Ehhhhhh. Cheesy but still alright, I guess. Max and May were interesting but I got tired of her crying all the time.

Battle Frontier: Interesting, again, with cool plotlines and evil Ash yes.

Sinnoh: Dear god. Dawn and her 'no need to worry's and her ridiculous friends and diamond dandruff and ugggh. And I'm sorry but POKéMON PINBALL!?! What the eff, man. A guilty pleasure, though, I guess.

Unova: A huge improvement, actually. Cilan is an interesting character if you can get past the bad food terms and I rather like Iris as well. The episodes are varied and interesting, and it's honestly, in my opinion, the most consistently good season since I don't know when.

=O

.....no way.....i never knew that Ash's new VA was a girl!...=O

I was hoping this thread would be about people elaborating why they think the anime's gotten worse, instead of a My Opinions, Let Me Show You Them thread. :(

I don't actually watch the anime, but I watch the movies, and I don't think there's been any noticeable change in their quality over the years (or rather, specifically, there is no trend either way; some of them are better than others, but there isn't a noticeable skew towards the good ones being early or late).

Last edited:

It would be because as Ash is adventuring in his dreams, his comatose brain is slowly deteriorating and will continue to do so until he is taken off life support.

That, or it's a combination of us all being older + nostalgia goggles for the old episodes.

I was hoping this thread would be about people elaborating why they think the anime's gotten worse, instead of a My Opinions, Let Me Show You Them thread. :(

I don't actually watch the anime, but I watch the movies, and I don't think there's been any noticeable change in their quality over the years (or rather, specifically, there is no trend either way; some of them are better than others, but there isn't a noticeable skew towards the good ones being early or late).

yeah, i probably made the title wrong, cause i kinda skewed away from what i wanted to write. sorry! if you want me to change the title, i'll be glad to.

K, just pointing this out, the Unova one has a slightly more direct story, at least as direct as it can. Team Rocket are actually doing something other than stalking Ash and failing. Meowth at this point has been booted from the gang and is travelling with ash and the gang.

Also it helps watching it in Japanese with english subs, makes Dent/Cilan actually cool (even if he is as annoying as Iris's reactions imply...)

The anime has always sucked. I mean, Pikachu defeats Ground-type Pokémon like Geodude, Onix and Cubone with Thunderbolt? But the first season sucked less...

I liked the first season better because Ash was a total n00b, Charizard didn't obey him, there was Misty, and even Brock was cooler.

I preferred Brock to Tracey as well. Tracey's Pokémon were kinda meh... A Venonat, a Marill and a crippled Scyther, not all that useful even though I love Scyther. The funny thing is that Tracey had his Brock moments when he drew pictures of girls lol...

I stopped watching during the Master Quest arc, because they put in too much filler crap and I lost interest, plus it was the time I realised how stupid the anime was. I only really watched the anime at that point to see my favourite Pokémon animated.

The best thing about the anime is undoubtedly Nurse Joy.

Last edited:
No, Meowth was lying. He's back on TR, just as planned.

And Ash/Satoshi has always been voiced by a woman. Rica is the best one.

And I think that the anime is fine. Sure, it's no masterpiece, but it never was. Everything is about the same quality, just with focus on different things.

Back
Top Bottom