Quote:
Originally Posted by Meursault View Post
offering to ref:

Format: 2v2 doubles
DQ: whatever
Damage cap: 40%
Banned moves: Metronome only
Arena: Moss Creek

A very shallow, but very wide creek. It's only a couple cm deep, but it keeps flowing steadily along. Rocks of varying size jut out from the bed, coated in patches of brownish-green moss. The banks of this creek are only vaguely defined, but there's not much interesting beyond them anyway: more rocks, yellow grass, and a wide open sky. What a beautiful view for you to ruin!

I don't particularly care if the battlers' Pokémon actually learn metronome or not, or if they're actually in your active squad, since metronome battles don't go in the db anyway.
I'll take it!

(For what it's worth, I actually do have something that gets Metronome.)

Last.fm

Quote:
uu: THIS IS WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT JAKE.
uu: IT IS WHY I HAVE TAKEN AN INTEREST IN YOU.
GT: Whys that?
uu: BECAUSE YOU'RE DUMB AS A BAG OF TEETH.
uu: I'VE CHECKED YOU OUT. FROM MANY DIFFERENT MONITORS.
uu: YOU ARE JUST. SPECTACULARLY UNINTELLIGENT.
GT: Hey!
uu: SETTLE DOWN. I WAS TRYING TO PAY YOU A COMPLIMENT.
GT: Oh. Whoops.
GT: Go on then.

Lemmy Kilmister
1945-2015
R.I.P.

\m/
Old 10-06-2015, 02:15 AM
I am the man who arranges the blocks.

Pronoun: they/her/hers
Meursault is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Challenge Board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keldeo View Post
I'll take this challenge! (Unless you wouldn't be fine with me using a Gourgeist or Lilligant, since I only have four Grass types?)
This challenge is still valid, but I'd actually appreciate it if prospective refs waited until after my battle with Byrus ends, just in case Dietrich gets to evolve. >.>
Old 10-10-2015, 06:58 PM
Snake Friend

Pronoun: He
Vipera Magnifica is on a distinguished road

I like the idea of teamwork in ASB, so I'm making this open challenge.

Format: 2+2 vs 2+2 doubles
Style: Set
DQ: One week
Damage Cap: 35%
Banned/Restricted Moves: OHKOs, Destiny Bond, Pain Split, Direct Recovery (except during break time), Chills limited to 3 per Pokémon
Arena Description: Team-building Exercises

The arena takes place in a stereotypical corporate office setting. The cubicle walls have been removed, and computer desks covered in financial reports and stock portfolios have been pushed aside to make room for a Pokémon battle. The walls are covered in pie charts and motivational posters, and on some desks are little trinkets and house plants.

Water from the water coolers is available for attacks that need a water source, and the indoor plants can be used for attacks that require plants, dirt, or rocks. The weather, however, cannot be affected inside the office building.

Any time both teammates use a move of the same type during an action, they increase their "synergy" and their critical hit domains will increase by one. This can only occur once per round.

Every fifth round is union mandated break time. Battlers will make their way to the break room where they can chat around the water cooler, drink coffee, and eat snacks from the company fridge. During this round, only self-targeting moves and moves that affect allies can be used. The move Snatch will not steal opponents' moves. Battlers can also use an action to eat a sandwich from the company fridge, restoring 5% health at the cost of no energy.
<Music_Dragon> well, it's a bit more complex than that.
<Eifie> yeah, I'm not so sure how much of that is real
<Veheeyem> Just imagine for a second though
<MF> people, you're being irrational
<Eifie> that's not a natural age
<Veheeyem> whoa take it easy, what's the root of all this negativity?
Old 10-10-2015, 09:39 PM
Fire emblem is great

Superbird is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Skype™ to Superbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipera Magnifica View Post

Banned/Restricted Moves: OHKOs, Destiny Bond, Pain Split, Direct Recovery (except during break time), Chills limited to 3 per Pokémon

The arena takes place in a stereotypical corporate office setting. The cubicle walls have been removed, and computer desks covered in financial reports and stock portfolios have been pushed aside to make room for a Pokémon battle. The walls are covered in pie charts and motivational posters, and on some desks are little trinkets and house plants.

Water from the water coolers is available for attacks that need a water source, and the indoor plants can be used for attacks that require plants, dirt, or rocks. The weather, however, cannot be affected inside the office building.

Any time both teammates use a move of the same type during an action, they increase their "synergy" and their critical hit domains will increase by one. This can only occur once per round.

Every fifth round is union mandated break time. Battlers will make their way to the break room where they can chat around the water cooler, drink coffee, and eat snacks from the company fridge. During this round, only self-targeting moves and moves that affect allies can be used. The move Snatch will not steal opponents' moves. Battlers can also use an action to eat a sandwich from the company fridge, restoring 5% health at the cost of no energy.
I have a bunch of open battle slots right now. I'll use this to fill one of them.

If I'm reffing your ASB battle, you can find my reffing scale in this document. Mostly it involves details on stat modifications and status conditions, as well as my interpretation of the damage formula, other clarifications regarding the specifics of certain attacks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokémon Showdown VGC
[02:22:35] +Superbird: ok seriously tho can I get some opinions on modern art
[02:22:42] +Superbird: its important
[02:23:18] @amr97: Modern art includes artistic works produced during the period extending roughly from the 1860s to the 1970s, and denotes the style and philosophy of the art produced during that era.
[02:23:20] @amr97: The term is usually associated with art in which the traditions of the past have been thrown aside in a spirit of experimentation.
[02:24:26] +Superbird: opinions, amr97, not definitions
[02:24:49] @amr97: oh
[02:24:52] @amr97: i don't get it
[02:24:56] @amr97: is my opinion
[02:25:04] +Superbird: oh ffs
[02:25:28] +Superbird: maybe i should give up and try a different room
[02:25:32] @amr97: probably tbh
[02:26:19] @SamVGC: i think this chatroom
[02:26:22] @SamVGC: is an art form
[02:26:26] @Dog-for-Dinner: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Opinions+on+Modern+Art
[02:26:47] +Superbird: dong-for-dinner that is not a thing to be goggled
[02:26:50] +Superbird: *dog
[02:26:51] +Superbird: *google
[02:27:02] @amr97: dong-for-dinner lmao
[02:27:07] @amr97: that had to be intentional
[02:27:18] +Superbird: 100% wasn't
[02:27:28] +Superbird: i'm so used to typing dingram's name that
[02:27:45] +Superbird: anything starting with the same first letter
[02:28:17] @Dog-for-Dinner: why is it not a thing to be googled
[02:28:23] @Dog-for-Dinner: google is the story of my high school
[02:28:33] +Superbird: you dont google opinions
[02:28:36] +Superbird: you google facts
[02:28:52] @Dog-for-Dinner: seems like a science student is trying to study humanities
[02:28:56] @Dog-for-Dinner: and is having a hard time
[02:29:00] +Superbird: ^
Old 10-11-2015, 12:17 PM
future Singaporean

Pronoun: he
Ether's Bane is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Skype™ to Ether's Bane

Quote:

Taking this as well.

Last.fm

Quote:
UU: oh bloody hell.
UU: THIS was yoUr "enchantment?"
UU: are yoU serioUs???????????
UU: UUUUUUUUUUUgh. this is yoUr shittiest twist yet!
uu: WELL PLAYED "SIS!"
uu: YOu CHECKMATED MY QuEEN!
uu: AAH! HAA! HAA! HAA! HAA! HAA! HAA! HAA!
uu: THIS IS SO FuCKING FuNNY.
UU: i am jUst astonished.
UU: not at the gUile of yoUr little ploy, bUt by the fact that yoU actUally seem to think this was a clever rUse.
UU: it is jUst so painfUlly daft, i...
UU: i am speechless!
uu: NEVER SAW SOMEONE SPEECHLESS. WHO HAD SO MuCH TO TYPE.
uu: I THOuGHT YOu OF ALL PEOPLE WOuLD APPRECIATE MY MODIFICATIONS.
uu: THE CROWNS ARE REALLY NICE AND WELL CRAFTED.
uu: FORM FITTING. HARDLY ADDING ANY HEIGHT.
uu: LIKE CAPPING.
uu: A TOOTH.
uu: YOu WERE COMPLETELY FOOLED.
uu: AND NOW THE COVETED PRANKSTER'S GAMBIT BETWEEN uS.
uu: BELONGS TO ME.
UU: this is absUrd.
UU: yoU nagged incessantly for me to allow yoU to reverse the starting positions of the king and qUeen!
UU: i only agreed to get yoU to shUt Up aboUt it, and regardless, i knew i coUld beat yoU anyway even with yoUr initial "advantage." and i was right!
UU: how can yoU claim this as a legitimate strategy?
UU: yoU broke the rUles!
uu: HEY! I DIDN'T BREAK ANY RuLES.
uu: I MERELY ASKED IF YOu WOuLD AGREE. TO ME SWAPPING THE START POSITIONS OF THE KING AND QuEEN.
uu: AND YOu DID AGREE.
uu: BuT THEN I DIDN'T ACTuALLY DO IT.
uu: WHEN DID I SAY I WOuLD? NEVER.
uu: I WAS ONLY GAuGING YOuR WILLINGNESS TO MAKE THE EXCEPTION.
uu: I THEN WENT ABOuT DECORATING MY KING AND QuEEN WITH NICE LITTLE HATS.
uu: WHICH IS *ALSO* NOT AGAINST THE RuLES.
uu: YOu DO IT ALL THE FuCKING TIME. GIVE YOuR GAME PIECES HORNS AND SHIT.
uu: YOu EVEN GIVE THEM NAMES AND BLOOD CASTES. YuCK.
uu: SO IF YOu HAVE A PROBLEM WITH MY DECORATIONS. I SAY POT. ALLOW ME TO INTRODuCE YOU TO THE FuCKING KETTLE.

Lemmy Kilmister
1945-2015
R.I.P.

\m/
Old 10-11-2015, 07:47 PM
Back in black.

Lord of the Fireflies is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

sounds nice! i'll pitch in!
Old 10-18-2015, 04:35 AM
Beauty, brawn and Frontier Brains.

M&F has disabled reputation

Might as well have one low-pressure thing going on.

Format: 2v2
DQ: 1 month
Damage Cap: 49%
Banned/Restricted Moves: Direct recovery, Pain Split, any moves that instantly faint a battler (Explosion, OHKOs, Destiny Bond, Perish Song, etc.), Attract. Chills are restricted to 7 per Pokémon.
Arena: Derelict Ship

I'm sure it must have been a cool arena that these two trainers must have originally been planning to fight in, if it was only accessible by boat. What a shame, then, that it turns out that a quick Metronome Battle doesn't really make for a good way to pass the time in a marine trip. Fortunately -- or, perhaps, disappointingly -- the ship is still standing; however, avoiding the increasingly distressful seas has ultimately led to it being rammed against the shallows. The crew has evacuated in an orderly fashion, using lifeboats efficiently enough that many were left on board... But instead of going home, the trainers suddenly the decided that the abandoned vessel actually made for one sick arena, too.

The fight will take place aboard a ship that lies trapped in shallow water, standing perfectly straight despite a gaping hole in the bottom of the hull. The battlers will begin from the upper deck, with access to the lower deck below via a flight of stairs, and then to the cargo hold via another, each taking about an action to climb down for a Pokémon of average speed and with adequate limbs for the motion. Of course, holes through the floor can work just as well as means of locomotion across the decks. It's also possible to take the fight all the way to the shallows, providing even a good chance to disturb the maritime wildlife (although it may furiously retaliate if sufficiently provoked -- you never know if there are Gyarados in the water!).

Additional Rules: Sleep will only be successfully induced once against each team (arena effects aren't affected by this restriction and don't trigger it).

#cometobabahl
(click colias -- you know you want to -- for asb profile)
Old 10-18-2015, 04:40 AM
but is a sheep entering.

Meowth is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperor_Evulz View Post
I'M CALLING YOU OUT SANDFROIDISH, TO SUMMER SLAM!

Format: 5 v 5, single
DQ: 2 weeks
Damage Cap: 25%, not including traps or enemies
Banned/Restricted Moves: No OTK or direct recovery moves, no floating pokemon (including moves like Magnet Rise, we don't want this place to get too safe!)
Arena Description: Sen's Funhouse (obligatory theme song)

YOU DIED

Welcome to the house of fun! Sen's Fortress is an ancient castle looming right next to an undead church and a blacksmith, and hovers right over a large garden of death; it is infamous among players for being filled to the brim with traps such as giant axe pendulums on narrow walkways, pressure plates that trigger powerful arrows all over the place, even right at the entrance(hence the fanname "Funhouse Welcome Button") Indiana Jones-esque boulder chases, giants hurtling large explosives, elevators that kick you off with spiked roofs if you stay on them too long, and snake men. Lots and lots of snake men. It is dark and maze-like, with numerous floors and enemies, and is often the point in where new players just give up.

YOU DIED AGAIN

So obviously this is the perfect place for one hell of a haphazard battle! The battle will begin on the thin bridges near the beginning; the one with death pendulums and a snake woman throwing lighting in the background; obviously falling off would be disastrous, as the basement floor is sticky with tar, and thus difficult to move. Also, there are gigantic Titanite Demons that can most certainly one-shot a bitch, which is just more of an incentive to not fall off! Fortunately, all these enemies are too large for the cagevators, so they'll stay put if you escape.

There are also hanging cages everywhere, making them the perfect way to escape. The act "Ride a cage!" counts as an action, and can be used as a quick escape if one is nearby and you're in a pinch. If you ride a cage you can hop off at any point until you hit the roof (watch out for those spikes!) If both players decide to ride a cage, then they can still attack each other while going up or down, and even maybe destroy their cage. with enough pain.

YOU DIED AGAIN (AGAIN)

The snake men are tall, long, and scary; the males carry huge cleavers and shields, while the women shoot lightning at a distance. They do not care for any species of pokemon; they only want your blood, so Selvipers and Arboks won't get out of a fight! The males are resistant to all physical attacks (we'll just say they have high base defense and attack) and do large damage, but crumble to any magical attack (low special stats and HP, with moderate speed). For the sake of ease we'll say one special attack is enough to kill them, if you're a physical attacker you're better off trying to push them off the edge. The females have no such resistance, but their lightning can most certainly knock you back to the basement, where Titanite Demons wait for you in their basement. Speaking of the basement of fun, the Titanite Demons have high stats in all regards; they can be defeated, but they're huge, have a large hit radius, and are highly resistant to almost anything; you're better off hitching a ride with a cage to escape their fun, assuming the tar doesn't cling on you hard enough. There are two giants on the upper roofs of Sen's Fortress; one that launches explosives all over the upper floors, and one that drops the boulders for the hallways. And don't think they'll run out any time soon, because thanks to the power of the Lords they have infinite supplies. They're strong and have a lot of hp, but are slow as butts, so for a fast pokemon they shouldn't be a problem. If either of them are killed, then the streams of boulders or bombs stop obviously; they're too big and heavy for anything but the giants.

U DED

Now here comes the fun part! If you throw a stone in a corridor in the Funhouse odds are it'll come to the other side as a pin cushion and flat. Pressure plates are sprinkled out everywhere; to the unwary they'll do massive damage (5% normal-type damage for each arrow), but they can also be used by the clever to kill the snake men and their opponents. Once a plate has been stepped on it takes a while for it to rise again. As for the boulders, they'll do a large amount of rock-type damage (8%), so brace for impact with Protect! Near the top floor of the Funhouse (not the roof) is a control mechanism to redirect the stream of rocks, so again to the clever this can be quite a boon. Speaking of the clever, the Funhouse most certainly has seen it's better days; it's quite easy to break the walls and floors with a bit of elbow grease and a lot of muscle, so you can escape a rocky death if you're fast enough. The pendulums do a bit of damage (3%?), but the real threat are the big boyz at the basement.

And speaking of big boy, the father of them all is the Iron Golem, the boss of the dungeon. He's nonhostile until you entire his arena, at which he'll slaughter both trainer's pokemon without hesitation. He's very weak in the heels, so tripping him say over a cliff is one way to kill him. You could take him head-on, y'know, If you're stupid.

For the sake of simplicity, there are no NPCs, so no Onion Bro, Crestfallen Merchant, Black Iron Tarkus, or Richard to worry about.

Also because we're not denizens of the Dark Souls universe (thank fuck for that) there's no benefit from killing enemies and obtaining their souls, except to clear a way or stop an onslaught.

Thankfully, us trainers are in hoverboards and can completely go through solid walls and objects , so we'll never lose site of our pokemon and will be unfazed by any enemy attack or trap.

I fully expect the traps and enemies to kill us more than the actual battle. This is less of a test of skills and more of an exercise in masochism.

YOU

FUCKING

DIED

Tl;DR: Sen's Fortress is an old castle with pressure plates, swinging axes, demons, snakemen, cages that can be used as elevators, boulders, giants, and a robot golem as a boss. Expect to die alot.

Reference points for a referee:

http://darksouls.wikidot.com/sen-s-fortress

Guide of Sen's Fortress

(We can talk about any point if you feel like something's off, of course)
all my souls sigstuff seems to have gone through now so I guess I can finally accept this one!

bleeding but hole ahead
Old 10-20-2015, 03:11 AM
sobble squad

I liek Squirtles is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Skype™ to I liek Squirtles

I want a quick thing, and I have a slot left over, so this is perfect.

Style: Set.
DQ: Two weeks.
Damage Cap: 40%
Banned/Restricted Moves: Direct recovery limited to 1 per battler, Pain Split, any moves that instantly faint a battler, Attract, Confusion.
Arena Description: The Holoplain

The arena, at first glance, looks like any old grassy plain. However, from the second round on, each Trainer may aesthetically change the arena in whatever way they wish. One round it can be the brim of a hat, the next a casino, and the following a corn flake, but they are all mechanically the same arena. Anything that an attack may need (water, rocks, etc.) will materialize from seemingly nowhere and go back whence it came once the attack is executed.

There is a pattern for the arena-swapping: Trainer who accepts the challenge, then yours truly, then the challenge-accepter, etc.

Additional Rules: Each Trainer will PM their ref their opponent's first Pokemon.

~*tumblr~

Haikus

これは俳句ではありません。
私は日本語が話せません。
翻訳機を使っていますか?-VM

Old 10-20-2015, 04:13 AM
Fire emblem is great

Superbird is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Skype™ to Superbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by I liek Scythers View Post
I want a quick thing, and I have a slot left over, so this is perfect.

Banned/Restricted Moves: Direct recovery limited to 1 per battler, Pain Split, any moves that instantly faint a battler, Attract, Confusion.
Arena Description: The Holoplain

The arena, at first glance, looks like any old grassy plain. However, from the second round on, each Trainer may aesthetically change the arena in whatever way they wish. One round it can be the brim of a hat, the next a casino, and the following a corn flake, but they are all mechanically the same arena. Anything that an attack may need (water, rocks, etc.) will materialize from seemingly nowhere and go back whence it came once the attack is executed.

There is a pattern for the arena-swapping: Trainer who accepts the challenge, then yours truly, then the challenge-accepter, etc.

Additional Rules: Each Trainer will PM their ref their opponent's first Pokemon.
I believe I have a spare slot. This looks like a bunch of fun.

If I'm reffing your ASB battle, you can find my reffing scale in this document. Mostly it involves details on stat modifications and status conditions, as well as my interpretation of the damage formula, other clarifications regarding the specifics of certain attacks.
Old 10-26-2015, 04:32 AM
Dirty minds think alike~

Pronoun: She
Wargle is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey I have a bad idea and a battle slot, let's combine the two!

Format: 1v1
Banned/Restricted Moves: Direct recovery limited to 4 per battler, Pain Split, any moves that instantly faint a battler, Attract
Arena Description: WWE SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUPERSLAAAAAM

AVAILABLE ON PAY-PER-VIEW FOR THE LOW LOW PRICE OF $59.99!

WILL JOHN CENA DEFEND HIS TITLE? WILL IT BE STOLEN AWAY BY THE UNDERTAKER? WILL I LET MY SHIFT KEY TAKE A BREAK? THESE QUESTIONS AND MORE WILL BE ANSWERED THIS SUNDAY NIGHT ON WWE SUUUUUPERSLAAAAAM! AVAILABLE FOR THE LOW LOW PRICE OF $49.99

This main event battle will take place live on television before millions of fans! Before the battle, each battler enters the ring to their signature theme music before giving out the customary pre-fight taunts. Then they finally get down to business. Fighting. The ring is a basic wrestling arena, a ring in the middle, surrounded by concrete floors, surrounded by 21,000 screaming fans.

Additional Rules:
  • Only Pokemon that are part Fighting type may be used.
  • Because of the screaming of the crowd, sound moves don't work as well, having their accuracy dropped by 20% because of the shortened range. Round and Echoed Voice are an exception, both getting the equivalent of a one stage boost.
  • Every round, there's a 20% chance a (randomized) fighting type will come into the ring and use a randomized attack it learns on one of the battlers. (This can be any fighting type of any stage, legendaries included.)
  • Battler's PM the ref their choice of Pokemon and it's music for its big entrance.

Last edited by Wargle; 10-26-2015 at 04:39 AM.
Old 10-26-2015, 05:14 AM
groove out!

Pronoun: they or she
Zhorken is an unknown quantity at this point

Ref test battle for Bobino; needs one advanced/elite mentor ref and one other battler.

--------------

2vs2 Single
Style: Switch
Banned Moves: None
Terrain: ASB Central Stadium

Although designed to be a state-of-the-art battling facility and located at the very heart of ASB Central's battle district, ASB Central Stadium actually sees very little use. Most battlers prefer the infinite variety of the holodrome's simulated arenas to the basic, if impressive, stadium field, and official tournaments tend to feature tours of other regions rather than a homefield brawl. There is one advantage to the stadium, though--its proximity to the holodrome grants it access to a full range of simulation options, allowing trainers to trick out their team to whatever extent they like before battling.

There's nothing much to say about the battlefield: it's a large, rectangular arena covered in astroturf. A circular pool will open in its center if a Pokémon requiring water to move around in is sent out. In this arena, Pokémon can summon absolutely anything they need for their attacks: tidal waves, boulders, and so on are in ready supply.

Other: This battle takes place between a referee and one other member. The referee will use their own team of Pokémon, but the other battler may choose either to use their own team OR choose any six nonlegendary Pokémon with any items and abilities to use for this fight. In the former case, their Pokémon gain experience as normal. In the latter case, they may choose to apply the experience earned by their rental Pokémon, minus one point, to their team in any manner that they choose.

The prizes for this battle are $20 to the winner, $10 to the loser, and $15 to the referee. This battle does not fill a battle slot for the mentoring referee.
Old 10-26-2015, 09:18 AM
oh man, good times.

Pronoun: she
Eifie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhorken View Post
Ref test battle for Bobino; needs one advanced/elite mentor ref and one other battler.

--------------

2vs2 Single
Style: Switch
Banned Moves: None
Terrain: ASB Central Stadium

Although designed to be a state-of-the-art battling facility and located at the very heart of ASB Central's battle district, ASB Central Stadium actually sees very little use. Most battlers prefer the infinite variety of the holodrome's simulated arenas to the basic, if impressive, stadium field, and official tournaments tend to feature tours of other regions rather than a homefield brawl. There is one advantage to the stadium, though--its proximity to the holodrome grants it access to a full range of simulation options, allowing trainers to trick out their team to whatever extent they like before battling.

There's nothing much to say about the battlefield: it's a large, rectangular arena covered in astroturf. A circular pool will open in its center if a Pokémon requiring water to move around in is sent out. In this arena, Pokémon can summon absolutely anything they need for their attacks: tidal waves, boulders, and so on are in ready supply.

Other: This battle takes place between a referee and one other member. The referee will use their own team of Pokémon, but the other battler may choose either to use their own team OR choose any six nonlegendary Pokémon with any items and abilities to use for this fight. In the former case, their Pokémon gain experience as normal. In the latter case, they may choose to apply the experience earned by their rental Pokémon, minus one point, to their team in any manner that they choose.

The prizes for this battle are $20 to the winner, $10 to the loser, and $15 to the referee. This battle does not fill a battle slot for the mentoring referee.
Me, me! This time I hope my young padawan shall not disappear on me after two rounds...

Old 10-26-2015, 09:25 PM
sandslash sandpan

Pronoun: they / them
sanderidge is an unknown quantity at this point

:o may I be the other battler?

sandshrewnoibatsandshrew-alola
Old 10-26-2015, 09:30 PM
oh man, good times.

Eifie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faorzia View Post
:o may I be the other battler?
Ooh, let's go! Bobino, feel free to put up the thread whenever you're ready.

Old 10-27-2015, 05:07 AM
Egg

Pronoun: it
Guestrodon is an unknown quantity at this point

2vs2 Single
Banned Moves: OHKOs, Destiny Bond, Pain Split, Direct Recovery, Attract, Sleep inflicting moves, Chills limited to 3 per Pokémon
Terrain: A Rainy City Street by Keldeo

A typical narrow street in a typical urban area, flooded by incessant rain. All the normal effects of rain apply, but Fire moves also have a 25% chance to fizzle out and fail, and due to the inherent conductivity of the area, all Electric moves have their base damage increased by 2% and their base energy decreased by 1%. In addition, at the end of every round, one of the following things will happen:

10% chance: Thunderbolt, damage calculated as if it were used by a fully evolved Electric type with no experience, hits one Pokemon. It will not strike the same Pokemon twice, so if all Pokemon on the field have been hit when this is rolled, nothing happens.

10% chance: A sudden gust of wind deals 3% Flying damage to all Pokemon, dealing 5% to Pokemon currently in the air and knocking them down unless they are inherently flying/hovering.

10% chance: A street sign or other implement topples from the force of the rain, dealing 4% Steel damage to all Pokemon.

10% chance: The rain lessens to a drizzle for the next round. There is no Electric boost, Fire moves cannot fizzle out, all HP recovery from rain is lessened by 1/2, Swift Swim Pokemon are only 1.5x as fast, Water moves are boosted by 1.25x, Fire moves and Solar Beam are decreased by .75x, and Weather Ball is only boosted by 1.5x.

30% chance: A flash flood sweeps through the area. Between rounds, Pokemon under 1 meter tall must expend 2% energy to avoid the water, while those over 1 meter tall take 2% Water damage from the buffeting waves. Water Pokemon and Pokemon currently in the air are exempt from this damage. If this effect is rolled, there is an additional 50% chance that the next round must be spent evacuating to a safer place for a battle (turn order is preserved in this case, but a new effect is rolled, and status and other effects worsen as they normally would).

30% chance: The rain strengthens to heavy rain (identical to the effects of Primordial Sea) for the next round. In addition, every Pokemon on the field takes 1% Water damage per action, and the Electric boost is increased to 3% base damage and 2% decrease in base energy.

Last edited by Eifie; 12-16-2015 at 06:07 PM. Reason: fixing the weird line breaks
Old 10-31-2015, 05:45 AM
Caterpie

Bobino is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eifie View Post
Ooh, let's go! Bobino, feel free to put up the thread whenever you're ready.
DONE!

Sorry for the delay, I was on vacation, and actually just saw I passed the quiz now. I'm super-psyched, thanks for helping me with this battle, you two!
Old 10-31-2015, 08:02 AM
Vinyl Scratch

Zero Moment is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to Zero Moment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargle View Post
Hey I have a bad idea and a battle slot, let's combine the two!

Format: 1v1
Banned/Restricted Moves: Direct recovery limited to 4 per battler, Pain Split, any moves that instantly faint a battler, Attract
Arena Description: WWE SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUPERSLAAAAAM

AVAILABLE ON PAY-PER-VIEW FOR THE LOW LOW PRICE OF $59.99!

WILL JOHN CENA DEFEND HIS TITLE? WILL IT BE STOLEN AWAY BY THE UNDERTAKER? WILL I LET MY SHIFT KEY TAKE A BREAK? THESE QUESTIONS AND MORE WILL BE ANSWERED THIS SUNDAY NIGHT ON WWE SUUUUUPERSLAAAAAM! AVAILABLE FOR THE LOW LOW PRICE OF $49.99

This main event battle will take place live on television before millions of fans! Before the battle, each battler enters the ring to their signature theme music before giving out the customary pre-fight taunts. Then they finally get down to business. Fighting. The ring is a basic wrestling arena, a ring in the middle, surrounded by concrete floors, surrounded by 21,000 screaming fans.

Additional Rules:
  • Only Pokemon that are part Fighting type may be used.
  • Because of the screaming of the crowd, sound moves don't work as well, having their accuracy dropped by 20% because of the shortened range. Round and Echoed Voice are an exception, both getting the equivalent of a one stage boost.
  • Every round, there's a 20% chance a (randomized) fighting type will come into the ring and use a randomized attack it learns on one of the battlers. (This can be any fighting type of any stage, legendaries included.)
  • Battler's PM the ref their choice of Pokemon and it's music for its big entrance.
Wow, nobody's taken this yet? It's time, to d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-duel!
Originally Posted by Benuty
Baby jesus would hardly be offended by Lgbt people marrying after all he is .... baby jesus.
No. Baby Jesus will be very sad and he will cry. Do you want to make baby Jesus cry?
Old 11-01-2015, 01:40 AM
up to no good

Totodile is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superbird View Post
I have a bunch of open battle slots right now. I'll use this to fill one of them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether's Bane View Post
Taking this as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of the Fireflies View Post
sounds nice! i'll pitch in!
Everything has been so slow lately, so I'll grab this one! Any preferences as to how battlers should be organized?
Old 11-01-2015, 01:56 AM
Snake Friend

Vipera Magnifica is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totodile View Post
Everything has been so slow lately, so I'll grab this one! Any preferences as to how battlers should be organized?
LotF and I would like to work together, since we are already in two battles against each other.