• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

EarthBound/MOTHER fans, unite~

Shiny Grimer

Pronoun
she/her, they/them
Let's see how many EB/Mother fans are here at TCoD. Hopefully the non-scary kind. Fuzzy Pickles, anyone?

So I played EarthBound December '07 and it made my Top Three list for videogames. It's just so awesome. One of the best games I've ever played. I won Mother 3 in an eBay bid and it should come in a week. It should be awesome, even with a translation guide. (screw the english patch, I have auburn hair! >D) One day when I own a NES, I'll have order EarthBound 0 from NES Reproductions so that I can properly play it.

What do you think of this *amazing* game series? I'd say it's worth playing, even if the first part of EarthBound is horrendous, it's worth it for the rest of the game. Jeff is awesome~

First part of EB isn't THAT bad. It's just not blue enough. But I digress. Jeff is awesome- Heavy Bazooka is ridiculous. Ness is a tank, and Paula kills crap. But Poo? Why can't he do something better than the others? He gets... Healing Omega and Starstorm to himself. Starstorm takes too much PP to be useful anyway, so that leaves him with Healing Omega. Poor guy.

fffffff earthbound is awesome
mother is difficult :I
i haven't played mother 3 yet, i'm waiting for the english patch :'(

I love them. :3 Paticulary MOTHER 3! Though it probably makes me seem a bit scary or impatient, since I only played through with the Menu Patch and a walkthrough. Can't wait to play it again in English, though. All the progress with the fan translation just makes you really excited.

I've completed EB and MOTHER 3, and I'm only really at the beginning of MOTHER/EB0, but I'm determined that I'll finish it eventually. I also really like it's music, even if it is 8bit. Retro music is just awesome and nostalgic, you know?

My favourite characters are probably Jeff, Kuma, the Tendas, Pokey and Lloyd, though there's so many awesome ones. Oh, and isn't it silly how the Smash Bros. series always gets everything wrong? Seriously, if they wanted Kuma and Paula's attacks, they should've just put Kuma and Paula in.

All together now:

Take a melody,
Simple as can be,
Give it some words, and,
Sweet harmony
Raise your voices!
All day long now, love grows strong now
Sing a melody of
Love, oh love.

I LOVE that song...

Oh, and isn't it silly how the Smash Bros. series always gets everything wrong? Seriously, if they wanted Kuma and Paula's attacks, they should've just put Kuma and Paula in.

well... ness doesn't exactly have a large amount of psi abilities that could be utilised in ssb
i don't get why they didn't give ness psi rockin as his final smash though
and lucas doesn't have pk love as his final smash wtf :I

I played Earthbound. Haven't played Mother, and I'm waiting for an english version of Mother 3.

But Poo? Why can't he do something better than the others? He gets... Healing Omega and Starstorm to himself. Starstorm takes too much PP to be useful anyway, so that leaves him with Healing Omega. Poor guy.

Poo is awesome. You just need to get all his equipment and level him up to a decent level. You may have a little trouble getting the Sword of Kings though. Super Starmen have a 1/128 chance of dropping it. Took me THREE ****ing hours to get it.

Haven't played EB yet, but I'm going to as soon as it comes out on VC. :D

I've managed to spoil the whole game for me by watching a playthrough of it on YouTube though, so I at least know who everyone is/does/can do.

Yay Mother. :D My first (second? :x) RPG was EarthBound on SNES, which I bought from Blockbuster after I got a SNES for my third birthday. I loved it, and then forgot about it for nine years. But yeah, I loved it. I'd like to play Mother and Mother 3, but my parents are adverse to eBay and the only way I can think of playing either is by getting Mother 1+2 and Mother 3. Guess I'll have to wait for a localization, if it ever happens.

I love Starmen. In fact, I think I bought EarthBound mostly because of the cover with the awesome-looking Starman on it. As for favorite characters, Ness is king.

Last edited:
YES! YES! YES!

Erhem. I am a huge nonscary fan. I've only played Earthbound and Mother 3, though.

Gee, not much else to talk about.

I'm not talking about Starmen the robots, but Starmen.net. That website and some of the people there bother me. I do appreciate their efforts to bring EB to the Virtual Console and I even participated in PK Tube'n, but it seems like it's not going to be enough, which is a shame after years of petitioning. Apparently, legal problems are what's preventing the game from being released. D:

Also, you can get around eBay by using *shifty eyes* ROMs and emulators, but if your parents don't like those either, I guess if you own a NES, you could go to NES Reproductions and order a cartridge of EarthBound 0. As for Mother 3, PlayAsia's been out of stock for months.

It's great to know that there are so many fans here at TCoD. We should start a club. :3

I played Earthbound. Haven't played Mother, and I'm waiting for an english version of Mother 3.

Poo is awesome. You just need to get all his equipment and level him up to a decent level. You may have a little trouble getting the Sword of Kings though. Super Starmen have a 1/128 chance of dropping it. Took me THREE ****ing hours to get it.

I HAVE the equipment. Ness still is better- Luck. Guts.

I like it from what I've heard of it. If it comes out on the VC, I will beg my parents nonstop for it.

I've played a ROM before, but it never saved.

Well, I played the start of Earthbound and never liked it. However, I absolutely love the characters and the story of the Mother games, and watched a playthrough of EB on Youtube. When the Mother 3 translation is released, I do plan to play it though.

So yeah, I don't like playing the game but I love everything else about the series. Weird, I know.

I really want to play Earthbound. I downloaded a ROM and everything, but I just lack the attention span even though I know I'll love it. Maybe if it were possible to play it off the computer I'd be more compelled to play. The computer just holds so many distractions.

I read about the games and such though and I loveee that so yes. I will try to play Mother 3 when the translation comes out.. but I really wish I was more of a gamer so I could enjoy this series to its fullest. D:

So yeah, I don't like playing the game but I love everything else about the series. Weird, I know.
Yeah, the battle system (namely the point of view it uses) sucks. Other than that, I liked EarthBound and played it through. Mother 3 looks better.

I love Earthbound. <3

Can't wait for Mother 3. I'm passing the time by doing multiple Earthbound runs in ym spare time. And the EBFGP. :3

And concerning Poo, He has PSI Magnet, meaning he can heal hs PP to Heal and Lifeup better then Ness constantly.

I do like Jeff though. And Tony. Itoi is so clever.

If anybody is playing Earthbound for the first time, don't you worry your pretty little heads. It might seem odd, and Auto fight make take care of most things when you're strong enough, but you can't just breeze through it. Stick around, talk to people. Humor is one of its most redreeming factors. For example:

"I give you Mr. Saturn coin.
I no give you Stag Beetle.
No, no, kidding!"

"You want sell things at me?..."
"Which of you carry this burden?"

And much more! Coming to the Topolla near you.

Back
Top Bottom