• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

I give it a week, two weeks tops

Would it be wrong of me to say that this is damn near the /sexiest/ drawing I've seen in a long time?

And you do a damn good Sugimori-style art, to boot.

You are amaaaazing why are you so amazing D:

I DON'T KNOW, HALP D:

<3 Thank you~

Ahhhh those wargles are so awesome. Seriously. The poses - especially the closer one with the perspective and foreshortening are just SO GOOD. And the colours are like eyecandy x1000. ; ; I love it so much ahhh.

Thank yoouuu, you spoil me :D I'm really loving the colors too, because usually I don't think I put any thought into them. Actually I don't think I put much thought into them this time, either. But they work well together anyway!

Your artwork is beautiful. I really love all of the work with more "sketchy" and less defined outlines. They are absolutely immense.

Thanks <3 Yeah, I've decided I really like leaving the lineart rough like that.

It sketches on paper and colours on photoshop, except for rare occasions when it does both on photoshop or both on paper.

There we go. Because hahahaha Kratos drawing lineart on the computer or remembering how to use colored pencils from forever ago.

But but but Photoshop does not do lines that clear. :(
I swear.

Lines? Not sure what you're asking, because there uh weren't any lines that Photoshop made. Just color. All the lines are pencil.

um um uh nothing else /new/ new per se but there are these fakemon I made that aren't on display on the Phoenixdex yet for reasons :o speshul surprise!

valazman.png
marvelisk.png

Valazman and marvelisk, fighting and dragon respectively. They're like milotic only for tough and cool contests. Originally I was going to make marvelisk all ornate and fancy but then the sketch... didn't... look like that. Then I thought that a bunch of frills would just look like trying too hard, so I decided to run with more of a "cool is just an attitude" and now it's just a jerk proud and over self-confident! It needs cool sunglasses or something. Totally. Because that wouldn't make it look like a pompous ass at all.

Valazman is just "imma eet j00" and I don't think it needs any more explanation. :V

Oh my gooood valazman is so cute. ; ; It's like an ursaring/houndoom mix but. SO CUTE. I think that's my favourite of your mans. Idk it's done so well. Idkkkk I love it. <333 It's also coloured really well. Yeps.

Valazman is not cute.

quimpy.png

This is cute.

No seriously I think it's the cutest thing I've ever drawn ever and it makes me go "awww, don't cry, have a hug" literally every time I look at it. ME. Agh.

uh I mean here! Have a quimpy. It's the fighting-feebas-thing that evolves into valazman, only it's better than feebas because it is cute instead of ugly. It cries a lot, though. It's a pansy. But it's an adorable pansy so I forgive it.

Also here, have a lamanda (dragon-feebas-cool-thing). It's really boring and dull and uninteresting, but then again I suppose that is kind of the point!

lamanda.png

omfg you guys I drew another person O:

voltaire.png

Voltaire! He specializes in electric-types and is the New Logoran champion! Also he is blind! The adorable electric bat currently suspended from his sleeve is a transmite; normally it sort of perches on his shoulder and basically acts like one of these (insert vague distracting handwave "it's pokémon" explanation that makes that at least marginally scientifically okay), so Voltaire doesn't walk into walls and shit. Oh, and uh, it sort of comes in handy when he needs to actually know what his opponents are trying to do in their futile attempt to avoid being steamrollered by his distrike. You know, that terrifying death-dealing bastard lovechild of garchomp and magnezone from a few posts back.

Valazman is not cute.

quimpy.png

This is cute.

No seriously I think it's the cutest thing I've ever drawn ever and it makes me go "awww, don't cry, have a hug" literally every time I look at it. ME. Agh.

Excuse me while I try to form coherent words to describe that.
...nope. Can't. AWWWWWDOOBYCHWABABOOBZZZBM or something.

also Kratos you are a drawing god you should draw everything ever

hey yo you guys help a brother out

I'm doing this "advent calendar challenge" thing on another forum where you get twelve prompts from other people and do art/writingstuff with those prompts by the 31st. I haven't done... anything, really—only just started on one of the fic ones today—and at this point it's not looking like I'll make it, but I still want to try as soon as I have more time! And seeing as I only have five right now (though I don't think anyone actually has twelve, lol), that means I need seven more prompts! So! Prompt me some artstuff, you guys! It can be just about anything, but be aware that a) no serious sex/pr0n/shipping/romance/buh because that makes me hurl, b) I suck at complicated machinery, c) no these are not requests, d) these will probably just be pencil sketches because low on time and e) I reserve the right to horribly mangle anything involving a fandom I know nothing about (safe fandoms: Pokémon, Golden Sun, Tales of Symphonia, Phoenix Wright, Harry Potter, a couple of Fire Emblem games, and other stuff I'm forgetting so try me? mangling would probably be funnier, though). Or you could prompt something original, it doesn't have to be fancrap. Like just a dragon or something, I don't know and I don't care. Go wild! Prompt me! Give me stuff to do! I'm also still looking for writing prompts (go here if you want to suggest one of those) so I can't guarantee I'll use seven art prompts (if I get that many), but prompt me anyway I need ideas. Yes. If I don't finish everything by New Year's Eve then I'll probably still do the really interesting stuff anyway, btw.

(parentheses)

Oh and also! If you have an art thread and you give me a prompt or something, I will totally go concrit your art or... or something! I'm normally not big on the whole "trade comments for stuff" thing, and I'm making it a pseudo new year's resolution to comment moar in general anyway, but I need prompts and if the promise of actual attention is enough to entice said prompts out of you then so be it! Pretty please? :D

oh and uh here, have a wargle I drew for my website layout or something.

WargleScreechFullTrim.jpg

now prompt meeeee

Last edited:
Why are you pictures so awesome, Kratos.

Why.

Your wargle pictures are made of pure awesome and win and delicious eyecandy and wargleblargle and awesome and I'm out of adjectives just insert synonyms of "awesome" here 'kay thanks.

Prompts! Uh. Draw some velociraptors terrorizing New York City. And it will be super awesome because velociraptors are, like, knee-high.

And for the next one draw velociraptors flying jet planes. While bombing Nazis.

And for the next one draw velociraptors in space.

I dunno.

LeetHaxorus.jpg

Riptusk always knew that he wasn't like the other haxorus. All that violent slashing and cutting and stabbing never really appealed to him--okay, maybe just a little--and instead he found that he enjoyed doing some hacking of an entirely different sort.

/awful, awful, awful pun

/awful pun that probably wasn't worth staying up past five in the morning to finish

/possibly an interesting character idea, though, dunno

/still an awful pun

/will get on that "comment moar" resolution soon I swear to god

/ninja out and abandon thread for indefinite period of time

.../fucking AWFUL pun

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom