• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Obsessive Scribblers Awards Night

I'll deal with the food-snatchers. *HitmonArmy arrives and drags off the food-snatchers*

Alas, I cannot enter because my printer (Aka my scanner) desided to have a hissy fit and not work.. Also, I don't have time, because we have this extra homework thing and if you do it all four times you get a medal. Since I've done it three times already, I might as well do it again and get the shiny medal. This means I have A: No time to draw then photo then upload, and B: I can't draw then scan.

So yeah, I'll just keep the food-snatchers away

Sounds cool, count me in. :3

I've been working on a persona, though I've been a bit busy, so I'm only about half way done. Would I be able to submit it at the weekend or would that be too late?

Thank you Cheatmasta, you're much obliged. You get all the free food you want for guarding us from those horrible snatchers! Oh and remember to aim your gun at them, I would love some roasted freeloaders.

Byrus is down on the list, [insert something that's supposed to be funny here but really isn't!]. You mean this weekend, yes? Well, that'd be cutting it a bit short since it'd be real close to the deadline, but I'm sure there's some people who do everything at the last minute here, procrastinators! (I'm not pointing any fingers, oh no... ahaha. Arylett... erm, I mean!) But yeah, that'd be fine.

@Everyone in general: Something I forgot to mention, when you submit your piece, you just post it in the thread so everyone can see it. You don't PM it to me or whatever. Just clearing that up.

Gah, sorry for last minuteness. If I'm not too late, here's my "monstersona". I don't think I'm really confident enough with humans yet to actually post the results, but I figure this'd be appropriate for Halloween, right?

I don't want to post the rambly information about it, but the Byrus monster's main gimmick is attacking his prey from underground and stabbing with his poisonous stinger. On his days off, he enjoys doodling pictures by manipulating pencils with his psychic abilities. Of course.

God, if only I wasn't such a terrible procrastinator. ;-;

Ah, Byrus, 'tis fine! You got it done now... Kai'll have to add that to the list in the original OSers thread.

Also Saith, you're the first one to finish, oooh. Points for earliness. It's added to the first post!

(What is it with me and exclamations today!)

Added to the list!

Also, only two people have submitted pieces and well, the deadline has passed. And I can't really run this contest with only two pieces. So I'm going to have to extend it a bit more. The NEW DEADLINE is 12 AM, GMT -5, OCTOBER 30TH. I gave you quite some time. If all of you are too busy to partake in the Awards Night, or there aren't many OSers willing to draw something up, I'm gonna have to cancel it. Your last chance is OCTOBER 30TH at which point this thing is either moving on, or if we don't have enough pieces by then, I'm just gonna have to give whoever draws anything by then an award by default for their effort and call the whole thing off.

Last edited:
Hurray for deadline extensions; I love those. :P Am working on my entry! Just not enough hours in the day. Should be able to get it done by the 30th, though.

Argh. I'll join, but the program I was using closed before I could shade it. I knew that would happen :/. I can't even open it again, because it's not downloaded. Oh well. I'll try to shade it, but I doubt it'll work out. I'll see if I can draw it on paper... That picture wasn't much good in the first place.

You need to be a member of the Obsessive Scribblers and also have a persona reference.

@Mawile: You're in! Added to the list.

@The Awesome Arceus: Mr. Chris is right. (Although you don't technically need a persona reference to sign up. If you don't have one, nobody will draw you, but you can still do a group picture!) May I direct you to here first before I allow you to commend in the festivities?

And good goin', Cake, ahaha. You show those hours in the day who's boss. Show them with the force of many Dementors and cake frosting. Glad to hear you're working on it! And you too, Byrus. I shall add your complete version to the list when it's done.

Last edited:
Hey hey, I've only just gotten around to being able to draw mine, what with the big birthday present needing to be done and all. The deadline extension was a huge help though; I'll probably have it done during the weekend <3

Thank goodness for deadline extensions! I was quite busy, so now I should have enough time. Whoo!

*Steps away from fireworks launcher*

Ah well, not like it'd work with two entries. I can't wait to see the results and use the fireworks launcher

Back
Top Bottom