• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Obsessive Scribblers

YAY!!! Only those drawings that I posted in the Legendary Beast Pack group and maybe a dozen sketches that I've been too lazy to scan, but I'll scan soon xD.. I've just started drawing, really, so I have no clue what I'm doing...and I'm absolutely hopeless when it comes to shading ;_;

Yay, welcome Sky! <3 If you want some tips on shading (my shading has improved a lot :D) you could just PM or VM me, and I'll give you some help~

Since a few people have been confused about how to join the OS before, I'm gonna add something to the first post

Now that we've hit the month of November, I think it's time to raise the discussion of the third annual ArtMo, the OS' response to NaNo. For those who don't know, National Art Month, often abbreviated to ArtMo is an annual event started by the OS that takes part in December where we attempt to draw 31 images, one for each day of the month.

Who's going to take part this year and do you have any ideas as to what you're going to draw? I'll try if I'm not bamboozled with college work over december but I've not got any ideas in mind yet, though they'll probably be either GenV pokemon, Ace Attorney or Death Note drawings.

Last edited:
Me... ah. I have a few drawings on a list of mine that I really wanted to get around to doing.
Plus I planned on doing a full calendar of characters for an RP I'm in, so that might chew up a lot of the days too.

herp psymon needs to be more active

I feel bad because I haven't posted here in ages sooo...

I might do ArtMo, it seems like a fun challenge. I'll probably not manage to do it, but no harm in trying! I have no idea what to draw though. :/

Ah, I'm gonna do it. I have LOTS to draw for a big RP I have with Castycal. Characters and such. Also, I still owe countless people birthday/other gifts that really should be redeemed. And I was thinking of dabbling a bit in some fanart of Final Fantasy IX, Kingdom Hearts, and Harry Potter. So that'll fill up more than enough of the month.

Oh and welcome to SkyAngel!

Thanks for the welcome ^.^
I plan on trying to do this, but there's no guarantee that I'll actually draw all 31 pictures xD..
Are you allowed to draw more than one a day, as long as you have 31 by the end of the month?

Hi SkyAngel~ :D

Yeah, you can draw more than one, I believe. I'm definately in, but I have no idea what to draw.

Welcome SkyAngel! I saw some of your pictures on your profile page, I think you've gotten a great start, I know when I started out drawing my pictures were nowhere near that good~

I might try ArtMo again this year. I finish school on the 26th this month so I'll have time to draw (hopefully) every day in December. I'll probably just draw my OCs, some Hetalia art or something related to my other fandoms I neglect XD

I want to do it, but I might be too busy. I have this big-ass project to finish and it's due December 10, and I've been slacking off and I haven't done anything. I'm that type of person who leaves stuff for the last minute, which is a habit I'm trying to break.

But of course, if I finish earlier I'll definitely do it! Speaking on my project, I better start now while I have the time~

Oh, I'll give ArtMo a go. However, due to stupid 'net restrictions at home (Kai knows what I mean) it may be bulk uploaded in the middle and end of the month. If none of this is sorted. Argh!
I'll probably end up drawing White Cat Burglar junk. Maybe sketch out a few scenes. I've tried one of these before, and I wasn't the only one to forget/stop, so the whole club died, since it revolved around it. But if this is a regular thing, I should be motivated enough to do it!!!

Hm... I'd like to try ArtMo, because lately I haven't drawn much and I need to get more stuff done. I'll probably do my OCs or Hetalia fanart. Or fanart of other animes/games I like. Will probably be a mix.

It's fantastic to see so many people intending to take part in ArtMo! I hope we get an even better haul than last time! And to those not partaking (and I suppose those who are also) I suggest working on your critique, as there'll be loads of opportunities to with all the art being produced (i hope at least)

A few things I want to bring to light; Firstly, me and Spoon are currently in the process of reviewing and writing up the Official rules of ArtMo rules to accompany a few new art mediums and because it's a bit of a mess. Also, following the username change feature, it's come to attention that a lot of OSers have changed their usernames. If members could post their old and new usernames so that me and Spoon can update the member list, we would be grateful. Finally, I think we've decided that members that haven't posted within three to four months are inactive.

I'm attempting to recruit people into joining DraMo on my DA X)

I didn't realise that there were official rules of this event. Or is it just the basic "draw one picture a day for the month of December. Use whatever medium you want to"?

I've recently changed my name, but it's nothing too extreme.
RaiCH --------> Rai-CH

Okay, I've updated Mai's, Dave's and Cloud's names on the memberslist. RaiCH, I didn't think yours needed changing so I left it as it was. Is that okay?

It's less than a week now until December starts and ArtMo begins. Everyone excited?

Sure am! Aaah. From NaNo to Artmo... I've had a busy month. But I can FINALLY get the things I need to get done this way... if I can see NaNo through to the end, then I think I can see this Artmo through too. This is my year, I'm gonna make sure it's my first year I finish Artmo!

Back
Top Bottom