• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

ArtMo 2010

Thank you x] It was difficult, and it involved many ripped up pieces of scratch paper in which I messed up xD..

Those are great, Sky! I like the dog the most, like Foamy, but those others are great, too! I don't see anything wrong with the snake, actually. I like it a lot. But on the winged lion, where exactly is the is the wing connecting to the shoulder? Because where I think it's connecting, it kind of looks like a weird bump. But otherwise it's really good.

Also, on my progress, urgh why do I get something that could be construed as a social life (for me) at the worst times

On Thursday I got my sketch of it done, but I went out with my friends that night and I haven't thought of anything to draw since. I'll be doing other things later, including spending all day on Sunday next week working on a project and that reminds me I have two other things to do as well. Also, despite the fact that I have nothing to do right now, I can't think of anything to draw and all I feel like is stalking the forums and refreshing pages. Urgh.

My lion's legs are too short, where the mane connects to the body makes it appear to be neck-less, and I failed at attaching the wing to the body with anything except for a hideous lump xD...Oh well, I'm gonna try and draw a replacement for that pic ^^

Why don't you draw animals or pokemon like me :D? Or...people's pokesonas/characters/whatevers?

All of you are such good drawers! I dunno yet if I'll join, I'm a tad slow for good quality art.

Those are amazing :O :D

-newbie question- What's a redline?

It where someone draws over a picture (usually in red, hence the name) to show the mistakes. for example, here is a redline that someone did for one of my pictures, since I have trouble with ears, apparently x3

Oh okay. Can you please redline my winged lion :3? I'd really appreciate it ^^

Can do.

I've never drawn lions before, really, but I took a quick look over a few photos of the animals, and used my knowledge from drawing cougars and smaller cats.

Here is the overlay, and just the lines. I had to redraw the whole head, since he really lacked a neck, but otherwise you weren't too far off; I can see potential here. Here's what I changed:

-Added neck/made head smaller (the blue lines show what's under the mane). Lions have a very distinct facial shape, which I found a bit tricky (took me a few tries), so just practice a bit and you should get it.
-Added definition to the body, showing where the ribcage and belly are.
-the legs join the body a more forward
-You had the wings sort of upside-down, which I did a lot when I was starting out. If you have pet birds, take a good look at their wings when they're preening/asleep/flying, which can help. If not, google or going birdwatching can help too.

Overall, though, you have potential, and practice will draw it out pretty well I think c:

Thank you so much! -I probably should have looked up some references before drawing it, huh? xP- That really helps ^^ I see what I should fix for next time :3

Got them, finally!
> u<;;

First one is actually a doodle that's been sitting in my folders for a while, waiting to be completed.
I don't think I'm ever going to colour it now.
Second one was done ten minutes ago.

Day Four
Day Five

Back
Top Bottom