• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Nuzlocke Challenge

I think that takes away a portion of the challenge, personally. But, perhaps there's an exemption for this that I wasn't aware of.

I guess it does, but I'm making it hard enough for myself as it is without having to play with a full team of Geodude.

Anyway, update #1:

Zoroark's Platinum Nuzlocke Challenge
Pt_Lucas.png

Name: Mike
Play Time: 3:16
Money:
Pok%C3%A9monDollar.png
Badges:
40px-Coal_Badge.png

Pokémarts visited: Sandgem

Current Party
Zubat Descartes (Male) lv10 (Ravaged Path)
Geodude Plato (Female) lv7 (Oreburgh Mine)
psyduck Aristotle (Male) lv5 (Oreburgh Gate)
bidoof Hume (Female) lv7 (Route 202)

Boxed (alive)
none

Boxed (dead)
piplup Socrates lv13
starly Kant lv12 (Route 201)
budew Hobbes lv13 (Route 204)

...yeah. Roark took out all the best members of my team in one fell swoop :v If Descartes' Supersonic had missed, or I hadn't left a few PP for Astonish, I'd have lost without getting my first badge. Gonna soldier on with this team, though, because Crobat and Golduck are awesome and I think I could work with Graveler and Bibarel.
Nearly lost Aristotle even before that, though, because he poisoned himself on Hobbes before I caught him and I wasn't sure if it was worth using a Potion and needing to squander a Pokémart or whether I should let him die. Luckily the poison wore off. :p

Last edited:
Hi, I'm Superbird, and I'm attempting my first Nuzlocke on Emerald.

Trainer Name: Birdman
Badges: 0
Pokédex: 4
Time: 1:07

Active Team
mudkip
[Muddy] Mudkip (M) lv. 9
Met at Littleroot Town.
~Tackle
~Growl
~Mud Slap

poochyena
[Mighty] Poochyena (M) lv. 9
Met at Route 102.
~Tackle
~Howl
~Sand Attack

silcoon
[Beauty] Silcoon (F) lv. 6
Met at Petalburg Woods.
~Harden

Boxed
poochyena Helena (F) [Met at Route 104]

Deceased
wurmple Gummy (M) [Met at Route 101]

Personal Rules
•I may only catch the first pokémon I see on any given route.
•I may NOT use items during battle.
•I may NOT save and then reset if something bad happens.
•No species clause. But if I catch a member of an evolution family I'm already using, it goes straight to the PC. I will never have two members of the same evplution family in my party at once.
•Of course, if a pokémon faints in ANY way, that pokémon is declared Deceased and put permenantly in the PC box.
•If I white out, it is NOT an automatic loss, provided I still have backup pokémon I can use in my PC. But any of the pokémon that had fainted will have to be declared 'Deceased'.​

Working on a FireRed and Black Nuzlocke over on Pokeboard, but I'm not doing too good.

Funny thing is, I got a Woobat in Black, and a Zubat in FireRed. Both died in the same location I caught them, in a trainer battle.

Yeah, I'm extremely unlucky, and I'm not too motivated to do either one of them, but I'm forcing myself (wants a Litwick).

Meh, wish me luck, I can link you to my challenges if you'd like.

Doing a nuzlocke in Heartgold.

Current team:

152.png

[Dodson] lv. 10 Razor Leaf/tackle/Growl/Poisonpowder

161.png

[Qwerty] lv. 5 Scratch/Defense Curl/Foresight

16.png

[Ronaldo] lv. 2 Tackle

Badges: none

Objectives: grinding. Maybe getting a geodude.

I'm gonna start one on Pearl after I finish catching all of the legendaries on my current run. My rules will be mostly standard, except for these rules:

~No species clause, IE I can catch more than 1 of a species
~I will follow the Platinum Pokedex, meaning that pokemon like Ralts is in it. When I reach a route that would have a Ralts, I would go and trade for a Ralts that would be of an appropriate level, declare the route I just visited invalidated for capturing pokemon, and continue on my way.
~If I reach the Elite 4, I will pretty much think that I beat the game, since Cynthia haxxes with her level 66 Garchomp.
~The ONLY restarting allowed is to get a good natured Mesprit, since my last run didn't get too well of one and I really need a good one for trading purposes. Might as well kill 2 birds with one stone, eh?

So, after not touching my Platinum Nuzlocke for months, I found this thread and went back to it. Then I played it a little, and got this.

Just to remind you, I'm playing a standard Nuzlocke, with one variation: I can catch HM slaves if I absolutely have no choice, but I must release them right away.

Trainer Name: Kalista
Badges: 1
Time: 4:48
Current Location: Floaroma Town

Team:

Muezzin (Shinx, M) - Lv. 14 (Route 202)
Flotilla (Starly, M) - Lv. 13 (Route 204)
Ursprache (Magikarp, F) - Lv. 13 (Twinleaf Town)
Cavernous (Geodude, M) - Lv. 14 (Oreburgh Mine)
Pastiche (Machop, F) - Lv. 14 (Route 207)

Boxed:

None

Dead:

Parabola (Chimchar, M) - Lv. 6, died to a Youngster's Bidoof's Tackle, which was a critical hit.
Soliloquy (Zubat, F) - Lv. 10, died against Roark's Geodude after Supersonic missed - I wanted it to get some more EXP.

I beat Roark with a minimum of fuss (yay Geodude and Machop). I've just laid on the Honey at Floaroma Meadow and Valley Windworks, and tomorrow morning I'll see if I get something good off them. Finally, YAAAAAAY ONLY SEVEN MORE LEVELS BEFORE URSPRACHE EVOLVES

Started my first Nuzlocke on White, just got to Nacrene City. MAI RULES:
-Standard rules.
-Species clause only applies to Patrat (if I didn't do that, I would've had four patrats by now)
-No using items inside battle
-No buying items other than repels and escape ropes -- use what you find!
-No saving. Not willing to delete over my existing file yet
-If you accidentally KO a wild pokémon, you get one more shot at that route
-Gift pokémon don't count as the pokémon you catch from that route

Party:
tepig
Pumbaa - Male - Level 15 - Blaze
Met in Nuvema Town.
lillipup
Padfoot - Male - Level 14 - Vital Spirit
Met at Route 2.
pansage
Garp - Male - Level 14 - Gluttony
Met in Dreamyard (gift pokémon don't count for me, though).
blitzle
Blitzkrieg - Male - Level 12 - Motor Drive
Met at Route 3.
munna
Nala - Female - Level 11 - Forewarn
Met in Dreamyard.

Boxed:
patrat
Chipper - Male - Level 10 - Keen Eye
Met at Route 1.

Daycare:
woobat
Consuella - Female
Met in Wellspring Cave.

No deaths yet c:

Fuck....I lost at my first gym battle.-_-"

I lost my poor tepig Yoshimori!!! And my Lillipup Gen!!!!

NNNOOO!!!!

Beat the third gym, and now heading out to Route 4. And I just realized: Padfoot has Intimidate, not Vital Spirit.

Party:
pignite
Pumbaa - Male - Lvl.24
Met in Nuvema town.

munna
Nala - Female - Lvl.23
Met in Dreamyard.

herdier
Padfoot - Male - Lvl.22
Met at Route 2.

sandile
Cornelia - Female - Lvl.19
Met at Route 4.

Boxed/Unused:
patrat Chipper - Male - Lvl.10 - Route 1
woobat Consuella - Female - In Daycare - Wellspring Cave
pidove Katniss - Female - Lvl.13 - Pinwheel Forest
pansage Garp - Male - Lvl.21 - Gift

Dead
blitzle Blitzkrieg - Male - lvl.22 - Route 3
Killed by a Leaf Tornado from Bianca's Servine.

Started my first Nuzlocke on White, just got to Nacrene City. MAI RULES:
-Standard rules.
-Species clause only applies to Patrat (if I didn't do that, I would've had four patrats by now)
-No using items inside battle
-No buying items other than repels and escape ropes -- use what you find!
-No saving. Not willing to delete over my existing file yet
-If you accidentally KO a wild pokémon, you get one more shot at that route
-Gift pokémon don't count as the pokémon you catch from that route

The last two rules seem to defeat most of the purpose of a Nuzlocke run.

BELLSPROUT
Bellsprout's Generation V Nuzlocke Challenge
Pokémon BLACK

Rules
Standard Nuzlocke conditions:
---The challenger is only allowed to catch the first pokémon encountered in each route. If that pokémon faints or flees, no other pokémon may be caught from that route.
---If the challenger's pokémon faints in battle by any cause or for any reason, it is unusable for the rest of the challenge. If the challenger runs out of usable pokémon, the game is over.
---All pokémon used must be nicknamed (so as to establish a "bond" with the challenger).
Custom conditions:
---No items are to be used in-battle by the challenger.
---Species clause is not in effect.
---Gift pokémon, in-game trades, and "special encounter" pokémon (eg: Cobalion, Virizion, etc.) are invalid options.
---During gym battles, the challenger is only allowed to use up to the same amount of pokémon as the gym leader, and the levels must be equal at best.

Currently training on Route 2

Party
LILLIPUP La Chienne, Lv4 [Route 2] Tackle / Leer
LILLIPUP Marmaduke, Lv6 [Route 1] Tackle / Leer / Odor Sleuth
OSHAWOTT Scooter, Lv8 [Starter] Tackle / Tail Whip / Water Gun

Stored
none

Deceased
none

fairness is not the point. if you accidentally let something faint, does it get another chance?

the last one isn't much of a difference, actually, though.

It doesn't, no. But I do. Unless I'm totally missing something here (it's been ages since I read the original Nuzlocke comic), the fact that you can only catch one poké per location is just there so you don't have much control over what you use on your team, and not because only one pokémon exists on that route.

...If that made any sense.

I don't know, that rule made sense to me. But it hasn't come into play for me yet, so I can remove it, I guess.

It doesn't, no. But I do. Unless I'm totally missing something here (it's been ages since I read the original Nuzlocke comic), the fact that you can only catch one poké per location is just there so you don't have much control over what you use on your team, and not because only one pokémon exists on that route.

Exactly. The point of being able to catch the first and only the first pokémon per route is to detract from the control you have in creating your team. A rule like that can easily be bent when you find something you don't like, and then you "accidentally" knock it out, thus allowing you another chance at something else.

I realize everything written in these forums is based on an honor system anyway, so I probably shouldn't even afford this so much attention. But, the whole point of the Nuzlocke challenge (at least, to my understanding) was to play through the game with whatever you got (even if it happened to be four Patrats), the randomness and sparseness of your team being the core point of the challenge.

I guess I'll just remove that rule, then. :/ Oh well, it doesn't matter all that much.

Doing this with Emerald...

zubat
Robyn - Female - level 20
Granite Cave

gyarados
Stewart - Male - level 20
Route 109

gulpin
Reagan - Female - level 20
Route 110

kirlia
Maddie - Female - level 20
Route 102

poochyena
Emily - Female - level 14
Route 116

azumarill
Conner - Male - level 20
Route 104

PC:

None right now

Dead (permanently boxed in my game):
wurmple
Anne - Female - level 5
Route 101
Critical from a wild Pokémon. :C

tentacool
Greg - Male - level 11
Dewford Town
Wild Poochyena, during training. I don't even know how it happened, I just looked at the screen and it was like "Greg has fainted!" and I was like "what nooo ; ;"

poochyena
Summer - Female - level 14
Route 103
Wild Wingull. :(

whismur
Ashton - Female - level 15
Rusturf Tunnel
Trainer battle. Probably should have known better than to fight a Makuhita with this when I'd just finished an all-nighter.

grovyle
Madison - Female - level 20
Littleroot Town
Trainer battle. Fuck you Sonicboom. ;~;

... That Ralts was honestly the first thing I ran into on Route 102. Well, no, actually. I caught a Lotad at one point (nicknamed Amanda) but didn't save after catching it and the game glitched up and sort of froze a few minutes later (most likely I hit my DS on something and the game was jolted around, messing with the connections). When I turned the game back on I didn't know whether or not to catch another Lotad since I'd had one before the game went off, but figured I'd just go with whatever I found first when re-entering that route. I thought it'd be a Wurmple or something but BAMF RALTS and I was like "Hot damn. I should catch this." (And then promptly saved just in case the game decides to glitch on me again. :C) So far it hasn't died (although it got close once) so yay :D

Last edited:
FLORA'S SEMI-EPIC NUZLOCKE THAT WILL PROBABLY END IN FAIL

Yes I had an old one but I got rid of it :D

Rules:
-Standard Rules
-No Species Clause (more fun that way!)

Trainer Name: Jeanine (named after my best friend. Most Pokemon will be named after my friends and I. This leads to...well, you'll see.

Alive:

torchic Rich (m)
Named after: said best friend's boyfriend
Level: 9

Wurmple Dave (m)
Named after: Our idiot guy friend
Level: 5

Dead:
Poochyena Rachel (f)
Named after: me
Death by: Youngster Calvin's Zigzagoon. Yes, my namesake died to the first trainer in the game (after the rival). *sigh*

Last edited:
Haha, I'd considered making a thread for my Nuzlocke challenge, but I'd got so far ahead and I felt it would be awkard to do so. But I guess I'll post a link here for anyone interested; http://kailuciferfrnuzlocke.tumblr.com/

I'm currently training for the E4. I want things to go as smoothly as possible so I'm making sure they're all around Lv60 before I take it on. Any tips on where to train? I'm battling with the blackbelts around the Ember Spa at the moment; high levelled trainers and a healing spot right nextdoor.

Back
Top Bottom