• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Let's Play Pokemon Emerald

So basically I got bored, figured out how to make a let's play, and decided to do it. I saw a challenge online and decided to do it. I have six restrictions on myself, but only one will apply to me at a time. When I enter a new area,the current restriction will change. They are:
1.After a white-out I lose one pokemon, the weakest in my party.
2.Never switch around pokemon in battle.
3.Only use two pokemon in this area.
4.You can only catch the first pokemon you see in this area, if that pokemon faints at any time during this game you must release it.
5.Battle as few trainers and pokemon as you can and don't use items at all.
6.Don't buy,sell,or obtain new items.
I'm also using five random pokemon(please feel free to select names for them as well)on my team which are going to be:
Swalot,Sandslash,Absol, Ninetales, andHeracross(I used an RNG and just hapenned to get this team)
So choose which starter I'll get and nickname it. If you don't choose fast enough I'll choose myself.

Okaay...
1. Define "weakest": lowest level? RNG'd if there's a level tie?
3,4. Do seperate floors of caves/etc count as different areas?
Sorry if I'm coming across as nitpicky.
Choose Gulpin for your starter. Well, is your team going to include a Hoenn starter or not?

By weakest I mean lowest leveled. I am using a hoenn starter, in adittion to the other five. If I catch a pokemon in an area where rule 4 applies I can keep it on my team until I get one of the other five random pokemon. And different floors don't count as seperate areas.

Get Treecko for more coverage then; you already have a Ground-type and a Fire-type.

Okay, just so you guys know, I'll probably make a lot of references to the Animorphs or Haunting Ground in this LP. You have been warned.

If you're wondering, my character in this LP is named after an OC from a story of mine named Kai Rose.

I guess it's better than my cousin Fiona's old room at Belli Castle.

...I don't like where this is going. Is she psychopathic? Is she bipolar? Does she have purple hair? Does she like to abuse dogs and dog-like pokemon like Absol? Because I have an Absol named Hewie that ran away from home a few years ago...

I love how they never mention this kid again. And why does he have pink hair?
Well, I guess I'll have to do the rest of this update in another post because it says I can't put any more pictures in this one.

Attachments

• Pokemon Emerald3.PNG
    Pokemon Emerald3.PNG
    4.1 KB · Views: 33
  • Pokemon Emerald4.PNG
    Pokemon Emerald4.PNG
    3.8 KB · Views: 32
  • Pokemon Emerald5.PNG
    Pokemon Emerald5.PNG
    3.6 KB · Views: 33
  • Pokemon Emerald6.PNG
    Pokemon Emerald6.PNG
    3.8 KB · Views: 32
  • Pokemon Emerald7.PNG
    Pokemon Emerald7.PNG
    4.1 KB · Views: 32
Hello. This looks good so far. Though if you are wondering how to get the pictures up next to the text, you have to upload the images and then use the image codes.
Yeah, treecko is best for coverage. Uh...dunno about a name though. Sabre?

^ yes. Upload images to some server like tinypic or imgur or photobucket, then use the copy/paste links that should be provided along with the image uploading service and do stuff. For longer updates, this is better than attaching images because there's an image limit. [if you look at Noctowl's and my respective LP's, most of our updates are longer than 5 images.]

...and Absol is based on a cat/cow thing with nine eyes and six horns. but it's still kind of a dog.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom