• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pokkén Tournament Choice Mafia - Game Thread

M&F

tikitok
Pronoun
any
Pokkén Tournament Choice Mafia - Game Thread

There had been many rumors about the Synergy power in Ferrum starting to disappear again. It was uncertain whether it was another incident involving the Shadow Synergy Stone or something else entirely, but something strange was happening, and worse yet, trainers and their Pokémon were starting to disappear. Under heavy alarm, the Ferrum League was put on hold once again.

Desperate to keep the Synergy power alive, a select few trainers continue their Ferrum Battles, hoping that they will generate Synergy. In the mornings, they have friendly duels and heated discussions... at night, they trust no one.

72 hours for night actions.

Re: Pokkén Tournament Choice Mafia - Game Thread

Apologies for fast tracking this slightly. I'm guessing nobody's going to have a drastic change within those last 4 hours, though, and if I don't wrap this now it'll be a while before I can get to it. Anyways!

-----

As they'd agreed to, the trainers still engaging in Ferrum Battles meet under an intersection in Neos City. They are greeted by Butterfree's lifeless corpse, her Battle AR unlit and seemingly broken. Her faithful partner Pokémon, Charizard, laid right nearby, its life's flame snuffed -- literally, seeing as the characteristic blaze at the tip of its tail had gone out. Otherwise, not a mark on its body, although the sordid task of lifting the gargantuan dragon's carcass from the pavement reveals a number of cuts and bruises, along with a gouge on the ground.

What exactly was this scene? Was it related to the waning Synergy power? Was it simply another crime in a secluded location, or was it meant to be some sort of message to the people who were to meet in the intersection? The only solution... is to call the police, of course, but the trainers couldn't shake the feeling that it was all very purposeful, and so, their morning battles gave place to investigation and debate.

Butterfree, Charizard's trainer, is dead. She was innocent.

72 hours for discussion.

:(((((

Huh...

The fact that this murderer went to the trouble of HIDING the cuts and bruises by putting them on the pavement is making me think. Why go through the trouble if it doesn't help you? The gouge in the ground is also fishy. Again, why bother if it doesn't help you towards your goal? Unless... Hmm... A ground type could have tunneled up through the streets and grabbed charizard to land face down, slashing and bruising it, snuffing its life flame (ground beats fire), breaking Butterfrees Battle AR (unless MF meant broken in the technical sense and not the physical sense) and tunneling back down from whence it came... but this is just idle speculation, of course.

In addition to that last post, I realized that among all of us, theres only one trainer with a ground type...

Something tells me flavor isn't the best thing to rely on here. She could just as easily have been hit by some energy attack, or another Fire-type attack, and both Blaziken and Chandelure have that, right? Too many people to point fingers at, if you ask me.

Well, judging by the amount of Synergy I have, it seems I wasn't targeted by anything last night. Mixed blessing, I guess, since the alternative would be a risk of being killed.

The gouge in the ground is also fishy. ... A ground type could have tunneled up through the streets ... and tunneling back down from whence it came... but this is just idle speculation, of course.

Eh, I don't think that would result in a gouge so much as an outright hole/tunnel. A gouge in the ground sounds to me more like a haphazard attack (likely with something sharp?) that took a chunk out of the ground instead of out of Charizard during the fight. Garchomp is Ground-type and has sharp claws, but I'd also think the flavor could fit any number of sharp-clawed Pokemon like Weavile, Sceptile and maybe even Gengar or Blaziken.

But that's assuming this interpretation of the flavor is accurate enough to use to justify suspicion, which is not at all a certainty for something this vague.

tbh I can't remember a single case where trying to read the flavor tea leaves actually yielded useful results. As far as I'm concerned all the info we have is that Butterfree's dead and was innocent--an actually normal-looking N1! No no-death night, no nearly-everyone-dies night, no weird day messages. Doesn't say much, but at least it's not completely wtf.

Also, I don't know if I was the only one confused, but I clarified with MF that the number of synergy points you get from other people targeting you is equal to the number of people that targeted you. So if you get one synergy point from other people, it means that exactly one person targeted you, not that at least one person targeted you.

While we're poking around at the flavor (not like we have anything else to do at the moment), I dunno that I'd say the cuts were "hidden". That could just as easily mean that Charizard was only attacked from the front, then fell and died face-down. Or maybe the fight got super-anime and a powerful finishing attack sent Charizard skidding across the ground, plowing up the pavement as it slid. Either way, no real evidence of "tampering" that I can see in that flavor.

also fire is weak to ground, but flying is immune to it... :D not that the type chart in Pokkén means anything in the first place considering how easy it is to punch ghosts in the face

Imma preface this by saying I'm sad I didn't make it in time to claim Pikachu Libre. I wanted nothing more than to go the whole game hitting everyone with a Stone Cold Stunner, no matter what it did.

RE: flavor

As far as my (early morning sleep deprived) memory serves, flavor is never really too telling, and it just leads to witch hunts on something that might fit the bill.

Also poor Butterfree. Dead N1 every game :c I know that feel too well

Stand back, everyone, stand back! I'm a doctor!

It's too late. She's dead...

... What!? You already knew she was dead? Humph! You shouldn't be so quick to jump to conclusions without consulting a medical professional!

Well, while you people try to work out who the killer was, I'm going to take these dead bodies down to the morgue and examine their innards for more clues. Perhaps, with her dying breath, Butterfree scrawled the murderer's name in blood on the inside of her stomach? I've seen it happen many times.

I just wanna start off by saying that I'm gonna be out of town from Wednesday through Sunday so it's very likely my posts will be less for that time. For the record, this is a trip we only found out about/planned yesterday, so I didn't know it was happening when I signed up for the game, I promise!!

Anyway, there is of course nothing to go on day 1. I got 1 synergy point. that is all.

This synergy system is a pretty neat concept but wow I'll probably never have a chance to use my amazing burst power ;_;

Ikr? not that I actually remember what it was, but it was probably sick
I take that back, it's not as sick as I thought. Actually all of my moves are unsick, so I'm even sadder about the lack of Stunners I can give

My Burst Power and my next-most-expensive option are actually roughly equally potentially useful, but in different ways... the trouble is that they're both heavily situational and could easily end up being useless if the right situation for them never arises. :/

I don't want to say that my final two are useless, they just have the possibility to enable bad things as much as they do good.

And here I was thinking I had the only useless Burst power- but I also feel like at this rate I can barely get enough Synergy to use any power .-.

I'm curious if we all got the same cost spread or if it varies by move helpfullness

Back
Top Bottom