• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Attacks and Abilities Guide

Does Gastro Acid negate both a Pokemon's natural ability and abilities gained through, say, Magnet Rise?
It negates all abilities, bar none.

If a Pokemon uses Psychic three times in a row to lift an object and wants to continuously keep it lifted, does it loosen its hold at the end of every action?
No.

Can Staryu use the egg moves that it was programmed to get in generation II?
Yes.

If the enemy was charging at you, would you be able to combine a priority move and Grass Knot to dodge and then trip them?
No.

I'll fix the aerial ace thing later, not sure what you mean about the EXP thing and perish song.

Probably missed some, don't have time to go back and look now.

I'm curious as to why Smack Down works the way it does here, in the games (i know this isn't the games but) it doesn't even make contact but instead you throw a rock

It looks like the only question missed right now is "does perish song ignore the damage cap?" It does.

I mean where Perish Song knocks out both Pokémon, who gets the winner's EXP?
Neither.

Does Hex do double damage to a Cursed enemy?
No.

I'm curious as to why Smack Down works the way it does here, in the games (i know this isn't the games but) it doesn't even make contact but instead you throw a rock
Looks like it was incorrectly listed as a contact move at first and the description wasn't changed after it was made projectile. Fixed now.

Depends what you mean, I guess, and how big the pokémon is. If it was already on the volcarona's head when the dance started, it would probably be fine if it took an action to hold on and was of an appropriate size to be able to fit... if it was already dancing and you were going to try and get on its head, that would be significantly more difficult.

Can you chain Encore? As in use a second Encore to extend an already-going Encore by three actions? If not, what if you time it so that the second Encore comes right after the first ends?

EDIT: It seems the games let you do the latter but not the former.

Last edited:
Can you chain Encore? As in use a second Encore to extend an already-going Encore by three actions? If not, what if you time it so that the second Encore comes right after the first ends?

EDIT: It seems the games let you do the latter but not the former.
It's fairly unlikely, seeing as, in ASB, moves that meddle with emotion (like Encore and Taunt) lose efficiency if you use them repeatedly.

Also, a separate question: can a Bouncing Pokémon use attacks?

Last edited:
It can, but it won't be poisoned by its own toxins. So you can't trigger your own guts ability or anything, which is I assume what you're getting at.

I assume the same would apply for Flash Fire/Motor Drive? e.g., you can't activate your own ability? Or is that different due to not being cause by a status effect?

A similar question to one used before, can a Pokemon combine attacks with Bounce? Obviously Physical attacks. Though, here's a thought, could it also combine a projectile attack, such as Aura Sphere, to launch itself into the air by aiming it down?

Also, if Jump Kick/Hi Jump kick recoil is half of the user's total HP, does that mean it ignores the damage cap?

A similar question to one used before, can a Pokemon combine attacks with Bounce? Obviously Physical attacks. Though, here's a thought, could it also combine a projectile attack, such as Aura Sphere, to launch itself into the air by aiming it down?

Also, if Jump Kick/Hi Jump kick recoil is half of the user's total HP, does that mean it ignores the damage cap?

If you mean using a physical attack as the mon is coming down, that sounds like it should work. Rocketjumping using a projectile attack when going up sounds less likely, especially with something like Aura Sphere, which doesn't have that much launch power IMO.

And I'm pretty sure recoil ignores the cap.

Back
Top Bottom