• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pokémon Improvement Thread

Re: Pokémon Improvement Thread

nimbasa is terrible; there's a few good trainers with good pokemon and the rest are level 60 base stages that give about 500 exp a pop. going against the E4 with the one pokemon you're training is tedious but it's how i did it and i've got nine level 100s already.
For what reason do you need to get to level 100 anymore?...

- Ingame player gyms after a certain point. As in, you can make your own gym ingame and when you mix records with another player, you get a copy of their gym.

- Extra save slots.

-When you mix records with a friend, a copy of their player shows up at your house after a certain point and you can choose to travel with them.

- Ingame player gyms after a certain point. As in, you can make your own gym ingame and when you mix records with another player, you get a copy of their gym.

- Extra save slots.

-When you mix records with a friend, a copy of their player shows up at your house after a certain point and you can choose to travel with them.

This, this so much. That would be an awesome way of training Pokémon. The extra slave slots is a generic wish, and I'm not sure if I really get the last one. What advantage would that have?

Oh, and that inspires me. What if, instead of going solo, you start of with people who come with you? It could have a Dragon Age-esque approval system, and there would be optional party members as well, as in members who you can choose to recruit. And a new story would be swell, too, but that's not going to happen.

It's add an an extra dimension to playing with your friends if you could travel with an NPC version of their character/have an NPC version of their character interact with the plot a bit, don't you think? Plus it'd help encourage people to come up with fun teams for gym battles/npc battles between friends...

Less legendaries.
I mean, Gen I had 5.
Gen II had 6.

THEN BANG

Gen III had 10.
Gen IV and V had 13! (Not counting Phione).

13 fucking legends! That's like one eleventh of the whole Generation! 7 is fine... 3 roaming, 2 version exclusives, 1 third game, and 1 pixie.

I agree that they had too many, but I really like random side-legendaries like the genies. Maybe one or two of those. But three or four event legendaries? That's just too many. Wayyyyyyy too many. Imo, Gen 4 would be better with just:

Dialga/Palkia/Giratina
Mesprit/Uxie/Azelf
Regigigas
Manaphy

Maybe Cresselia. But since it goes with Darkrai, you'd have to have both together, which would be too many. Shaymin was unnecessary. Arceus was freaking awesome, so maybe, but it's still a stretch.

Why do we even have Phione?

Uh, Regigigas was imho worthless. I loved Shaymin, though, and I would prefer it over Manaphy.

Cresselia and Darkrai couldn't really work without each other, so I would say no to those two.

I guess its just up to personal preference.

I love Shaymin too (not Skymin personally) but it wasn't exactly a pixie. Though I agree that Manaphy was pretty awful.

I just liked Regigigas because it fit in really well with the rest of the Regis. It was entirely pointless as far as plot goes, domain over something, etc.

I think legends should be tied to the plot somewhat, it makes the story much more interesting.

In B/W, most of them have no story.

In R/B/Y, only one had a story. Two if you count Mew. And not a single one was necessary for plot progression.

Yeah, all legends should be plot related. Even Event legends.
/Especially/ Event legends.

I think that once you complete the main story (or beating Alder in B/W) that you actually fulfill your roll of Pokemon Champion. Somehow you could be challenged daily by a variety of different trainers wishing to become the champion. If you won, they'd leave you be for a while. If you lost, without resetting, you'd have to beat them to regain your status.

I never really liked how Champions before you would say things along the lines of "I was the champion, now you've beaten me, but I get to keep the room and the trainer class"

Back
Top Bottom