• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Attacks and Abilities Guide

Can you command a Pokemon to intercept an opponent's attack directed at a teammate? Similarly, can a Pokemon with a Substitute up have its Substitute intercept an attack directed at a teammate?

A pokémon can try to intercept an attack aimed at a teammate, but substitutes cannot be commanded to do anything and will only try to protect their master. The pokémon would need to spend an action to physically move the substitute into the line of fire itself.

If a Pokemon has already been burned by Will-o-Wisp, can it be burned again in a different area, again by Will-o-Wisp?
Mmm, a pokémon can certainly be burned in multiple places (this would just translate to an increase in the severity of the burn status). Will-o-wisp is a pretty erratic attack and one that's hard to aim; if the will-o-wisp strikes the target somewhere it didn't before, they'd get an additional burn there, but it would be hard to control the outcome there.

Say a ghost Pokémon phases into another Pokémon, would a Chill from the latter repel the ghost?

Would Overheat do the trick?
No to chill, yes to overheat.

If a Pokemon changes type due to Colour Change (let's say to Fire), then Skill Swaps it onto its opponent, does the Kecleon retain its Fire-type or revert to its original typing?

A pokémon can try to intercept an attack aimed at a teammate, but substitutes cannot be commanded to do anything and will only try to protect their master. The pokémon would need to spend an action to physically move the substitute into the line of fire itself.

Can you give move-type conditionals for this? For example, to a Flash Fire Pokemon: "If your partner gets targeted with a Fire-type move, try to intercept it. Otherwise, do xxx."

Clones don't usually have the original Pokémon's abilities and attributes; they're more like identical images that move with the original Pokémon, so they probably would be identifiable. Not sure, though.

And no, Illusion as a Pokémon can't be used in a 1v1 battle.

If you're in a 1v1 match, can you use a Zorua's Illusion ability?

To appear as another Pokemon, I don't think so, as technically no other Pokemon are "capable" of fighting. It can still use its ability to create illusions, though.

If a pokemon with Snow Cloak created double team clones, would said clones still be destroyed by hail?

As long as the Pokemon is solid (e.g. not a ghost), the hail should bounce off of it. However, hail will pass through clones - therefore they will be revealed as clones. It's not about whether the Pokemon gets damaged by it or not. So, say, a Snow Cloak Glaceon's clones will be destroyed, but a Froslass's will not.

Can't answer Lord of the Fireflies' question, sorry :U (I'd be biased anyway since it's my battle LOL)

Would a Flash Fire Litwick line be ejected by Overheat?
No

Can you give move-type conditionals for this? For example, to a Flash Fire Pokemon: "If your partner gets targeted with a Fire-type move, try to intercept it. Otherwise, do xxx."
Yes

If you're in a 1v1 match, can you use a Zorua's Illusion ability?
Yes

Can a ghost phase into a pokémon that have a substitute?

If yes, do the attacks made by the ghost affect the pokémon or its sub?
No. The substitute will block attempts made at phasing into its master. However, the ghost could choose to phase into the substitute if it wanted.

Sandstorm's effect said:
Rock-type pokémon have their special defense multiplied by 1.5x as long as the sandstorm rages
What does that mean in ASB? Multiply incoming special damage by 2/3 as in the games? Granting an innate +1 special defense makes more sense to me. (Can I do that instead?)

What does that mean in ASB? Multiply incoming special damage by 2/3 as in the games? Granting an innate +1 special defense makes more sense to me. (Can I do that instead?)
I treat it as having special attacks downgraded by one level effectiveness when used against rock-types in sandstorm; so not-very-effective if it would ordinarily be neutral, neutral if it would be super-effective, etc. If you're translating a +1 special defense to a 2% damage reduction, then yeah, that's fine, though I'll probably formally change it to a downgrade in effectiveness in the future.

Could Scald and Rain Dance be combined to make scalding rain?
No

Would Rain Dance in theory reduce the effectiveness of Scald by being cooler tham the water in the move?

Back
Top Bottom