• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

What do you think of fellow forumgoers? (Again!)

Tarvos, you were Altmer? Wow, you used to be an asshole or something! I never would have known! You seem like a pretty cool guy. Usually agree with things you have to say.

Dannichu is someone I've never talked to much, probably because she's really cool and adorable and I'm always kind of afraid to approach people idk :[

res, does your brain just rear up and go "staek!", or does it turn into staek inside your head? You're usually pretty cryptic and chill, you seem pretty alright in general

Daturafurretwhoever OH MAN those days when TCoD had so much drama were the days. Never really talked to you because while you were active in those days I was just a little newbie and you were like, a celebrity or something (maybe that's the word I'm looking for to describe people who've been around longer than I have but I've never really talked to?). Also you and Chalumeau used to not get along for some reason? but I'm assuming that's blown over. Either way you seem a lot better these days?

Mai, I feel the same way about you as you feel about me I guess!

The extra N was what I went by when I played Final Fantasy XI, where I was originally going for Alraune but I guess it wouldn't let me because there were already monsters called Alraune (which I found out later), but I used that name everywhere and spelled it with two N's in case someone from FFXI would recognize me because of it. Of course nobody ever did and eventually I just started spelling it right.

Mysterious as in I can't gauge your personality as much. You're just... oh, like Mai puts it, kinda emotionless! Ish! idek

Fine, not really roundabout answers, but more like unhelpful, too-straightforward answers. :P

I uh I dunno 8D; We just haven't talked since so I wasn't really sure of your opinion of me, but now I feel better :D
(and that reminds me I still have to draw you that uguuDarkrai, don't I? Or uguuGengar, I think it was)

of course you can't gauge a res' personality, res have no personality. they are like stepford smilers. except not smiling. or pretending to be nice.

... I was quite sure I'd quashed that conception of res when I cried at timeline of the far future, but. apparently not.

haven't you drawn multple uguurai at this point? pretty sure it's the uguugar.

Chalumeau: We've played some #mafia together which totally qualifies for me knowing you as a person, right? Sometimes it seems like you're used to weird rules, but then I realize that everyone is saying the same thing and apparently I GM weirdly. Oops. Your namechange confuses me, because even though sometimes I see how you used to be Vixie you seem like you've changed a lot! In a good way, I suppose; still, I see Viki and I want to think Vixie because of the V but.

I still think vixie and it's been forever since vixie has been vixie but names are pretty sticky in my mind.

res: are you saying we're not friends
</3

of course <3

res, does your brain just rear up and go "staek!", or does it turn into staek inside your head? You're usually pretty cryptic and chill, you seem pretty alright in general

yes.

YOU'RE ALL SUPER

No but really. Half the time I'm criminally lurker-ish and I go for extended periods without checking in here because I am fairly useless at maintaining use of a lot of sites at once, but when I am here - hoo boy! As a community you guys are one of the most thoughtful and smart and generally lovely internet gangs* I've come across.

I haven't talked to that many people here (at least not for a while!) but if I have spoken to you it's probably because I think you're pretty great. There are also lots of people who I haven't spoken to (eternally shy) who I think are pretty great and really that applies to most of the forum so if you're reading this I dare say I like you...!

*This place should have a gang sign.

Hurr, I am so antisocial, even on the internet.

But still, shoutout out to the people I still think are amazing, especially Lyra Heartstrings, Arylett (How I miss Arylett), Tarvos (mostly because of his kickass musical taste), Coloursfall, and RespectTheBlade.

blastoise is a really cool guy. he always takes things in stride, but still manages to find time for other people and be well-rounded. that's hard to find these days and i really respect him.

blastoise is a really cool guy. he always takes things in stride, but still manages to find time for other people and be well-rounded. that's hard to find these days and i really respect him.

Do you think that this could count as a letter of recommendation? :D

Green kinda disamappeared on us and that is a sad. BUT I STILL LIKE HIM

'Tarvos: Uhm I feel like you try to be a good guy but you don't take direction that well. Sometimes I think you're pretty cool, but a lot of times I disagree with you pretty hard and find it difficult when you don't listen.

Hahaha, yeah, I know, I get this criticism quite a lot because I'm fairly inflexible opinion-wise. I don't know whether that's a fault (as it was more fluid when I was younger) but nowadays I kind of seem to be settling in some sort of moral groove which suits me as a person and which suits my development (people change), but it's always been the case that I'm not someone who banks on a lot of outside development to progress his opinions. Also, perhaps you should consider that sometimes I don't want to listen to you because I plain disagree, and a regurgitation of ideas is something that really makes me throw up. I got the point the first/second time, the fiftieth makes it sound like it's a broken record.

I recognise that this is something I do but hey.

Oh Jolty, it's quite funny you're here. I do remember you from way back but you disappeared and I saw a post and was like JOLTY'S BACK - WHERE DID THAT COME FROM???

Hahaha, yeah, I know, I get this criticism quite a lot because I'm fairly inflexible opinion-wise. I don't know whether that's a fault (as it was more fluid when I was younger) but nowadays I kind of seem to be settling in some sort of moral groove which suits me as a person and which suits my development (people change), but it's always been the case that I'm not someone who banks on a lot of outside development to progress his opinions. Also, perhaps you should consider that sometimes I don't want to listen to you because I plain disagree, and a regurgitation of ideas is something that really makes me throw up. I got the point the first/second time, the fiftieth makes it sound like it's a broken record.

I recognise that this is something I do but hey.

... Yeah, but when a minority disagrees with you about something in which they have more say than you, you really should listen.

Not necessarily, if I think I'm right ;)

Also, me reading what you write doesn't mean I have to change my stance to match yours. That's equally arrogant.

The fact that you think this comes down to arrogance is utterly baffling. In the end, you're a white cis hetero dude (etc. etc. etc.) who thinks he gets to tell people who are oppressed what is right and wrong in regards to their oppression, and regardless of the times where you can be decent, I grow really tired of the increasing times where you are not.

Yeah, it's so funny hurting other people! Being a bully is the best :)
gimme yer lunch money, nerd
bullying =/= being a wind up merchant (which as i said before, i usually don't even try to do)

Jolty: You can be a jerk, and the no caps thing just sort of... accentuates it. Sometimes you seem like you could be a fun person to be around, but laughing at people when they post in the Grr Thread?
how does not typing with caps make me seem like more of a jerk i don't understand

The fact that you think this comes down to arrogance is utterly baffling. In the end, you're a white cis hetero dude (etc. etc. etc.) who thinks he gets to tell people who are oppressed what is right and wrong in regards to their oppression, and regardless of the times where you can be decent, I grow really tired of the increasing times where you are not.
he's a white cis straight guy therefore HE CAN'T HAVE AN OPINION!!!1 right
all the arrogance i see around here is from all the genderqueer people because they think they're all ~*enlightened*~ and whatnot and think they're experts on pretty much anything. a lot of them also sound REALLY condescending most of the time.

oh and the whole thing about how if you're not oppressed in whatever way that is relevant to the topic, you're wrong. :)
tcod is like a mini tumblr sometimes i swear.

Honestly, why are you even here? You seem to post here only to hate on everyone and tell people how they're stupid and ridiculous, and then whine about how we make you feel 'sad' or something. Why do you stay?

I realise this is a "what do you think of x..." thread but could we please be slightly more civil/less abrasive about expressing distaste towards other users, please?

Back
Top Bottom