• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pokemon Ranger: Do YOU Like it?

Do You Like Pokemon Ranger

• Yes

Votes: 28 84.8%
  • No

Votes: 5 15.2%

• Total voters
(It seems as if all of my threads are polls now)

So, this is sort of for me to know if Ranger is worth buying or not, but also to discuss it. So my question is this: DO YOU LIKE IT?? :huh:

...Yes, actually.

Ranger was fun, especially finding all the Pokemon. :3 And you freaking STARTED WITH PLUSLE <3 Best idea the game developers ever had. I'm so sad you don't in Batonnage. D: The Go-rock squad were the most laughable bunch of villains yet, even more than Team Galactic. The only problem I hat with the game might be that I seemed to win every boss battle with Plusle. :/ Fully powered-up, Thunder Wave could stun any Pokemon for an unreasonably long time. And without Plusle, they were ridiculously hard. :/

But. It was a good game, and the sprites were really detailed and the animations flowed smoothly. The region was a little small (Only 4 cities? What the heck?) but the dungeons were long and detailed. I'd reccommend getting it, although to be honest for the money there are probably a few better DS titles (coughTWEWYcough), but it's a solid spin-off game, all told.

I've never actually played it but I've watched my brother play it and it looked fun.

It made me regret turning down my mum's offer to buy me it while I was in hospital that one time. :c

It gets boring once you full the browser, but still was a fun game, I liked it.
The sprites were great, and I think that the story is good written also.

I've never played it, so... that because I didn't want to. Between the three spin-offs from Emerald to DP, Ranger is ranked second, in front of Trozei. I can't seem to find a reason to play Ranger now. (Don't say Manaphy.)

I hate Ranger. It's the touch-based equalivant of a Dynasty Warriors game- you just run through a linear area, killing/taming the same things over and over. Game is a piece of crap I bought SOLELY for Manaphy.

I liked it, but I hated three things:
1: I'll be called a noob for this, but Rayquaza. That thing made me so mad I kicked my wall and made a hole in it...
2: The fact that I finished it in a day or two.
3: The speed at which you draw circles. I'm not used to that much movement in a game! My wrists hurt for about a week after that...

Edit: I remember a fourth thing I hated: Steelix. 'Nuff said.
Edit 2: Argh! I spelt Steelix wrong!!

Last edited:
Am I the only one who thought Ranger was difficult? Of course, i could probally have finished it in two days also if I hadn't decided to not play it for long periods of time. Sometimes I will only play ranger, and sometimes it just sits in my case, all alone(well, it has Kirby Pinball Land to keep it company). Speaking of Ranger, I do need to complete the browser. Oh, and to answer the question: Yes, it was a fun game, definitly worth buying.

The Go-rock squad were the most laughable bunch of villains yet, even more than Team Galactic.

D8 *kick*

But I agree - the Go-Rock Quad were pretty pathetic.

Drawing circles around Pokemon got pretty challenging and repetitive, especially when Pokemon create invisible barriers. It might just be me, but I started to run away from the Pokemon I didn't want to deal with. Good concept, bad game - let's hope the sequel comes out better.

Last edited:
a fun game, great but I can't defeat Entei!
Also Tyranitar, Pupitar and Larvitar was extremely hard, charizard was easy, Flygon wasnt

It's pretty fun ^^ I originally got it just for Manaphy. Just kinda wish there was more stuff to do after the main storyline ^^"

@alonsyalonso: Yah, Entei's hard >.>
If you saved before you fought him you should go find some pokemon with rock assist or ground assist to help you

Back
Top Bottom