• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Open Fire Emblem: The Gaping Void

"Shall we head back then, Argyram?" Rukas withdrew his staff and dusted off his cloak, although it would take a bit of washing to get rid of the bloodstains that had accumulated along the edges.

"Wait a sec, I think I'm transforming.." Argyram fled into the bushes. There was the strange sound of bones rearranging into a human skeleton, fur melding back into skin, and teeth reshaping themselves. From the distance Rukas saw a pale human through the bushes, but the image quickly disappeared as Argyram began to morph again.

Argyram then reemerged from the bushes in his majestic Tiger forme. "Alright, let's go Rukas, hop on." Rukas was glad for the ride, as, being a shaman instead of, let's say a swordsman, he tired more quickly.

"Kevon, we get another job when someone wants a gaurd, some bandits are acting up, or someone wants help building a barn." Tiravs said tiredly. "But, for now, We go home, we rest, we talk, we laugh, we eat, we drink, and then we'll consider another job." He said, walking onwards.

(Let's just get to the town, this is kinda dying.)

Kevon continued walking, wondering about the next job. Possibly more bandits, maybe defending a fortress, but who knew? Nevertheless, he was happy to relax a little.

*Ok then. I'm just going to hurry this on a little bit...*

After stopping by the town to assure the people that the bandits were dead, Tiravs led the mercenaries back to their base camp. As he came through the makeshift gate, he turned to the two Laguz who had joined during the battle.

"...So. What exactly are your stories?" He asked, walking backwards towards the meeting building.

Aria replied, "I lived in the mountains for my childhood, but a blizzard pushed me out, and I moved here. My home is in a town a few miles from here. I just decided to do some exploring around here, and encountered this group. But what is the point anyway? Are we bounty hunters?"

"Mercenaries." Tiravs said shortly. "We take jobs like taking care of bandits, guarding travelers...that sort of thing." He explained.

"Well, I'm from a sea town. The other side of these woods, you see," said Kevon. "My mother's still there, but I came here to find some work."

"...Kevon, I know your story." He said. "Anyways, Aria, if you'd like, you could join our forces. Right now, we're gonna have a bit of a wait before anything interesting happens, considering the bandits have been killed off." he explained.

"I think he meant me. I was adopted, and the nearby villages were raided often. When I grew up, I decided to gather info on these and other raiders, and raid them. Oh, and here's that vulnerary you lent me, thank you." Merna replied tossing the used sac of powder as well as two teabags, one light green and one dark to the mercenaries' leader."It appears we share a common goal... of sorts. I wish to help the people, and as long as they have money, so do you. May I perhaps, join you?" Merna continued, hoping he's proved his use in the previous fight.

"Excellent! We're a relatively new band of mercenaries...only about half a year old. Still, now we have new recruits...Ok, I want everyone to relax for now. Go on, relax, eat, sleep, drink...I'm gonna go lay down." He said, and, with that, trotted off to the mens barracs.

Prolouge: Complete.

Consider us at base camp now, like in the Path of Radiance Series of Fire Emblem. If you want to form a support, as the person you wish to support with*Unless it is two of your characters* and then pm me.

Reventhas flew off, back to his tree, hoping to find his carving unbroken. When he got there however, he found it was gone, apparently taken away by some curious forest creature. Somewhat angry that something had taken his carving, he flew off to go find it.
---
Valneth walked to a small target range in a corner of the base, and started throwing knives at the small wooden targets.

Tossing those teabags reminded Merna just how thirsty he was, so he decided to grab a kettle and boil himself some of the tea he gave to the mercenary leader. ... Let's see, that rougue was training on those targets, I guess I could try those out afterwards... Merna though to himself as he watched the tea boil

Last edited:
*Slaps Ohm Staff onto thread*
OOC: Ok, I'm just gonna go to the next chapter. Pretend it's been a few days since the previous ones events.

The mercenary fort was currently quiet, as Tiravs conversed with a young man who had just sprinted into the gates, demanding help. As it turned out, a group of bandits was attacking the Port Town of Garna, and he had escaped to find help.

"...we accept this job." he said, before ringing the rigged bell to summon up as many mercenaries as he could, as a call to get ready and grab your weapons.

Aria woke to the bell, and dashed over to Tiravs. "Another job? I'm ready." She shifted her feet a few times, then shook her head. "As soon as you say, we'll go."

(OOC: HOORAH! It's ALIVE, hey Ani, did you get my PM?)
"Huh? Whatever it is, it might be important." Merna woke from his daze, grabbing some medicine as well as a couple other things else and rushing out the door.
(you'll figure out the something elses later.)

*revives (kinda)*

Ringaling! Kevon, in his hammock in the woods, heard the sound of a bell in the distance. He knew what it meant - another job for him. He was confident that he could succeed along with the others.

Kevon hurried to the sound of the bell, carrying a fresh quiver of arrows and a canteen of water. Soon, he found Tiravs waiting, along with Aria. Also, he noticed Merna coming.

"...Just the three of you...damn. Okay, we're gonna have to make due for now. Kevon, have your bow ready, and the two of you save your energy, so transform only when we arrive at the town! Move out now!" Tiravs said, before marching out of the fort.

(If anyone else is coming back, say so now.)

hmmm... these mercenary guys seem decent, now then, where ARE we going anyways... ah well, I'll figure it out when I get there! Merna though it over before running over to catch up with the group.

Back
Top Bottom