• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Premarital sex?

Sex?

• yes

Votes: 34 69.4%
  • okay... no

Votes: 15 30.6%

• Total voters
I've been a skydiving virgin all my life! Should I not want to give it up until I'm sure I've found the right skydiving instructor?

Well...it'd be safer. o.O

I'm sure skydiving is an awesome experience, just like having sex should be. I am not going to cheapen it by going around and having sex with every one of my girlfriends or boyfriends. I don't work that way.

You appear to be arguing with the assumption that I will have some empathy for your position because most people think "virgin" is special. This is a common tactic against moderates, but it will not work here.

Fair point.

You can call it irrational and naive, but it is who I am, and one cannot change another person very easily

The Alexi agrees.

v.v You're not getting it... I am saying that it was the way I was brought up that causes me to believe this, and believe it to the end.
And I am telling you that, if you don't like it, you should stop believing it. I am seeing a general trend here that you would rather whine and make excuses than try to improve yourself or at least take responsibility.

True, I don't agree with other values that I was raised with, such as there being a kind, benevolent god who actually gives a crap about humans, but virginity being sacred is one of the virtues that I believe strongly in.
Christians only believe this "virtue" because they believe a god exists.

So your ONLY reason for finding virginity special is that you were told so when you were a kid? And you are defending this?

"Well Eevee I believe the moon is made of squirrels because my parents told me that when I was growing up!!"

I am needing greater and greater levels of emphasis here. Soon I'm going to need blinking glittery bold italic underline circled magenta marquee text.

Now, I won't be responding to any more comments tonight as it is my bedtime, so don't think that I am pulling off something stupid like, "LALALAH! I DON'T LIKE WHAT YOU ARE SAYING SO I AM LEAVING AND AS SUCH I WIN THIS ARGUMENT SO THERE!", because I am not.
I don't care nearly as much about this thread as you think I do.

I'm sure skydiving is an awesome experience, just like having sex should be. I am not going to cheapen it by going around and having sex with every one of my girlfriends or boyfriends. I don't work that way.
So you'd rather not skydive with multiple instructors because it would cheapen the experience? What the hell?

Do you not go out to eat with every one of your girlfriends or boyfriends, because then it won't be as good with the next person you date?

I'm getting a little tired of being told the facts of life by people who hardly know what a vagina looks like, let alone have any experience in sticking things in them.

Sex is not special.
People are special.

Okay, back up. This isn't even about me, I was just using me as an example.

Icalasari stated that he cannot stop believing something because it is a part of who he is (I'm the same way), so arguing this is really pointless. It's just who he is, and nothing's really going to change that.

Icalasari stated that he cannot stop believing something because it is a part of who he is (I'm the same way), so arguing this is really pointless. It's just who he is, and nothing's really going to change that.
May I ask why you're even in this thread if that's the attitude you're going to have? Debating is not shoving your fingers in your ears and going "I CAN'T HEAR YOU YOU ARE NOT GOING TO CHANGE WHAT I THINK"

So am I? Arbitrary handwaving second person.

This is defeatist, useless, and downright fucking stupid besides.

And yet again, may I point out that my grandmother, who LIVES here and, before living here, visited me and was visited by me quite often, worked at the church and is already spoonfeeding the crap of God made everyone and everything to my four year old sister? I think that may be partially responsible for my belief in sex and virginity being sacred

It seems to me that you're just afraid that if you don't act as God's Yes-Man, then you won't get to go to the land of lollipop trees and soda pop rivers where all the "righteous" get to praise this self-centered maniac for all of eternity. I stress righteous because I just don't get how those adorable racist grandmothers would be able to go to heaven even though it's just "aww" inspiring to hear them make sweet prejudice comments about Native Americans. However, let me ask you this. Are you sure you want to live forever? You can't stop, you have to keep going. Do you think that's fair at all that you have to do the same thing while those that defended homosexuality will keep on burning and will never be forgiven by the so-called "All-Merciful"? In fact, why live forever? I finally became full-fledged atheist after I became convinced that life just ending for me at around 80 would be fine.

It seems to me that you're just afraid that if you don't act as God's Yes-Man, then you won't get to go to the land of lollipop trees and soda pop rivers where all the "righteous" get to praise this self-centered maniac for all of eternity. I stress righteous because I just don't get how those adorable racist grandmothers would be able to go to heaven even though it's just "aww" inspiring to hear them make sweet prejudice comments about Native Americans. However, let me ask you this. Are you sure you want to live forever? You can't stop, you have to keep going. Do you think that's fair at all that you have to do the same thing while those that defended homosexuality will keep on burning and will never be forgiven by the so-called "All-Merciful"? In fact, why live forever? I finally became full-fledged atheist after I became convinced that life just ending for me at around 80 would be fine.

How did this become a religious debate? O.o

Well, we can stop it right here by me firmly stating that, if there is a creature out there with immense power to the point where it would be seen as a deity in our eyes, I HIGHLY doubt it gives a crap about what we do, as long as we don't go and irritate it (as in, if we found it and started prodding it to find out what makes it tick, THEN it would care about us. Care about killing us until we left it alone... O.o Actually, that would probably mean the end of religion as we know it o.O)

Anyways, the reason why I think virginity is so sacred... *sighs* Well, I have had more time to think about it (never thought about it that much before, so the best argument I had was that I was always told it was sacred, and it became a part of me), well... The first of almost anything can be special. Sure, the first fuck may not be special to some people, just like how the first, say, job is not special to many people. But there is still a percentage of the population that believes the first whatever is special, and should be cherished, making them want the moment to be perfect. (Ok, first job was a bad comparison, but I can't really think of many things v.v)

I am not, and never will be, one of those idiots that thinks that they will go to hell because they decided to give up their virginity before marriage. Like I said before, I just think after marriage is the most likely time that I would consider perfect. I could change my mind tomorrow very easily, and just say, "fuck it, the time is perfect now". It doesn't matter WHEN I think it is the perfect time. What matters is WHY virginity is so important to me. I can tell you now, if there was irrefutable proof that I was going to die in, say, a week, well, I would not remain a virgin for very long, because at that moment, I would think that it would be the perfect time. Hey, no time is more special than when you are about to die XD

Aurora King said:
May I ask why you're even in this thread if that's the attitude you're going to have? Debating is not shoving your fingers in your ears and going "I CAN'T HEAR YOU YOU ARE NOT GOING TO CHANGE WHAT I THINK"

I hope that was directed at Alexi, because I just said that I am not going to be taking that way out. If you guys can find something that changes my way of thinking, well, unlike a moron, I would actually go, "Hey, that makes sense! Alright, you have changed my mind". With the one post where I said it wouldn't be easy to change my mind, well, that was what I exactly meant. It wouldn't be easy. It is possible, just not easy. Understand?

Eevee said:
Sex is not special.
People are special.

Ok, that is bullshit. What makes each person special, beyond having different strands of DNA? If you mean that people can be special, then I agree. If you mean everybody is special automatically, then I would like to ask you what makes us all special, because the church says the same thing, and all they can come up with is that some deity that they never met and probably never will because it either doesn't give a crap about us or else is non-existent said so

Back
Top Bottom