• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Lord of the Flies Mafia (Closed)

bulbasaur

Not quite e^(-(x-μ)²/(2σ²)) / (σ√(2π))
This game of mafia will take place in an Alternative Universe branching off chapter 8 of Lord of the Flies. It might be confusing if you haven't read the book before, but you should be able to fuddle your way through. The more players, the better; I'm looking for 15 or more, but, eh, I guess it could work with 10.

Rules
  • No out-of-thread communication, except between Hunters, and between Sam and Eric.
  • Don't type in bold unless you are using an action, and if you are using an action, bold it lest it doesn't count.
  • Be somewhat active. Give me some indication that you're alive. That means posting in the thread, using your night actions, or even just PM'ing me saying that you would still like to be in the game (or are on an absence, with the approximate date on which you will be back). Do one of these at least once every week, please.
  • That said, lynching is not required unless there was no lynch the previous day.
  • Please register by Friday, August 12, 8:00 pm PDT.
  • If there is a tied vote/no vote in lynching (you can vote to abstain), I will randomize the kill between the players tied. In the special case of no votes, a player at random is lynched.

Roles

Hunters

Jack: Leader of the Hunters. Each night, he may decide one person to kill. (Equivalent to the Don)

Roger: An aggressive Hunter. Will function as Jack if Jack is unable to kill. Will become Jack if Jack dies.

Savage: A member of the Hunters. One at random will assume the role of Roger if Roger is killed, and another will assume the role of Jack if both Jack and Roger are killed on the same night.

The Hunters may communicate between them out of thread.

Innocent

Ralph: The chief of the innocents. He may choose to kill one person each night. When inspected and upon death, however, will return Hunter.

Piggy:: Each night, may inspect any one person. (Equivalent to Inspector)

Simon: Each night, may heal any one person except for himself. (Equivalent to Doctor)

Sam and Eric: Twins who share a strong, almost psychic bond. If one dies during the night, the other kills whoever killed him. They may communicate between them out-of-thread.

Littluns: Townspeople. Power to lynch.

And... that's it, I guess. Feel free to ask any questions.

Last edited:
Re: Lord of the Flies Mafia

I loved this book.

Incidentally-- didn't the Hunters outnumber the other kids by that point in the book?

Incidentally-- didn't the Hunters outnumber the other kids by that point in the book?

We can keep that our secret, can't we? And the fact that Ralph actually can't find it in himself to kill anything. And that the hunters and the others are easily distinguishable by their painted faces. And that they don't kill in the middle of the night. And a million other inconsistencies. Ah, well :P

Anybody else? The mafia:innocent ratio is sort unbalanced. One more player could balance it.

All right, I'll now close the sign-ups and distribute role PMs. Expect the thread tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom