• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

D/P/Pt A couple quick questions.

Darksong

Back in action!
I've been dwelling on this first question for a while now, but the second thing just happened to me...

The first thing: Recently, I traded over the GTS for a Bonsly. It was a weird trade -- I gave my Magnezone for it -- but I wanted to get more ID numbers, and I didn't use that Magnezone. When I obtained it, I looked at its stats, and it said it was from a "Faraway place" instead of Route 208, for example. What does this mean...?

Second question. Recently, in the Battle Tower, I was fighting a male Espeon with my Bastiodon. Somehow, AncientPower missed twice in a row. AncientPower has an accuracy of 100; although I know that all moves have a tiny chance of missing, what exactly is the chance of a 100% accuracy move missing twice in a row?

My Platinum has a lot of weird happenings.

Second question. Recently, in the Battle Tower, I was fighting a male Espeon with my Bastiodon. Somehow, AncientPower missed twice in a row. AncientPower has an accuracy of 100; although I know that all moves have a tiny chance of missing, what exactly is the chance of a 100% accuracy move missing twice in a row?

Brightpowder? :V

(link)Faraway place means its from HG/SS or its hacked.

is this the set?
591 | Espeon | Timid | Brightpowder | Psychic | Swift | Charm | Attract | SpA/Spe

link to all movesets in battle tower

That would be 20% chance or 1/5 for happening once, and 1/25 or 4% chance for missing twice. Also, in the battle frontier, there is something called HAX. It is proven that you are more likely to get bad things happen to you, and your opponents are more likely to get good things happen to them, like burns, or ancient power boosts.

Oh, whoops. Brightpowder, I forgot about that. Thanks. xD

As for the "hacked" thing... it might be hacked; however, there's nothing that proves this, and it could possibly be bred.

Although, it doesn't say "met at Lv 1," so it's probably hacked.
Dang. Will it affect my game?

No, it (probably) won't.

Hacks are getting better these days, they're much less likely to kill your game than they would in the days of RBY.

(link)Faraway place means its from HG/SS or its hacked.

Wait a second... So if you trade something over from HG/SS, it says "from a faraway place"... even though D/P/Pt have "Johto" programmed into them as a possible location? That's dumb.

It says Faraway Place. DPPt replaces unrecognized locations with Faraway Place; try looking at a Distortion World Giratina in DP.

Back
Top Bottom