• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Referee Headquarters

It's once every two rounds. See, a round's always divided up into three actions--it's just that every single pokémon can move once per action. So if you have a round where there's four pokémon on a field, the round still consists of only three actions, not twelve, in terms of time.

Alright. And one last thing:

I remember that, when I was last a ref, you could choose to not charge a Solarbeam or suffer an action loss from Hyperbeam. But the descriptions now don't hint towards that

So, do they now more closely follow game mechanics, or can one still fire one off right away/not spend an action resting, at the cost of power?

EDIT: Noticed an error. Slime Coat does not have an energy cost

Last edited:
Ordinarily two-turn attacks require only one action to perform unless the trainer directs otherwise.

For the sig move I'll call it 5% energy.

Arena said:
3 vs. 3
One out at a time
DQ: 7 days
Damage caps: Absolutely none. Not even the defaults. The shackles are off, baby.
Arena: The Nothing. It's a strange, low-gravity place not in this world... or dimension, for that matter. The "walls" (which can be seen in the distance but can never be reached) are striped with substances of metallic purple, black, and dark blue that move as if they're liquid distorting across each other like a pane of glass. Otherwise, the "floor" is composed of a solid, black space gridded with green lines. There's no ceiling, yet somehow, the arena is lit up to the point where opponents can clearly be seen. Occasionally (as in, in one action out of every six, although neither battler will know which one), a strange object such as an alien device, a shoe, or even a Magikarp will suddenly appear from one of the edges of the Nothing and fly past the battlers. If a Pokemon is struck with one of these, it automatically loses 1% health.
Special conditions:
- There's an unlimited number of chills, but because of the strange properties of the Nothing, after five chills are used, any chill after that will begin to drain a Pokemon of energy (equal to half the amount of energy the Pokemon would have gained), rather than restore it.
- Weather-altering moves (Sunny Day, Rain Dance, and Hail) are all banned.
- OHKOs (including Destiny Bond and Perish Song, along with every other conventional OHKO move) are banned.
- Earthquake is banned. See below.
- All Ground-type moves other than Earthquake are legal, but be warned that after four feet of dirt is worn away, a hole appears in the ground, leading to an upside-down version of the current arena. If a Pokemon falls into this upside-down version, they'll continue to fall "up" forever, resulting in an instant KO. (Earthquake would shatter the earth, resulting in an instant end to the match because there's no ground left to go on.)
- Because there's no rocks in this place, offensive Rock-type moves that would require them are banned.

Pre-Round Stats:

Mai [O]
(Quagsire) Doro (Female)
quagsire
Ability: Damp
Item: None
HP: 100%
Energy: 100%
Mood: N/A
Notes: Nothing of importance

abcdefg [O]
(Kecleon) Kecleon (Male)
Kecleon
Ability: Colour Change
HP: 100%
Mood: N/A
Notes: Screw American spelling. I am Canadian >:D

Round 1:

And here we are, round 1 of what I hope is only a few. The Nothing is a bizarre place, that prevents weather and that has bizarre physics. I feel queasy just being here! Anyways, back to the matter at hand...

Mai sends out Doro, while abcdefg sends out Kecleon. And right off the bat, we get some action!

Kecleon runs up to Doro, being faster that him. Doro can only watch as the Kecleon kicks at her... And completely fails. He managed to misaim his kick and go too far to the left! Boy, Kecleon sure does NOT look happy about this! Doro, on the other hand, can't help but to let out a small chuckle. The pissed off Kecleon gets up from the ground, giving Doro time to produce some excess slime. This slime seems to look somewhat odd though, as if it could burn through ones flesh

Kecleon, however, does not notice this apparently, as he begins to move around speedily, rapidly gaining velocity. Yet again, Doro can only watch as the Kecleon slams into her. Yikes! That had to hurt! This time, however, Doro has a nasty surprise. The Kecleon screams as the acid burns through his scales, slowly working its way to his bloodstream. The Kecleon is really pissed now, and it apparently is not helping his mood any that Colour Change was not activated, due to Slime Coat not doing direct damage. I don't think Lady Luck like abcdefg tonight, folks!

Well, looks like Kecleon is still cooling off, so lets take a look at Do-Why are there three of her? Oh, guess she used Double Team while we were distracted by Kecleon! Heck, I can't even tell which one is the real one! And considering Kecleon's luck this round, well, I think it is safe to assume that he won't be hitting anybody with his next attack.

Kecleon seems to have calmed down now, and appears to be taking in the light that surrounds everyone in this arena... Only question is, where IS that light coming from? Ah, it doesn't matter. Doro and her clones seem to be copying Kecleon's idea, somewhat, charging up her own beam of energy. And she is almo-WOAH! Looks like Kecleon's Solarbeam is not only done charging, but has also hit the real Doro! And looks like the unexpected hit took its toll, causing Doro to fire off prematurely in the sky, which is the direction one tends to face when knocked on their back by a powerful attack. The clones also appear to be vanishing, as the real Doro is laying on the ground, sizzling from the beam

Huh, looks like Kecleon's luck has finally turned around!

Post-Round Stats:

Mai [O]
(Quagsire) Doro (Female)
quagsire
Ability: Damp
HP: 70%
Energy: 84%
Mood: Pained
Notes: No clones remain. Also, is fried, not baked ^^

abcdefg [O]
(Kecleon) Kecleon (Male)
Kecleon
Ability: Colour Change
HP: 95%
Energy: 82%
Mood: Somewhat please with the end of this round
Notes: Next action the slime will finish burning through Kecleon's scales and poison him

End of Round Notes:

-Quagsire's base speed is 35. Kecleon's is 40. My suggestion is to check Veekun or Serebii for the base speed stat if the conditions are normal. This way, you don't have to spend time making a conditional statement based on whether or not Doro will go first

-Yet again, a note for Mia: You need to specify how many clones, or it WILL default to 2

-Yeah, the flying object decided not to appear. Consider yourselves lucky :D

-Calculations available upon request​

Bobino

While it's fairly infrequent that I get worked up over the aesthetic choices refs make in their work, I must say that I find the ALLCAPS and bold of some of your description, not to mention the RED, a bit annoying. I'm not counting it against you, but I'd really prefer you didn't do that.

Anyway, your battle description is a little sparse, but not bad. For example, a relatively concise bit of explanation for something straightforward like aerial ace is okay, but just saying that a pokémon "fired off a solarbeam" is not so much. You have a few irritating grammar quirks, like not being able to properly distinguish between its and it's, but it's not a chore to read, really.

Your damage and energy scores are fine, but I'm afraid the description would be a little under passable for a novice-level approval, and it's definitely not at the level of advanced. Not Approved

Icalasari

In terms of battle description, you have some typos and poor grammar moments scattered throughout the text, but on the whole it's not bad. The description is pretty minimalist--I might almost say too much so throughout the last paragraph--but in general the gist of what's going on is conveyed and is unconfusing. I'm a little suspicious that you were trying to weasel out of describing double team, but it worked out all right in any case.

Your damage and energy calculations are fine. Only gripe I have is that I probably wouldn't have taken quite as much energy off of Kecleon as you did. Yeah, that's one very powerful on-type attack and one very powerful on-typer, plus a middle moderately taxing attack. I'm thinking more like 15%-16% energy for that.

No major issues. Approved

Demotions

surskitty -> off list

Paychecks

Byrus: 1 2 3 = $30
Keta: 1 2 3 4 5 = $30
Kratos Aurion: 1 2 3 4 5 = $50
Kusarigamaitachi: 1 2 = $20
Negrek: 1 2 3 = $30

X3 I shall PM you the calculations, because if you think it is too much, then I may have made a mistake

Also, erm, I did that with double team because I finished off that paragraph, then realized I forgot to put in Double Team XD My mind wasn't all there. Sorry. But yeah, great to know my skills haven't diminished greatly

Trying Advanced.

Mai said:
3 vs. 3
One out at a time
DQ: 7 days
Damage caps: Absolutely none. Not even the defaults. The shackles are off, baby.
Arena: The Nothing. It's a strange, low-gravity place not in this world... or dimension, for that matter. The "walls" (which can be seen in the distance but can never be reached) are striped with substances of metallic purple, black, and dark blue that move as if they're liquid distorting across each other like a pane of glass. Otherwise, the "floor" is composed of a solid, black space gridded with green lines. There's no ceiling, yet somehow, the arena is lit up to the point where opponents can clearly be seen. Occasionally (as in, in one action out of every six, although neither battler will know which one), a strange object such as an alien device, a shoe, or even a Magikarp will suddenly appear from one of the edges of the Nothing and fly past the battlers. If a Pokemon is struck with one of these, it automatically loses 1% health.
Special conditions:
- There's an unlimited number of chills, but because of the strange properties of the Nothing, after five chills are used, any chill after that will begin to drain a Pokemon of energy (equal to half the amount of energy the Pokemon would have gained), rather than restore it.
- Weather-altering moves (Sunny Day, Rain Dance, and Hail) are all banned.
- OHKOs (including Destiny Bond and Perish Song, along with every other conventional OHKO move) are banned.
- Earthquake is banned. See below.
- All Ground-type moves other than Earthquake are legal, but be warned that after four feet of dirt is worn away, a hole appears in the ground, leading to an upside-down version of the current arena. If a Pokemon falls into this upside-down version, they'll continue to fall "up" forever, resulting in an instant KO. (Earthquake would shatter the earth, resulting in an instant end to the match because there's no ground left to go on.)
- Because there's no rocks in this place, offensive Rock-type moves that would require them are banned.

Round 1: Pre-Round
<Mai: Ooo>
Quagsire
Doro (F)
Damp
Health: 100%
Commands: Double Team/Slime Coat~Slime Coat/Double Team~Double Team/Hyper Beam

<abcdefg: Ooo>
Kecleon
Kecleon (M)
Color Change
Commands: Mega Kick~Aerial Ace~Solarbeam

And Mai, abcdefg and myself join in the Nothing-a strange place with even stranger laws of gravity and such-for what is sure to be an interesting battle. Mai casually tosses out a Pokeball, revealing a Quagsire, who slaps his tail on the pitch-black ground, looking eager. Similarly, abcdefg throws a ball out, and a Kecleon expertly leaps out, appearing slightly disconcerted at the terrible Impressionistic colors of the battlefield. Commands are yelled and strategies are planned for the upcoming trials.

Round 1: Begin!
Without so much as a nod, Kecleon leaps toward Doro, gathering energy in its leg. Upon reaching a close enough distance, it lets fly, landing squarely in Doro's chest with enough force to send Doro backwards, physically sick. After flying Back, Doro quickly sets about excreting slimy substances all over its pores, leaving it with a noticeable film around its body.
<Doro: -13H, -5E, I don't like you><Kecleon: -0H, -7E, ha ha>
Kecleon, roused by its wonderful Mega Kick, dashes towards Doro with surprising speed, ducking low. Doro grimaces while Kecleon slashes at Doro's tail. But then, Kecleon gives a scream of pain as some of the film rubs off onto Kecleon's hand-and starts corroding it. Doro smiles as it runs around in tiny circles, vibrating ever faster, until two clones split off of the real Doro, as she slows triumphantly.
<Doro: -7H, -2E, triumphant but in pain><Kecleon: -5H, -4E, it buuuuuurns>
Gathering energy from a seemingly nonexistent sun, Kecleon wastes no time charging up a beam of light and shooting it straight at the far-right Doro, trying to ignore the pain from the quickly corroding mess that was its hand. But his luck has turned, as the Doro the solarbeam hit quickly dissipates into thin air! Both Doros (clearly having fun) charge up a similar beam, only white, and fire it straight at Kecleon. One of the beams (which one remaining unknown to Kecleon) disentigrates on contact, but one connects, doing some massive damage. Kecleon looks annoyed at the sudden change in attack direction, still trying to put up with the slime being absorbed into his skin.
<Doro: -0H, -9E, tired but incredibly gleeful><Kecleon: -16H, -7E, in pain, burnt, and ticked off>

And that brings Round 1 to a close...

<Mai: Ooo>
Quagsire
Doro (F)
Damp
Health: 80%
Energy: 84%
Status: 1 clone. Tired and hurt, but feeling almost happy at causing Kecleon so much pain.
Commands: Slime Coat~Double Team~Hyper Beam

<abcdefg: Ooo>
Kecleon
Kecleon (M)
Color Change
Health: 79%
Commands: Mega Kick~Aerial Ace~Solarbeam​

Ref Notes:
-I used the official Damage and Energy Guide, give or take a percentage.
-Random number said no flying Magikarp. :sad:
-Next turn Kecleon will be poisoned and have more to fume about.
-Mai attacks first next round.

Might be a little late for you... but he's already responded to two people that tried this mock. According to earlier in this thread, that makes it null and void. Hopefully he'll have the new Advanced one soon, so we can both take a swing at it.

It's likely that I've missed one or two this week, so just let me know if I have.

Paychecks

Byrus: 1 = $10
Keta: 1 2 3 = $18
Kusarigamaitachi: 1 = $10

Demotions

Ekibyogami -> Novice
Light Mightyena -> Novice
Walker -> Novice
Full Metal Cookies -> off list

Paychecks

Byrus: 1 2 = $20
Chiropter: 1 = $10
Keta: 1 = $6
Kratos Aurion: 1 2 = 3 = $30
moon-panther: 1 = $3
Negrek: 1 = $10

Last edited:
I'm going to try my luck at a Novice Ref...

PRE-ROUND [#]
Kunai (OOO)
Electivire
Volt
Health: 81%
Energy: 61%
Chills: 0/3
Status: -2 Accuracy. Healthy, but frustrated by the failure of his Thunder to hit, and starting to feel a little worn out.
Rolling Kick ~ Substitute (10%) ~ Thunder

Elbub (OOO)
Magmar
Vesuvius
Health: 79%
Energy: 77%
Status: -1 Accuracy (1 more round), still infuriated with Volt (1 more action). Relieved that Thunder missed but unsettled and disgruntled by the rain.
Mud Slap ~ Confuse Ray/Toxic/Strength ~ Toxic/Psychic/Brick Break

Arena Notes

- Vesuvius is standing barely ten feet to the west of a large crater, around which are several muddy ditches. Volt is standing another ten feet northwest of the Magmar, surrounded by singed plants and similarly-dug grooves in the soil, which is rapidly turning to sludgey mud.
- It is raining heavily (7 more actions).
- The mud on Volt's face is slowly being washed away by the rain (+1 Accuracy/round).​

ROUND [#]

The referee looks upon the field, and seeing that the Pokemon are ready and have been given commands from their trainers, he announces that the round has begun.​

Vesuvius glares at Volt, and, without hesitation, the Magmar kicks the ground underneath itself, launching a small pile of mud and grass at Volt. Volt quickly begins to spin around with incredible speed, his legs extended in front of himself, and he launches himself at the Magmar, still spinning and barely avoiding the Mud Slap. Unfortunately for the poor Electivire, he misses the Magmar by a few feet, and instead finds himself out of control of where he is going. He spins for a few more feet, before hitting a tree, many feet away from where he began to spin. Volt looks up, his head hurting, and mildly confused as to what happened.​

[Volt: -1H -5E Vesuvius: -0H -5E]​

Vesuvius looks on, smirking. Volt gains his concentration again, and both of the Pokemon glare at each other for a fraction of a second. Volt then stands up and begins to glow very brightly. Vesuvius stares at him for a few moments, curious, but shakes it off. Vesuvius opens its mouth and out of it came a yellow orb that began to dance about. However, Volt had finished glowing and was standing behind a smaller Electivire, who didn't seem the slightest bit amused by the yellow orb.​

[Volt: -10H -9E Vesuvius: -0H -4E]​

Once the yellow orb fades away, Volt looks up at the sky and begins to roar. Vesuvius looks on with horror. The Magmar quickly opens its mouth and shot out a mess of toxic sludge, aimed for Volt. Midway in the air, the mess of sludge curves, and instead hits the smaller Electivire, who didn't seem affected in the least bit by the failed Toxic attack. Vesuvius looked up in the sky with horror. It was the dreaded Thunder attack! Not again! Volt finished roaring. Suddenly, from the sky, a beam of light shoots down upon Vesuvius, and is gone in less than a millisecond. Vesuvius lies on the ground, still conscious, but in enormous pain.​

[Volt: -0H -6E Vesuvius: -16H -4E]​

POST ROUND [#]
Kunai (OOO)
Electivire
Volt
Health: 70%
Energy: 41%
Is immensely pleased by the effect of his Thunder attack.
"Pretty light..."​

Elbub (OOO)
Magmar
Vesuvius
Health: 63%
Energy: 64%
Status: Is currently in an immense amount of pain and is seeing its life flash before its eyes.
"DARN THAT STUPID ELECTRIC THING!"​

Notes:
Took off 1 health in the first round for Volt because, well, hitting a tree is going to hurt. I know.​

Rolling Kick missed. *aduh*​

Vesuvius' gender was not specified (If it was, I missed it) so I reffered to it as "it".​

Confuse Ray and Toxic do not affect Substitutes.​

Advanced reffing, because the novice one looks scary. D:

Originally Posted by VaanAshe
3 vs. 3 (Single Battle)
DQ: 3 Days
Arena: Indigo Stadium (Plain)
A flat arena of packed clay with no notable features.

Sentrovasi's Pokemon: [OOO]
Quilava
[Ravaya] [F]
Energy: 87%
Status: Poison seeping in [1% next round and doubling each round after that]. Enjoying the sunshine.
Eruption/10% Substitute ~ Focus Punch/Foresight/Eruption ~ Lava Plume/Will-o-Wisp

VaanAshe's Pokemon: [OOO]
Seadra
[Tatts] [F] <Poison Point>
Health: 84%
Status: Poisoned [1% and doubling next round]. Two clones active. Substitute active [15%]. Accuracy reduced by 30% due to chemicals burning eyes. This reduction reduces by 5% each round.
Dragon Dance ~ Swagger / Icy Wind ~ Whirlpool / Waterfall / Water Pulse

Round X: Begin!

The crowd begins to get fired up when Tatts's eyes begin to glow. What kind of move could this be? The seadra begins performing a strange dance, passed down from generation to generation of dragon kin. She twists and coils in a mystical fashion, calling upon the power and speed of the ancient dragon warriors. As the crowd gives their plaudits Ravaya is slightly befuddled. Why was her opponent spazzing out, right there on the floor? Was it because of lack of water? The quilava fluffs up her short fur out of habit, but is then surprised to see droplets of poison flying out of her fur. Concluding that an Eruption was to be used, Ravaya shuts her eyes. Her body begins to take on a strange, muddy reddish-colour, and the crowd's gaze turns to the quilava. Just as Tatts begins to feel the effects of the Dragon Dance, Ravaya rushes forward blindly. Even if she was traveling in the other direction, the Eruption would have done the same damage. Flames explode forth from the quilava in all directions [more ooing and ahing from the crowd, much to her annoyance] and Tatts gives an otherwordly screech. The flames lick at his body, absorbing what moisture is left, and the heat of the sun doesn't help. Ravaya gives a cheeky smile, not only at his suffering opponent, but also as she watches the bits of poison evaporating into the heat. Also, the two clones fade away into the fumes as the Eruption wipes them out as well. However, a strange -poff!- catches the quilava's attention; when she turns around Tatts is there, but in perfect condition with no signs of burns. Realizing that all that was affected was the now nonexistant Substitute, Ravaya's flames flare up in agitation. She'd wasted a perfect Eruption just for an ugly doll.. but at least there was only one Tatts now.

Tatts narrows his eyes and snickers at the steaming quilava, intending to fan those none-too-figurative flames. Taking a seadra step forwards, she begins whispering taunts in the native Pokémon language. As the crowd wonders what is going on, Ravaya, her ears catching wind of these repulsive words, begins growling menacingly at the seadra. However, Tatt's taunts don't seem to stop, as now a steady stream of bragging and taunts are barraging the poor quilava. Infuriated, Ravaya forgets her orignally intended Forsight and charges straight at the seadra. Even if Tatts's vision is slightly disrupted by the acid, she is still able to perceive the flaming blob flying at her as a raging quilava, and sidesteps out of the way. Ravaya hurdles into the ground, knocking the wind out of her. But even then, she is too blinded with rage to notice the damage, foaming at the mouth and eager to take a good bite at the seadra. There's a hurt ego to nurse for the quilava, and that crappy seadra wasn't helping. Tatts, raising an eyebrow at the seething quilava, snorts and looks the other way. Not like she could really differentiate between the things on one side of her and the other with the poison gnawing at her eyeballs, but still.

Although the seadra's speed both is heightened and surpasses that of the quilava, Ravaya's pure anger fuels her on to move first. With a strike of her paw, a crack forms in the clay earth, slowly lengthening and deepening until it becomes a large fissure. The stadium begins to rumble, and the crowd and Tatts look apprehensively about. Ravaya lets out a bloodthirsty howl, chilling them all to the bone. As the last heated sound wave scatters, a colossal plume of magma erupts from the fissure, and the crowd lets out a shout as the wave descends upon the paralyzed Tatts. The combination of the searing molten rock and the intensity of the sun's rays upon the burning seadra forces him to let out an ear-piercing cry. Ravaya watches with satisfaction, her ears cocked to Tatts's cries, of which are all in vain and despair. As the lava seeps back into the closing fissure with nasty bubbling sounds, Tatts is left on the clay earth, baking in the sunlight. Tatts weakly lifts her head, wincing at the new burns forming cross-country across her dried-out body. Even though she still has the energy to, she doesn't have the will to create a Whirpool. She can barely even spit out a Water Gun, after that horrific Lava Plume. That damn quilava.. she was going to get her revenge.. but not now. Right now, she was just going to rest a little bit, recover from the Lava Plume. She winces as the poison nips at her body, but then she feels the natural fluids inside her wash away a bit of the poison in her eyes. She can see the quilava now, triumphant but still wary of her. Tatts smiles to herself, wondering how she could still impose a threat on the deadly quilava. Ravaya, watching from her spot near the lessening fissure, relaxes slightly at the seadra's weak attempt to take a look at her. Although she flinches slightly at the poison, her receding anger blocks the pain. Although the Swagger still has its grip on the quilava, she is beginning to feel the effects of using two powerful attacks.

Round X: End

Sentrovasi's Pokemon: [OOO]
Quilava
[Ravaya] [F]
Health: 94%
Energy: 67%
Status: Poisoned, 1% [doubling canceled mostly by the Eruption, most got burned off but a little seeped in] Confused [slightly severe] and +2 attack; although pretty satisfied with almost burning Tatts to a crisp, she still wants to take a good swipe at her.

VaanAshe's Pokemon: [OOO]
Seadra
[Tatts] [F] <Poison Point>
Health: 73%
Energy: 75%
Status: Poisoned [2%, doubling next round]; accuracy reduced by 25% due to chemicals burning eyes. This reduction reduces by 5% each round. +1 attack, +1 speed. Wants to relax a bit after the terrifying Lava Plume.

Ref Notes!:
1. Forsight failed, due to Swagger taking effect.
2. Whirpool failed, due to the epic Lava Plume.
3. There is a fairly large crack in the ground that is still closing.
4. Sunny Day [6 more actions].
5. Sentrovasi and Ravaya attack next.
6. I wrote waaaaay too much. I don't think I will really write as much if I become a ref. But who knows.

Going for advanced -- the arena on the first on is confusing :<

Arena said:
3 vs. 3 (Single Battle)
DQ: 3 Days
Arena: Indigo Stadium (Plain) A flat arena of packed clay with no notable features.

Quilava
Sentrovasi's Pokemon: OOO
Ravaya (F) Quilava
Health - 100
Energy - 87
Status: Poison seeping in [1 damage next round and doubling each round after that]. Enjoying the sunshine.
Commands: Eruption/10% Substitute ~ Focus Punch/Foresight/Eruption ~ Lava Plume/Will-o-Wisp

seadra
VaanAshe's Pokemon: OOO
Tatts (F) Seadra <Poison Point>
Health - 84
Energy - 82
Status: Poisoned [1 damage and doubling next round]. Two clones active. Substitute active [15 health]. Accuracy

reduced by 30% due to chemicals burning eyes. This reduction reduces by 5% each round.
Commands: Dragon Dance ~ Swagger / Icy Wind ~ Whirlpool / Waterfall / Water Pulse

Tatts begins the round, twisting and swirling in arcane patterns that are kept as a secret that only draconian beings know. The dance becomes more erratic and a lot faster, until she comes to a sudden halt, muscles warmed up and supported by a mystical energy. Ravaya is not slow to answer -- she begins running towards Tatts, or as best she can with the substitute in the way, and her fur becomes scorching hot, so much so that it begins to glow red with an aura of fire. She gives out a battle cry as the fire on her head and tail become white-hot, and launch fire into the sky, turning the arena into a furnace. Tatts wails as the already hot stadium becomes even hotter, drying her scales. Unfortunately for her, the fire does not stay in the sky and begins to plummet down at an amazing speed, burning the ground at an unimaginable heat.

However, Tatts' substitute takes flight positions itself above her, it desintegrates in seconds, but it does stay long enough to shield her from the brunt of the attack. It doesn't shield her clones, though, that dissipate instantly. Ravaya frowns and pants; The attack took a lot from her, and her effort to hurt the Seadra went up in smoke. She tries to think of a silver lining - finding it in the fact that the poison from the Toxic* has been burnt off of burnt her skin.

[Ravaya: -0h, -13e, Poison is burnt off. ---- Tatts: -3h, -4e, +1 Attack, +1 Speed, Poisoned [1dmg{x2 next round}], 25% acc loss.]

Tatts takes a moment to think about her command -- she had preformed the dance successfully, but she doesn't feel that she is at double strength. She shrugs it off, and summons up a chilling wind from inside her body, trying to take as careful aim as she can with the sun disorienting her vision.
Ravaya takes her time to think about what her trainer has said. She concentrates deeply about combat, about how she can win, about smacking Tatts in the face.
Tatts shoots the ice from her tube-like mouth, but quickly notices that something is wrong. As the ice escapes into the field, it melts in the heat that the sun and eruption has made, turning into a squirt of water that eventually evaporates, no where near the Quilava. Tatts visibly deflates.
Ravaya eventually comes out of her meditation and aims carefully at Tatts, paws glowing with pure energy. She runs as fast as she can up to Tatts, which she is having trouble with - the clay has begun to melt and bogs down the Quilava.
She gets there, and lands the punch - hard. The force is enough to knock Tatts backwards half a meter.

[Ravaya: -0h, -8e. ---- Tatts: -10h, -5e, +1 Attack, +1 Speed, Poisoned [1dmg{x2 next round}], 20% acc loss.]

Once again, Tatts begins, although she is heavily dishearted. She prays that her next attack will work, though she finds happiness in the fact that the heat of the eruption has become considerably less, though the sun still shines brightly. She summons up water from inside her, and, again tries to careful and clear with her aim. A pulse of the liquid comes out of her snout again, circles into any sound waves that pass by, and slam into Ravaya.They knock her down slightly, but a lot of the actual damage becomes weak in the sunlight.
Ravaya gets back on to her feet, and tries to think of her command. Was it Lava Plume when Tatts makes a substitute? Or was it Will-o-Wisp if you get hit by a whirlpool? She tries to think clearly about what to do, but her mind is completely scrambled by the supersonic pulses of water. She tries to get back into focus and fails miserably, as wobbles around and eventually, she slams her head into the soft ground instead.

Tatts feels extremely relieved -- she didn't have to move much, and Ravaya has no idea what she's doing. The soothing feeling is short-lasted as poison snaps her back into the battle, and makes her wince slightly in pain.

[Ravaya: -5h, -0e, Confused (moderate) --- Tatts: -1h, -4e, +1 Attack, +1 Speed, Poisoned [1dmg{x2 next round}], 15% acc loss.]

Quilava
Sentrovasi's Pokemon: [colour=red]O[/color]OO
Ravaya (F) Quilava
Health - 90
Energy - 66
Status: Confused (moderate). Not that concerned about Tatts.
Commands: Eruption ~ Focus Punch ~ [confused]

seadra
VaanAshe's Pokemon: OOO
Tatts (F) Seadra <Poison Point>
Health - 70
Energy - 69
Status: Poisoned [1 damage and doubling next round]. Accuracy reduced by 15% due to chemicals burning eyes. This reduction reduces by 5% each round. +1 Attack, +1 Speed.
Commands: Dragon Dance ~ Icy Wind ~ Water Pulse

Not-Ref notes:
- Sun is shining, 6 more turns
- Dragon Dance is +1 Atk, +1 Spd.
- The battlefield is completely scorched, and the clay is soft and mushy.
- Focus Punch's damage was slightly negated because Ravaya's speed was cut.​

I'm assuming the poison was done via Toxic, if it wasn't, the whole reffing would be different. :<

I'm imagining that there's nowhere to hide in a plain arena, and that full-power eruption has a fairly large range, besides, the damage was from the sheer heat and not actual contact. :/
So that's why imagined sub to work like that -- Tatts can't just vanish into thin air... or can he? :O

Blaziking 175

Your battle description is okay, but you do get lazy at time. The substitute thing, for example, was a bit underwhelming. On the whole, though it's not bad.

Unless I missed something, Volt should be at -1 accuracy at the end of the round, not +1. You also forgot to mention how long rain would continue at the end of the round.

Generally, substitute only takes half as much energy to create as it does health. Therefore, Volt would use more like 5% energy on his sub. Five percent energy is also a bit much for rolling kick; it's not a very powerful attack. If it's costing only one less energy than thunder, it ought to be pretty spectacular. And five percent energy for a mud-slap? Seriously? That's a pitifully weak attack, and its added effect isn't amazing enough to add that much energy to it. I'd say something like 1-2% energy for mud-slap, 2-3% for confuse ray, and 4% for toxic. Again, just look at how you're grading other attacks here. Confuse ray is a moderately powerful status attack, but it's nowhere near as taxing to use as thunder, so it's probably not four or five energy if thunder's going to be six. Toxic is something of an exception, being an extremely potent (and rather overused) poison attack, so it generally takes more energy to produce than other status attacks of similar PP value.

Not bad, really. You need to watch your bookkeeping on stuff like the accuracy and rain duration. Energy's where the real problem's at now. Make sure that attacks fall into energy values when compared to one another. Not Approved

Crowned Clown

The battle description's fine. An error here and there, and at times you may tend a little too much towards the flowery or strange (the seadra... sidestepped?), but overall no real problem.

You do need to watch the last paragraph where Tatts doesn't use whirlpool, though. She wouldn't be able to due to the lack of available water in the arena, but the way you wrote it made it sound like she just couldn't manage to. She only took about 10% damage; you might be able to argue that the sunny day would foil her efforts, but in truth the attack she'd weathered wasn't really that incredible, and certainly not enough to prevent the whirlpool from going off by itself. Also, I believe that icy wind should have been the second-action attack, as Tatts only got a +1 attack bonus.

Health and energy, though, more of an issue. Ravaya took what, 5% damage for hurting herself in confusion? That's very hefty, even considering the +2 attack boost. I'd honestly say no more than 3% is appropriate there. You may have been a bit overzealous on the energy consumption, too. I'm not seeing more than 15% for lava plume and eruption together, and then the failed foresight's not going to be more than one or two percent in and of itself. Depending on whether or not you took any energy off Tatts for the final action, her energy usage is probably a bit steep, too.

Battle description's good, but the energy and damage calculations leave a bit to be desired. It's a tough call, but in the end I feel I'm going to have to say Not Approved.

PichuK

Battle description's fine. Second action is a tough call for Ravaya, given that her conditionals don't really cover the situation exactly, but focus punch is a good choice in the end.

The sun shines for six more actions.

I'm confused; reading through your calculations, I only see Ravaya losing 5% health, but she's 10% down in the final round summary. Her energy loss is a little high; I'd think something more like 7% for lava plume and 11% for eruption. I also probably wouldn't take as much energy off for dragon dance as you did, though given that Tatts is trying to use it out of water, it would by nature be a little more difficult than usual.

In the end, just minor little things. Please do remember not to call things "turns," though. And I'm curious as to what happened to Ravaya's health, but the calculation itself is right, so it's not a major problem. Approved

New mocks should go up sometime tomorrow.

Promotions

Keta -> Elite Referee

Paychecks

Byrus: 1 = $10
Icalasari: 1 = $6
Keta: 1 2 3 = $30
Kratos Aurion: 1 2 = $20
Negrek: 1 2 3 4 = $40

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom