• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pokémon Black and White

Re: Pokémon Black and White

Ok... am I just being stupid, or is there no "set all pokemon to level 100/ level 50" option in Wi-fi battles? I saw there were flat battles, but you could only pick 3 pokemon.
According to Bulbapedia, they removed the "Level 100" option.

Aaand I'm training my team before I tackle the post-game. To level 60. I don't like to be below level.

I just got the dark stone, so I'm making my way to Opelucid city.

Trainer name: Travis (blame no more heroes for my obsession with this name)
Team:
[Eddie] Serperior (M) Level 41
[Byrum] Scolipede (F) Level 43 <Swarm>
[Neptune] Seismitoad (M) <Poison touch> (would have preferred swift swim but oh well) Level 44
[Ragnar] Krookodile (M) <Moxie> Level 44
[Clockwerk] Golurk (X) <Iron fist> (no, his nickname isn't a typo, it's a sly cooper reference) Level 43
[Buster] Stoutland (M) <Intimidate> Level 41

Not exactly very balanced, I just went with my favourites here. Wish I didn't fuck up my EV training though! I really love the animated sprites too, they're all very well done. Some of them are really funny too, like Scraggy, Stunfisk and Palpitoad.
Also, Professor Juniper is pretty hot. I finally found a professor I'm actually interested in. Oh, and Burgh's name makes me lol. Every time his name came on screen I imagined the character making a puking sound.

Last edited:

I decided to a semi-normal run, so I restarted.

Proposed team:
609.png

537.png

593.png

561.png

560.png

512.png

WHAT NO STARTER I know.

Current:
Badges: none.

Pokemon:

498.png

[Walt] lv. 12 Ember/Tackle/Odor sleuth/That other move

511.png

[Archimedes] lv. 12 Vine whip/Lick/Leer/Scratch

Note: Walt is a placeholder until I beat the gym.
Note II: I'm dreading the possibility of grinding right now, because it will take forever.

Okay, I have a team of capable level 50 Pokemon and no matter how hard I try I can't beat Ghetsis. His Hydra-whatever always comes out second, and proceeds to OHKO (or almost do so) all of my Pokemon, making training pretty much impossible since the victory road Pokemon are painfully slow targets. Also, it always OHKO's my zekrom but leaves everything else I have with about 1 HP. I don't get it.

Anyone have any tips other than "spend the entirety of tomorrow training my Pokemon only to have them all defeated before even a third Pokemon comes out?" Should I use the Sigilyph I just threw off in place of the Zekrom?

Also, Jellicent's head is too big and puffy. First time I saw it I felt sick (but it is nice and squidgy).

I considered adding a Cryogonal to my team but I'm not entirely sure how to get one and I don't know who to replace. Currently I have:

(Scalladh) Red Basculin [F] Lv 50
Crunch, Surf, Chip Away, Double-Edge

(Hope) Zekrom [x] Lv 50
DragonBreath, Slash, Fly, Fusion Bolt (I had to teach it Fly because I had replaced it with my flying Pokemon.)

(Bideach) Eelektross [F] Lv 50
Crunch, Thunder Wave, Dragon Claw, Thunderbolt

(Zampano) Emboar [M] Lv 50
Head Smash, Flamethrower, Arm Thrust, Strength

(Muffin) Stunfisk [M] Lv 50
Thunderbolt, Bulldoze, Bounce, Revenge

(Tumadoir) Carracosta [M] Lv 50
Aqua Tail, Rock Slide, Crunch, Curse

Last edited:

Do you have any pokemon with fighting-type moves? My Throh at the time was level 52, and one-hit it with either Storm Throw or Revenge, but probably the prior.

Do you have any pokemon with fighting-type moves? My Throh at the time was level 52, and one-hit it with either Storm Throw or Revenge, but probably the prior.

I have an Emboar with Arm Thrust and a Stunfisk with Revenge, although neither of them are extremely good moves. Plus, the Cofagrigus is crippling. x-x I do like the ability Mummy though, just because of the "mummy tag" feel of it.

Bideach used Crunch!
it's super effective!
Bideach's Ability became Mummy!
(In other words... Tag, you're it!)

EDIT: He just sent out Bouffalant second, but it still didn't go so well. It fainted my first Pokemon with a physical attack, though, so it got mummy tagged. Hehe. A big reason Arm Thrust isn't reliable is because it never hits more than twice.

Try buying like a whole bunch of Hyper Potions, doing an attack when you can, and then stalling him out. That's what I did, and I won with a level 51 Stoutland using Return again and again. Make sure you spend his Full Restores and whatever he uses to heal his Pokémon on other, much weaker ones so that he doesn't use them on Hydreigon. You could also, for more stalling, try teaching something Toxic and waiting until his Hydreigon faints.

Last edited:

Hmm, Toxic. That would be an interesting idea, especially because I should have learned it from the Cofagrigus. I don't think I have a Toxic TM, but I might be able to find a Pokemon that can learn it by level and stand to use it for one battle. The Cryogonal I was planning might not work because of Fire blast, although it does have decent special defense as far as I remember...

Also, the hyper potion spamming would be a good idea if it was possible to even get a hit in when I use nothing but potions. Oops.

EDIT: I just tried again and found out that Hydreigon is weak against Fighting. I should have known it was Steel-type, but I guess I didn't make the connection. Revenge doesn't even do enough damage to 3-hit KO it though.

EDIT 2: It is possible to beat the Hydreigon with my current team but it requires fainting my last Pokemon because of Double-edge. Oops.

My sister wasn't kidding when she said this is the hardest Pokemon game in existence. I believe Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker is slightly more difficult though.

Last edited:

Hmm, Toxic. That would be an interesting idea, especially because I should have learned it from the Cofagrigus. I don't think I have a Toxic TM, but I might be able to find a Pokemon that can learn it by level and stand to use it for one battle. The Cryogonal I was planning might not work because of Fire blast, although it does have decent special defense as far as I remember...

Also, the hyper potion spamming would be a good idea if it was possible to even get a hit in when I use nothing but potions. Oops.

EDIT: I just tried again and found out that Hydreigon is weak against Fighting. I should have known it was Steel-type, but I guess I didn't make the connection. Revenge doesn't even do enough damage to 3-hit KO it though.

EDIT 2: It is possible to beat the Hydreigon with my current team but it requires fainting my last Pokemon because of Double-edge. Oops.

My sister wasn't kidding when she said this is the hardest Pokemon game in existence. I believe Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker is slightly more difficult though.

Um what? It's dark, hence the dark appearance. Plus, if it were steel it would have a neutral effect against fire. Train a Scolipede, have it know Megahorn or Steamroller, that'll do it. (This is first-hand kniowledge from the user of a Hydreigon).

Hydreigon is really, really annoying to battle. Especially since Ghetsis uses one that's ten levels below what a Hydreigon can legally be.

My advice? If you can stand it, get Zekrom just high enough to survive a single hit from Hydreigon. Sounds to me like it has a nature that reduces Zekrom's special defense, which is why Dragon Pulse is OHKOing it. Anyways, do that, and get Zekrom to deal out some damage to it. When it inevitably faints, send out a dummy Pokemon to take damage while you revive Zekrom. Hopefully, once Zekrom damages Hydreigon enough, you can use a Pokemon that's fast (like I used Serperior, for example) to outspeed it and finish it off. At least, that's what I did against Hydreigon.

Right now I'm just grinding up my team and capturing some mons. I hope to be able to battle Shigeki Morimoto, Alder, and Cynthia soonish. After that...I'm not sure what I'm going to do. o_o I think I could raise a team to demolish the battle subway, or maybe battle online with. Actually, I've not even tried out the online features yet. Too bad the Dream World isn't up yet or I'd be on right now.

Um what? It's dark, hence the dark appearance. Plus, if it were steel it would have a neutral effect against fire. Train a Scolipede, have it know Megahorn or Steamroller, that'll do it. (This is first-hand kniowledge from the user of a Hydreigon).

Oh. I just assumed it was Steel because Fighting was good against it. At first I thought it was part Normal but I can't remember how I dissuaded myself from thinking that. (My goal is to beat the whole game without using online Pokedexes for moves or typing [which is what I call Pokemon types :P], so I'm a bit inaccurate...)

I was thinking about using a Scolipede earlier in the game but I gave up the idea because my Venipede's attack was terrible. Successes, failures, consequences...

I'll try training all my Pokemon one more level and see what happens (since it took several days for me to just train my Basculin), and blah, everyone's giving me good advice.

Also, I just caught an Excadrill for the heck of it, and I thought it would be bigger than two feet tall. That's smaller than my Basculin... It looks huge from the sprite. o_o

Last edited:

Hydreigon is really, really annoying to battle. Especially since Ghetsis uses one that's ten levels below what a Hydreigon can legally be.

My advice? If you can stand it, get Zekrom just high enough to survive a single hit from Hydreigon. Sounds to me like it has a nature that reduces Zekrom's special defense, which is why Dragon Pulse is OHKOing it. Anyways, do that, and get Zekrom to deal out some damage to it. When it inevitably faints, send out a dummy Pokemon to take damage while you revive Zekrom. Hopefully, once Zekrom damages Hydreigon enough, you can use a Pokemon that's fast (like I used Serperior, for example) to outspeed it and finish it off. At least, that's what I did against Hydreigon.

Hmm. I don't really have a dummy Pokemon, since all of them are useful in some way, but I guess I could sacrifice my Stunfisk. And yes, my Zekrom is Lax. I didn't really want to reset, though, since I caught it on my third Poke Ball. (I still haven't checked to see how high its catch rate is.) With the above situation, though, I'd have to be careful not to use Scalladh, my Basculin, before that because she's my fastest Pokemon and she still can't outspeed it.

I HATE GRINDING FOR THE LEAGUE CHALLENGE!!

The Elite Four weren't as hard for me as Ghetsis. I guess I'm kind of the reverse of everyone else (I easily beat N on my first try)....

My Basculin is currently trying to learn Final Gambit. Anyone know if I should bother teaching it? (I can replace Crunch, Chip Away or Double-Edge.)

[Faline] Deerling, female [lv. 30]
[Shelly] Shelmet, female [lv. 33]
[Blackie] Pignite, male [lv. 34]
[Tutty] Cofagrigus, female [lv. 35]
[Hearye] Audino, male [lv. 41]
[Outsider] Sawk, male [lv. 52]

...I just beat Ghetsis, and I really don't know how. I think it was thanks to my Stunfisk - it used Bounce to paralyze the Eelektross, and since Eelektross didn't know any good moves to use against Stunfisk I was able to heal my other Pokemon at my leisure, giving Muffin (the stunfisk) a Moomoomilk whenever necessary. Then I finished it off with Revenge, and it went downhill from there.

I honestly don't know how in the world I did that. (The credits move really fast.) I didn't really get the ending either, but I guess I still have more to do. Hehe....

Currently grinding or the Dragon gym, quite slowly.

Team:

Zuereuaque Lv. 39 (Darmanitan, male)
Gleisseine Lv. 39 (Beartic, male)
Coloumiere Lv. 39 (Unfeazant, female)
Florrande Lv. 39 (Samurott, male)
Eblounuage Lv. 40 (Cotton, male)
Hurquelane Lv. 41 (Golett, male)

Obviously I'm a bit underlevelled for this point in the game! I only just discovered the use of the Lucky Egg. Oh well.

Last edited:

I'm still at route 6 xD

Those are the Pokémons I'm training and some of my favs untill now:

[Tsutaja] Servine Lv. 29 (my fav by far and of course my starter)
[Kururu] Scraggy Lv. 31 (other of my favs, he's just awesome<3 I'm having him because his Dark and Fighting skills)
[Monito] Panpour Lv. 28 (I do needed a water type Pokémon)
[Suneta] Musharna Lv. 28 (I like psychic types, and his 'voice' is super)
[Zorrito] Victini Lv. 29 (I needed a Fire one, and his status always rise with the speed of light)
[Negrito] Yamask Lv. 27 (I love Ghost type too)

I have some more that I usually choose, so I don't have a fixed team except for Tsutaja, Kururu, Suneta and Zorrito.
For example I have a Roggenrolla called Pedrolo that I really like (despite he seems, you know, an anus xD) for his battle skills. And I train my Blitzle from time to time for when I need an electric Pokémon. My Sawk, Woobat and Audino are also trained from time to time, I like them too.

Sleuth [Dewott] Lv. 23
ゲンキシ [Zorua] Lv. 24
Jade [Whimiscott] Lv. 22
Dave [Scraggy] Lv. 25
Tavros [Emolga] Lv. 20

Back
Top Bottom